Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Inner Chains - potato horror FPS

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Reminds me of that surreal first person boxing game made in the Half-Life 2 engine - Zeno Clash.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Too busy being artsy than bothering about such inconsequential details.

Scenery does look nice though. Maybe if the game has something more to offer than just bad combat it might be worth a playthrough.

Last edited:

Bahamut

Arcane
Letme me guess, buch of artsy hipster faggots that want badly produce a game but dont have a good idea for creating an actuall good one

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Letme me guess, buch of artsy hipster faggots that want badly produce a game but dont have a good idea for creating an actuall good one

I wouldn't go that far. I mean the aesthetic alone doesn't exactly scream 'indy darling wannabe' , but it does seem odd that in the first gameplay trailer they make a point of saying it's an action game, not a walking sim, but then seeming to make gunplay such a minor priority

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Unlike artsy indie types, the art department of this game has actual talent. This doesn't discount the idea this game was made purely by artists with gameplay as an afterthought.

If i remember there's two more games of this type being made i wonder if they are all going to turn out the same.

BTW, sounds are either bugged or they fucked up those too, and intro is narrated by dev:

Why do i get the feeling this game was rushed ahead of time?

Last edited:

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
http://steamcommunity.com/games/537430/announcements/detail/1271550628460805379

After a few days of intensive work, we are ready to introduce the first patch for Inner Chains. We have listened to all the feedback from you and tried to fix as much as possible in this first update. It doesn't mean we're finished – we will continue working on improvements and definitely want to hear more of your feedback so please do not hesitate to share your suggestions or issues with us.

If Steam doesn't start the update automatically, please make sure to restart the application.

The improvements are:

Graphics

-V-Sync ON/OFF settings added.
-Antialiasing ON/OFF settings added.
-Motion blur ON/OFF settings added.
-Grain ON/OFF settings added.
-Chromatic aberration ON/OFF settings added.
-Medium graphics settings preset added.

Sound

-New sound effects added.

Controls

-Camera sensitivity settings added for mouse and gamepad.
-Camera invert settings added for mouse and gamepad.

Gameplay

-Melee tutorial added in Chapter II.
-Zombie speed movement is increased by 20% now.
-Enemies' reaction range is now increased.
-Enemies are now paralyzed for a shorter time period after being hit by electro gun.
-Electro gun now needs less time until you can shoot it again.
-The Boss fight now starts automatically after some time if the player doesn't attack.
-The Boss fight cannot be avoided anymore but it is slightly easier.

Various

-You can now skip the Intro.

We are currently working on the option to disable head bob and menu localizations - you can expect those changes soon as really small updates to the game being downloaded by Steam.

Next big patches will bring more gameplay changes and AI improvements but we need some time to prepare those. Telepaths' Tree is a small studio with less than 10 people on deck and we are working constantly to make Inner Chains better - all we need from you is a little more patience. And a smile!
steamhappy

By the way - all saves should work with the newest version of the game. If they don't, restart the current chapter or send us your save file and we will repair it for you.

Spukrian

Savant
So I played this awhile back.

The setting is fantastic and beautiful. I would've liked to know more background lore about it, but all ingame texts are in different alphabet and you have to find letters in order to "translate". Some of these letter are hidden in secrets, I didn't find all of them. I assume the ones I found carry over if I replay the game, but I don't feel like playing this game again. The story is indeed minimalistic. Too minimalistic for me, unfortunately. The game didn't really get me motivated to continue, but I finished it anyway cause I'm stubborn and it's short.

There aren't any puzzles in this game, unless you count finding the right switch to progress as a puzzle. I feel like having puzzles would've made the game better.

The combat is not bad and sufficiently difficult. You have three weapons and a melee attack. The idea is to use the right weapon for the right situation and to use environmental hazards to your advantage, which is good but the game straight up tells you which enemy is vulnerable to what weapon. The environmental hazards are taken straight from Half-Life, there is thing on the ceiling with a ballsack-shaped tongue that essentially is a barnacle and there are two types of trees that slap you when you get close, like the tentacle trees in Xen.

The problem is that I feel that the levels are abit too small and linear for this kind of gameplay. There are some levels that have alternate routes but I wanted more of that.

Overall not a terrible game, just lacking in a lot of areas.

lightbane

Arcane
How does this compare to say Scorn? I know they have diferent budgets and game philosophies, but I'm curious as both are edgy shooters.

Spukrian

Savant
I've played a bit of Scorn and it has actual puzzles. There is less combat as well and you can avoid most of it. That said, I haven't gotten far but I'm enjoying Scorn more.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom