Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hotline Miami or I am in awe.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Outside of some bugs, and I did have the game crash extremely hard awhile ago, my main issue remains the intense, colorful visual style. I just have to like... decompress after I play the game for a bit.

Peter

Arcane
Outside of some bugs, and I did have the game crash extremely hard awhile ago, my main issue remains the intense, colorful visual style. I just have to like... decompress after I play the game for a bit.

The way you put it doesn't make it sound like much of a negative. I think you're feeling exactly the way the devs wanted you to feel.

Peter

Arcane
Yeah, I'm actually pleasantly surprised by how mild the visual effects are in the game, seeing as it's cactus.

Multi-headed Cow

Wasn't all worked up for this game until I listened to the soundtrack. Now I wants it.

Destroid

Arcane
Well, finished up and.. I have no idea what's going on. All I know is the killing feels boss, I really dig the cleaver levels at the end.

He really missed a monetisation opportunity though, he could have been selling these hats for $1 apiece!

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity

This is one of the reasons I like the game. Full-on visual attack! How the world tilts left and right is just great, and the pulsating colors make me think of old demos..

So what did these devs do prior to this? Those are two Swedish guys, right?

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Played open almost all masks by now. Prolly missed one somewhere. Also opened up all the achievements I wanted to get (ie mostly secret objective stuff) and got the real ending. Which sucks and is further proof that something is cooler as long as it is not explained.

Do hope for a level editor and shitloads of fan content. I'm digging this. In fact, I'm digging this way too much.

moraes

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Wait, this game is by Cactus of Clean Asia and Mondo Medicals fame? Thought I recognized the style on some screenshots...

Buying nao!

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Game refuses to start for me, when it does start, there is no music and it crashes randomly. :(

MaskedMan

very cool
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Thank you for purchasing from Get Games!
We hope you've had fun dissecting gangsters with katanas to some awesome music in Hotline Miami.
If so, we have good news. Our exclusive EXPOsed level has arrived!
You can download it from here:(Internet Explorer users will need to Right Click and select 'Save Target As') Get EXPOsed!
Installation Instructions
  1. Go to your Hotline Miami installation folder. Start > Computer > Local Disk C > Program Files > Steam > steamapps > common > hotline_miami
  2. Once there, just place the exposed.lvl file into the folder.
  3. Done! Now go play the level!
  4. If you need any help with the process please contact our 'Orders team'
Note that you will have to complete the game before you can play the level. It will show up under the Chapters menu.
Exclusive preorder bonuses are for fags. :codexisfor:

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I just picked the game up for $5 in the Steam sale.

This game is awesome, but I'm kind of dizzy after playing for three hours straight. I'm not prone to motion sickness or anything, so this is weird.

Multi-headed Cow

But Hotline Miami 1 is an unplayably crashy mess on my machine. I demand satisfaction!

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Sequel already? This will be in an indie bundle within six months.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom