Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Six Ages: Ride Like the Wind - King of Dragon Pass spiritual successor

Eirikur

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
New micro update possibly hints at some things that will want to eat you. :D

http://sixages.com/blog/index.php/2016/04/header-runes/

I've deciphered it.

Deciphered.jpg

Got bored and left

Defending your peace-loving pure-blooded clan against hordes of Aryan-eating Jews? Just imagine the free publicity!

Got bored and left

Oh, I have no doubt it'd be an instant hit here on the KKKodex.

Last edited by a moderator:

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer

Shaewaroz

Arcane
Patron
In a hobo shack due to betting on neanderthal
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Merlkir, could you do me a favor? Could you put some kind of reference to Robert Holdstock into one of your concept pieces that will appear in Six Ages? I have been writing an academic paper about his novels and since his works approach archaic worldviews in a very similar way to how Greg Stafford approaches world building in Glorantha, I think adding a small tribute to Rob would be both appropriate and a nice thing to do. Maybe you could use some of the illustration work used in Holdstock's novels as source of inspiration for a particular scene in Six Ages? The illustrations typically feature ancient forests, something very similar to Caspar David Friedrich's paintings. Another typical topic are archaic masks, very similar to tribal masks often portrayed in Gloranthan setting.

15c5476b373e5d6919082ff5057d0183_zpsx59z8ttb.jpg

51VGShsfTkL._SX323_BO1204203200__zpsmjxptdph.jpg

220px-Lavondyss-uk-medium_zpsatxboswx.jpg

Or maybe Robert's appearance could be added as one of the faces appearing in the Clan Ring?

auteurs-robert-holdstock_zps568iwald.jpg

Maybe just minus the glasses?

I happen to know the wife of Robert who is also responsible for all the publications of Robert's works - I'm sure she would be thrilled if Rob would receive such small but thoughtful tribute. Maybe you could even get to illustrate future editions of Robert's books - they're released and rereleased all over the world all the time. For instance there's going to be a new edition of The Hollowing released in Czech later this year, I know since I got access to Garry Kilworth's forewords for that edition prior to release. Heck, there are even talks about a movie adaptation based on The Ryhope Wood books. You never know - all we can do is to be open when opportunities present themselves.

I'd also really appreciate this. Although I never had the chance to meet Robert, it feels like he has become a friend to me over the years of reading and studying his works.

Last edited:

Shaewaroz

Arcane
Patron
In a hobo shack due to betting on neanderthal
I'm very into cock and ball torture
See what you can come up with. And make sure to contact the wife if you decide to do something, I can give you her email. She's very nice and helpful. It'd also be a good way to get all Holdstock fans excited about Six Ages since Sarah will definitely post your art piece to Holdstock's facebook page, official website and whatnot.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Yea, KotDP was awesome and this should be more of the same greatness. High hopes for this one.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Maybe don't? I'm constantly stressed about people expecting too much and being disappointed, because the game is different from what they imagined.
Do stuff, forget about SA for at least a few more months. There will be time to get excited closer to release, when we start showing the game off.

(edit: Of course we're happy people are looking forward to the game! Just as it is now, there's not much to be hyped about, since we haven't shown anything yet.)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom