Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Improving Skyrim / Recommended Mods thread (Mostly about Requiem)

mastroego

Arcane
I take it she teaches Vanilla Skyrim?

Nael

Arcane
  • Take class on the downfall of America using Skyrim as mythological backdrop concerning Stormcloaks vs Empire being allegorical to United States vs Great Britain (or something?)
  • Play Skyrim
  • Skip the Stormcloak vs Empire war altogether
  • Kill Big Bad Dragon
  • Come to conclusion that I need to kill Big Bad Dragon to win America: The RPG.
  • Fail at class but still win at Skyrim
  • ???
  • Massive student loan debt

Alternate version:
  • Take class on the downfall of America using Skyrim as mythological backdrop concerning Stormcloaks vs Empire being allegorical to United States vs Great Britain (or something?)
  • Play Skyrim
  • Skip the Stormcloak vs Empire war altogether
  • Download nudity mods
  • Come to conclusion that anthropomorphous naked lizard and cat women are "a thing."
  • Go insane
  • ???
  • Move into Mom's basement

Gord

Arcane
Did fucking Requiem boost Draugr in the latest version?

Granted, I have been playing a Mage before, but with my fighter (level 9/heavy/1h-maces), I can hardly scratch them. I switched to swords, too, in case they are immune to maces, but that doesn't seem to change much.
In principle that wouldn't be that much of an issue, but fucking Draugr are used in every other quest, including low-level main and faction quests.
So it seems I need to grind bandits and animals for another 10 levels or so until I can dare to do any meaningful quests* in the game.
Interestingly, my Extra damage to undead bow doesn't seem to work against Draugr either.
Fuck Requiem.

* I'm trying to do the 2nd Legion quest - Find the Crown in the old ruin. First quest was fine (bandits). First stage of 2nd quest as well (Stormcloaks). And then comes a room full with fucking Draugr that just slaughter everything in sight. Great progression, Requiem!

Last edited:

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Indeed. Somehow he missed to add low level content after making practically everything high level.
Still:
:shunthenonbeliever::popamole:

You're a fag.
:troll:

Requiem players don't really care about quests and all the Bethestard story content anyway, this mod is about grinding your way to the top and feeling awesome afterwards.
Also you can't spell fun without :rage:

You know what's even worse than Requiem?
Nexus Mod Manager.

I just gave Mod Organizer a try. Holy crap, this is so much much better. Maybe a bit more complicated but the way it checks for conflicts and suggests solutions and also that you don't have to reinstall everything that overwrites a mod you updated, that alone puts it light years ahead.

Utgard-Loki

Arcane

Granted, I have been playing a Mage before, but with my fighter (level 9/heavy/1h-maces), I can hardly scratch them. I switched to swords, too, in case they are immune to maces, but that doesn't seem to change much.
In principle that wouldn't be that much of an issue, but fucking Draugr are used in every other quest, including low-level main and faction quests.
So it seems I need to grind bandits and animals for another 10 levels or so until I can dare to do any meaningful quests* in the game.
Interestingly, my Extra damage to undead bow doesn't seem to work against Draugr either.
Fuck Requiem.
draugr don't give a fuck about arrows, bolts or most melee weapons that are not giant slabs of metal. try to get your hand on some fire enchantments.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
I just gave Mod Organizer a try. Holy crap, this is so much much better. Maybe a bit more complicated but the way it checks for conflicts and suggests solutions and also that you don't have to reinstall everything that overwrites a mod you updated, that alone puts it light years ahead.

Yeah, no one should use NMM anymore, there's just no excuse at this point.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Everyonone who played TES knows Dreugh needs magic weapons, or flaming weapons, or lightning weapons. Didn't you play Daggerfall, or Oblivion?

Gord

Arcane
You're a fag.
:troll:

Requiem players don't really care about quests and all the Bethestard story content anyway, this mod is about grinding your way to the top and feeling awesome afterwards.

Ja, du mich auch. ;)

There's enough low-level stuff in Requiem, but eventually you get fed up from bandits and animals...
Anyway, sometimes the retarded shit really outweighs the benefits of Requiem.
Yet again he completely neglects reasonable balance because hardcore and stuff. Most of the time it works fine, but if he anyway delevels Skyrim, he could at least have filled the early-quest dungeons with some low-level Draugrs (or significantly less high-level ones) instead of an army of shouting bringers of doom.

Whatever, I cheesed my way past them by a really retarded exploit.

Everyonone who played TES knows Dreugh needs magic weapons, or flaming weapons, or lightning weapons. Didn't you play Daggerfall, or Oblivion?

The thing is, my magic anti-undead bow has them pretty unimpressed.

Gord

Arcane
As far I know Dreugh are water Dreadra, not undead.

I'm not talking about those, I'm talking about Draugr, the special (and ubiquitous) undead from Skyrim. I thought you mispelled Draugr.

tred

Augur
Indeed, I think Draugr are significantly overpowered. The "realistic" part of combat in Requiem gets a little frustating with them.
I mean, a human with no armor goes down in one or two hits from a blade. It easily cuts his flesh. Ok.
A human without a helmet is dead with one arrow to the head. Ok. It pierces his skull, he is dead.
A heavily armored human burns to death with one or two fire spells. Ok, he becomes a living oven, burns from the inside out of his armor.
Now....I think a skeleton-like (Draugr) should at least get really hurt or lose a limb when hit hard with a heavy ebony mace. I barely scratch them. If I hit a heavily armored human the damage is much bigger (and it should be lower as Draugr have less armor).

Nael

Arcane
Indeed, I think Draugr are significantly overpowered. The "realistic" part of combat in Requiem gets a little frustating with them.
I mean, a human with no armor goes down in one or two hits from a blade. It easily cuts his flesh. Ok.
A human without a helmet is dead with one arrow to the head. Ok. It pierces his skull, he is dead.
A heavily armored human burns to death with one or two fire spells. Ok, he becomes a living oven, burns from the inside out of his armor.
Now....I think a skeleton-like (Draugr) should at least get really hurt or lose a limb when hit hard with a heavy ebony mace. I barely scratch them. If I hit a heavily armored human the damage is much bigger (and it should be lower as Draugr have less armor).

Use silver weapons.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Alright, I'm lazy I don't want to read 142 pages worth of forum text (I've read about... 10?) so I have just one simple question.

What mods do you guys recommend in conjunction with Requiem? Since Requiem is mostly a combat mod thing, I'm mostly looking for content mods that adds dungeons and the like, I don't really care for story at this point but if there's anything good I might try it. Or, is Requiem alright on it's own?

Thanks in advance.

tred

Augur
Alright, I'm lazy I don't want to read 142 pages worth of forum text (I've read about... 10?) so I have just one simple question.

What mods do you guys recommend in conjunction with Requiem? Since Requiem is mostly a combat mod thing, I'm mostly looking for content mods that adds dungeons and the like, I don't really care for story at this point but if there's anything good I might try it. Or, is Requiem alright on it's own?

Thanks in advance.

http://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimrequi...e_get_a_monster_best_mods_for_use_in_requiem/

tred

Augur

Use silver weapons.

thanks, I will.

Gord

Arcane
Will try to find some silver then, as well. So far I haven't come across any. Which smith is selling it?

Edit: Ok, I had thought that smiths in Requiem sell stuff according to the region (e.g. Silver in Markarth?), but I dunno, might be I mixed that up with SkyRe.
Anyway I found out that there's
a silver weapon hidden right at the entry of Bleak Falls Barrow. Time to bash some Draugr...

Last edited:

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong

Thanks in advance.

http://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimrequi...e_get_a_monster_best_mods_for_use_in_requiem/

A lot of these sound good, though there was no mention of any new dungeon types as far as I can see. Disappointing, but I'm sure all these other mods will make up for it.

Thanks for the link, tred.

DraQ

Arcane

Fuck Requiem.

* I'm trying to do the 2nd Legion quest - Find the Crown in the old ruin. First quest was fine (bandits). First stage of 2nd quest as well (Stormcloaks). And then comes a room full with fucking Draugr that just slaughter everything in sight. Great progression, Requiem!
Draugr are vulnerable to edged weapons (the logic behind it being that dismemberment has more effect on their functioning than just caving their chest or skull in and damaging nothing in particular because they're dead) and pretty much invulnerable to ordinary bolts and arrows (the logic behind it being that they don't do much structural damage and draugr have no blood circulation nor vital organs to pierce).
They are susceptible to fire (stereotypically), silver weapons (even silver arrows work against them) and anti-undead magic.

So basically - get (or make) a sword (or axe), preferably silver, preferably fire enchanted or turning - if not, get a spell or torch in your other hand and just kill the fuckers. If using ranged weapon necessarily get silver arrows or bolts.

Also, draugr are still pretty much the bottom of the heap - they have their undead resistances and immunities but they are slow and stupid (meaning it's easy to hit them without getting hit yourself). Unless you get swarmed by massed draugr (especially archers) or run into a rare high level one that Thu'ums you flat or ices your ass, they basically count as training dummies.

Only bandits and wolves are easier (and skeevers), and bandits are actually more deadly but much easier to kill.

Gord

Arcane
They are susceptible to fire (stereotypically), silver weapons (even silver arrows work against them) and anti-undead magic.

So basically - get (or make) a sword (or axe), preferably silver, preferably fire enchanted or turning - if not, get a spell or torch in your other hand and just kill the fuckers. If using ranged weapon necessarily get silver arrows or bolts.

Well, I had an anti-undead bow (undead up to level xx flee + 35 extra damage against undead) that didn't do anything for some reason - even when using silver arrows on top. No idea why, load order should be fine and I anyway don't use other mods that affect Draugr or weapons.
Unfortunately I had no silver weapons at the time. I had checked most smiths in the larger cities without luck and don't really intend to use smithing at the moment.
I managed to finish the quest basically by running to the next zone and exploiting that the Draugr didn't follow me while the Legion troops that I was supposed to follow did show up there.

Since then however I've found a silver Katana that was conveniently placed in Bleak Falls Barrows, which does work nicely against the Draugr.
Problem is that silver weapons seem to be quite rare, so unless you a) play a mage or b) get lucky or c) know where to look, Draugr are a real pain in the ass.

Bro, do you even fire rune?

Well, I had an anti-undead bow (undead up to level xx flee + 35 extra damage against undead) that didn't do anything for some reason - even when using silver arrows on top. No idea why, load order should be fine and I anyway don't use other mods that affect Draugr or weapons.

"Up to level X" effect literally means that. Doesn't work if the target is higher level.

Yeah, no one should use NMM anymore, there's just no excuse at this point.

I just use it out of habit, but as long as I don't go full retard and try to install 100 mods at once it's usable (I go full retard quite often though). There's an option to import your mods from NMM to MO but I tried it once and didn't seem to work.

Last edited:

Gord

Arcane
Bro, do you even fire rune?

"Up to level X" effect literally means that. Doesn't work if the target is higher level.

I'm playing a melee char, why would I use fire spells?

Checked the bow. It's up to level 35. I doubt that those draugr were level 35, not all of them anyway. If they were it's retarded since it's the location of the 2nd legion quest and there's no reason to put level 35+ enemies there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom