Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is There Any Chance to Bring Movie Avatars in to the Codex?

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
What, all the members against custom avatars because it's not classy enough don't count?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
What, all the members against custom avatars because it's not classy enough don't count?

Who are "all the members"? I'm very much against custom avatars, but it's got shit to do with class. I think it's more suitable for a PC-dedicated gaming forum's theme that everyone has game-avatars.

I see nothing wrong with limiting the GD-shit as much as possible without harming the forum's lack of post-moderation, and most custom avatars are just nazi-symbols, chicks and other retarded shit.

Weasel
most custom avatars are just nazi-symbols, chicks and other retarded shit.

5.jpg

:cool:

Damned Registrations

I'm not against mixed race marriage because I hate niggers, I just think it's more suitable that they marry their own race.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
most custom avatars are just nazi-symbols, chicks and other retarded shit.

5.jpg

:cool:

Well, QED, really :M

I'm not against mixed race marriage because I hate niggers, I just think it's more appropriate that they marry their own race.

That may just be the most stupid analogy I've ever read on this site.

Let me counter it with the same retardation: say I like my prostitutes with big-ass tits and too much make-up instead of silk dresses. Would that also be a question of me claiming my desires relating to prostitutes are "classy?" :lol:

Aesthetic preference ≠ claims of classyness. It's a pretty fucking simple notion, shouldn't be too difficult to grasp, even for the most edgy amongst us.

Damned Registrations

You have an aesthetic preference for 'video games'? That makes no sense. Look at the two avatars above mine and tell me what they have in common, aesthetically.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
You have an aesthetic preference for 'video games'? That makes no sense. Look at the two avatars above mine and tell me what they have in common, aesthetically.

I like looking on gaming avatars on a PC-game forum. Not everyone's idea of beautiful tits or pretentious historic references.

Jesus, how hard is this concept to grasp, lol. Nono, I'm sure you're right. In reality I think that this:

:d1p:

is just a icon of our classyness! In fact DU has yet to look at the memo I passed him concerning the illegimate use of "prestigious magazine" in an ironic fashion!

Damned Registrations

That would make sense, if not for the fact that there are so many games in the pool at this point that more than half the time you've no idea what game an avatar is from, and wouldn't even know it was from a game without having that knowledge beforehand.

Which glorious game is this from again?
9110.jpg

How about this one?
15761.jpg

Oh wait that's actually the cover of a novel published in 1988.

BRB, putting together a collection of Night Trap avatars so we can all be girls at a slumber party.

nighttrap1.jpg

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I'm not challenging your right to disagree or that the current gallery has minor issues, I'm challenging the pants-on-head-retarded notion that just because someone is against custom avatars that someone must think that the Codex is "classy".

Damned Registrations

So you're fighting a strawman then? Because I never said everyone against custom avatars had that reason.

I'd have no problem with a gallery settup if it was limited to say, PC games from 85-90 or something, so there'd be some level of coherence. But if you're going to include everything from chunky 3D models to hand drawn portraits to pixellated, garishly coloured monsters or photographs, I don't see the point of having a gallery.

Damned Registrations

Maybe I should just do a bundle of Mega Drive avatars. There's some real gems in there.

X18dITk.png

I'm glad Grunker likes looking at an avatar like this.

Damned Registrations

It's hilarious how badly that brand has been mismanaged. You'd think after two incredibly terrible movies, they'd maybe give a flying fuck about who they were giving the rights to for what is probably the biggest advertisement DnD has gotten, ever.

Err, wait, I mean, clearly they know what they're doing. Nobody gets to make decisions like that when they're a fucking retard. That'd be a failure of the invisible hand. By having the movies turn out terribly, they've kept DnD safely out of the media spotlight so it can't be demonized again.

Damned Registrations

Uh, yeah, where do you think the idea for the game came from?
AzureBondsReprintCover.jpg

Edit; maybe I'm going about this the wrong way. Instead of getting avatars from all sorts of games, clearly it'd be more efficient to just grab it all from one game that steals the sprites from other games.
Kraid-1.bmp

This seems like a high quality candidate.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom