Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is There Any Chance to Bring Movie Avatars in to the Codex?

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
That would make sense, if not for the fact that there are so many games in the pool at this point that more than half the time you've no idea what game an avatar is from, and wouldn't even know it was from a game without having that knowledge beforehand.

Which glorious game is this from again?
9110.jpg

How about this one?
15761.jpg

Well, if you don't a recognize an avatar from Ultima or from the cover(!) of a Gold Box game, that is really not someone else's problem right?

U6_Woof.png

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I never played all the Ultimas, what a sin. You're telling me you recognize every fucking avatar in the gallery?

And I read Azure Bonds before I ever had a computer, let alone started seriously playing crpgs. Of course I knew it was from the goldbox game, they all ripped off novels I read (excepting Buck Rogers and one of the Pools games, I think the fourth) my point is that the artwork wasn't originally for a game, and if you like art from the cover of a novel just because it got put on the cover of a game, it's not an aesthetic value at all, you're just being an asshat trying to exclude some of the shit you didn't use yourself, especially if you can't even name the game it's from anyways, which nobody in this thread could for that dog until the guy who uses it showed up. If the cover of Azure Bonds is a great avatar, why not the cover of it's sequel? Why not all the other covers of FR books? Or at least all the other art done by that artist. It's not about the quality, since it's the same shit. And it's not about being from a game, because you don't even know if it's from a game or not.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If only videogame avatars are allowed, then it would make perfect sense to also restrict usernames and sub-forums to just videogame related stuff.

hello friend

Arcane
That would make sense, if not for the fact that there are so many games in the pool at this point that more than half the time you've no idea what game an avatar is from, and wouldn't even know it was from a game without having that knowledge beforehand.

Which glorious game is this from again?
9110.jpg

How about this one?
15761.jpg

Well, if you don't a recognize an avatar from Ultima or from the cover(!) of a Gold Box game, that is really not someone else's problem right?

U6_Woof.png
That is for someone else to decide.

baturinsky

Arcane
Self-Ejected

ScottishMartialArts

Self-Ejected
Uh, yeah, where do you think the idea for the game came from?
AzureBondsReprintCover.jpg

You've got it backwards. The Goldbox FR games were the source material for several table top modules, which were in turn novelized.

edit: Turns out you were right: while FRC1 Ruins of Adventure was a table top version of SSI's Pool of Radiance, and the Pool of Radiance novel was derived from that module, Azure Bonds was what TSR described as their "first triple-play release".

FRC2 Intro said:
The
adventure book you hold in your hands
is based on the novel Azure Bonds, by
Kate Novak and Jeff Grubb, and set in
the sprawling FORGOTTEN REALMS™
campaign setting. This adventure is also
tied directly to the Curse of the Azure
Bonds Computer Game, produced by
Strategic Simulations, Inc., under
license with TSR, Inc.
The result is the first “triple-play” story
in TSR’s history—a novel forming the
basis for a role-playing adventure
(something we have gotten very good at
over the years) and a computer adventure
game. The computer game and the
role-playing adventure are closely tied
but do not mimic one another—each
has been designed for maximum enjoyment
in its element.

Last edited:
What, all the members against custom avatars because it's not classy enough don't count?

Who are "all the members"? I'm very much against custom avatars, but it's got shit to do with class. I think it's more suitable for a PC-dedicated gaming forum's theme that everyone has game-avatars.

I see nothing wrong with limiting the GD-shit as much as possible without harming the forum's lack of post-moderation, and most custom avatars are just nazi-symbols, chicks and other retarded shit.

Wouldn't it be simpler then to allow custom avatars but change the few that abuse it with "GD shit"? That's less limiting than giving users a gallery of "acceptable" avatars.

(in before my jRPG one is changed to
banned.gif
)

113px-0,113,0,128-Andrea.GIF

Here's the classy prostitute you guys were talking about, I thought it was hypothetical.

Last edited:

pippin

Cesare is like :prosper: irl

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom