Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Homepage is borked?

Random

Arcane
Patron
I was trolling around on these fine nets when typed in the URL for this lovely website and found this:

q0xrovn.jpg

I tried it in every browser and got the same error. Eventually I used a bookmark to hop into the actual forum. Dunno if this is just maintenance or what. Checked with a few other users and heard the same problem.

Absalom

An actual legitimate problem, in site feedback?:eek:

I have this problem too

EG

Nullified
My God . . . RPGCodex is going the same way as FanMadeFallout did . . .

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Yeah, working on it. Making a few changes on the back-end and digging out some broken stuff.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Yea; I tried putting it back but it came up with that Unhandled Exception 8 error so I didn't know if this was the proper index or some old one. Is this something due to what you've changed? We're on Apache now until I can get LS working properly again.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Yeah, SCRIPT_URI is no longer available - but I just changed the code to not use it though. Everything else seems ok.

Oh yeah and mb_split is missing, fixed TCancer and the Codex to not use that either.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Yeah, working on it. Making a few changes on the back-end and digging out some broken stuff.

Would it not have been prudent to do this locally first and test before deploying the changes to production?

jk DU, I totally approve of editing the code of a live website with an average ~500 concurrent users. Bonus points if you do it straight through cPanel's online file manager editor thing.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Yeah, SCRIPT_URI is no longer available - but I just changed the code to not use it though. Everything else seems ok.

Oh yeah and mb_split is missing, fixed TCancer and the Codex to not use that either.

OK, I'll let you know when we're back on the "old" configuration.

mbstring will be making a comeback, I have no idea why they removed it.

DarkUnderlord There appears to be a strange min width on the main page now. If the horizontal is roughly less than 1500 px wide, I get a scroll bar instead of the middle area resizing. I don't think it used to be this way. Or I guess it could be because of the Expeditions Review banner.

Oh, and also, the GOG, Donate banner section is misaligned in the forum view compared to the home page.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom