Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Hyperdimension Neptunia on Steam

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
The first Neptunia thing is now on Steam, and will be released in next week.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/282900/

Check back here for the game's launch on Wednesday, 1/28! Re;Birth1 will be available for the first week at 50% off!

Key Features
  • Previously only available on consoles, now you can immerse yourself in the zany JRPG madness of the Hyperdimension Neptunia series for the first time on PC!
  • Major graphical updates let you savor the true power of these Goddesses in 1080p!
  • Battle with up to 3 characters on the field, with 3 more as support. Use them to perform special attacks, or swap them out at any time!
  • Use "Plans" to customize the game - change up enemy difficulty, dungeon treasures, and more!
  • Craft unique equipment imbued with one or more abilities!

Clearly, and fortunately, this is not what Ghostlight is up to.

Publisher: Idea Factory International, Inc.

Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It's Nep Nep Time

2lGIJxT.jpg

Mz291tO.jpg

:desu: NIPPON DAI ICHI, DESU:desu:

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Bought it.
:desu:

I don't think I'll be playing this particular game anytime soon, but I hope it sells well enough for even more JRPG devs to start considering PC/Steam a viable platform.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I can't even find a decent screenshot on what is the game about, except there's a lot of

moe, ...I guess
on them

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
From what I've read about it, it seems to have some interesting gameplay systems in it. However, it also seems to be universally panned as awful shit, even among weeaboos.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I can't even find a decent screenshot on what is the game about, except there's a lot of

moe, ...I guess
on them

From what I understand there are 4 main Goddesses who represent consoles. Essentially the main characters are PS3, Xbox, Wii and Sega. It's sorta a parody of the whole console war thing, buried deep beneath all the fan service and pandering.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
oh. meta.
anime.
decensor patch?

Avellion

Erudite

moe, ...I guess
on them

From what I understand there are 4 main Goddesses who represent consoles. Essentially the main characters are PS3, Xbox, Wii and Sega. It's sorta a parody of the whole console war thing, buried deep beneath all the fan service and pandering.
Can the PS3 girl be used as a grill?
Can the Wii girl use nunchucks?
Can the XBOX girl have any moves related to RRoD?

Amn Nom

Learned
I want to buy these to support JRPG developers putting their games on Steam, but all that fan service... Yeah, I'll just wait until Trails in the Sky SC/Corpse Party/Ys 6 (notice a pattern?) pops up.

I'd say I get pissed off with obvious moe pandering in my anime, because it's "common" and there's not much else, but I'm on board with it in my jRPGs because it's different from the norm.

...the success of IF/CH/NIS games might change that attitude, though.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I haven't played it yet, personally. It's a turn-based RPG though and I hear the systems are fairly interesting? Awful art style and fanservice aside.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
There still isn't an ETA for Fairy Fencer F though, or did I miss something?

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So, is the game actually cool or you guys just play it for the lulz? (which is cool too)
I played a bit. It's okayish. All that console and JRPG-related jokes are funny. Can't say much about the game systems cause I played only for a couple of hours, but hey, it's at least turn-based:incline:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom