Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ignoring user posts but not his/her threads.

zwanzig_zwoelf

I used to be against ignoring but then I ignored dnf and now my Codex experience has improved at least 27 %.

:greatjob:

Strangely, dnf is fine by me.
Anyhoo, if you leave only 'kewl' people, you will get lost in a popamole awesomeland, where is no contrast left.
I suggest to Watchwitz anyone who has more than 100 of users on ignore list.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
I used to be against ignoring but then I ignored dnf and now my Codex experience has improved at least 27 %.

Anyhoo, if you leave only 'kewl' people, you will get lost in a popamole awesomeland, where is no contrast left.

Every single poster on the Codex has, at one point in their existence, made a valid or insightful post.

If I had them on ignore, I would have missed said post. Therefore, I don't ignore because even "bad" people can have useful information, experiences, or knowledge.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Every single poster on the Codex has, at one point in their existence, made a valid or insightful post.
If I had them on ignore, I would have missed said post. Therefore, I don't ignore because even "bad" people can have useful information, experiences, or knowledge.

Or provide some entertainment.
But it's quite suprising that people on the internet forum for mature people fail to work out their issues and just continue playing that 'I don't wanna talk to ya' game like 6-years old.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
The real WTF is RK47's ignore list

RK47 is Ignoring...
# Username Posts
1 Crispy
2 gaudaost
3 Guido Fawkes
4 Infinitron
5 J_C
6 Reapa
7 Vault Dweller

:eek:
Really? I mean I'm anti-ignore myself, but I can think of pretty straightforward reasons why he might have chosen to ignore that list.

DragoFireheart

The real WTF is RK47's ignore list

RK47 is Ignoring...
# Username Posts
1 Crispy
2 gaudaost
3 Guido Fawkes
4 Infinitron
5 J_C
6 Reapa
7 Vault Dweller

:eek:
Really? I mean I'm anti-ignore myself, but I can think of pretty straightforward reasons why he might have chosen to ignore that list.

Vault Dweller being on that list is questionable. However, gaudaost is also on the list so it's not entirely shit. Not sure why Crispy is on the list: he's one of the more amusing posters.

There's also that loser Infinitron... oh I see now!

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron

There are more posts made on the codex in a day than a reasonable man can expect to read. By putting posters who consistently post low quality posts, you increase the odds that you will have time to see the valid or insightful posts made by other posters.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Ignore user posts but not his posts. How about that? Since everyone uses "show ignore content" Awesome button anyway, i sugest you rename ignore list to butthurt list.

DragoFireheart

There are more posts made on the codex in a day than a reasonable man can expect to read. By putting posters who consistently post low quality posts, you increase the odds that you will have time to see the valid or insightful posts made by other posters.

Scrolling past bad posts is difficult.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron

Scrolling past bad posts is difficult.
It's not,but ignoring is even easier. How do you decide if a post is bad or not without reading it?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
IMO, the only people who should be ignored are chronic thread derailers, because the more people who ignore them, the less chance there is of them successfully derailing a thread. I don't really get the people who ignore somebody like Andhaira who usually just posts some obvious nonsense and moves on.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Linden, I understand putting somebody like dnf on ignore because he is simple and writes nothing of real interest. But in doing so you missed out on reading about him sniffing his dog's dick. Which, if we're going by Drago's theory, is dnf's one truly "valid" post.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Linden, I understand putting somebody like dnf on ignore because he is simple and writes nothing of real interest. But in doing so you missed out on reading about him sniffing his dog's dick. Which, if we're going by Drago's theory, is dnf's one truly "valid" post.

:lol:

ColCol

Arcane

Why do you keep bringing this up. I think Dnf's post means a little more to you than just comedy value. It gives you a sick sexual thrill. doesn't it? doesn't it!? You sick fuck!.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter

Why do you keep bringing this up. I think Dnf's post means a little more to you than just comedy value. It gives you a sick sexual thrill. doesn't it? doesn't it!? You sick fuck!.
Of course it does. :butthurt: is stwong in Twinkie

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I used to ignore Skyway, but than he made a glorious Thiaf thread, and I had to unignore him to see that thread. Now I only have that retarded Branm on ignore. Oh and Absalom, although I don't know who the fuck he is. I had a few people on ignore for a few days, but I changed my mind after a few days, thinking that they are not that bad guys.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
To this topic i only have one thing to say.

Forgiveness is for idiots.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom