Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

cepheiden

Educated
'' In real life historical fencing you train really hard to be lightning fast''.

Finally someone in the entertainment industry who understands weapons martial arts. Someone should tell all these clueless morons who still instruct actors to reach for the iron and do stupid spin move, like game of thrones or those who make video games cinematic.

No you understood the guy wrongly.
In reality you got to be fast.
Then in the next sentence he says that in a game all moves need to be wide and telegraphed etc. in order for the player to have time to react.
So the game will have all the things you hate.

For a good reason though, as they realised that a game needs to have gameplay and control rather than realism, as opposed to games that fucked it up, like mountain blade.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
It's funny how many words they said on combat, how they studied history and blah blah
But ended up with identical to Warband system https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vZ-lt9_pek
They basically just added 2 more attack directions, and some special movements, that all together looks clunkier( but sure it's only alpha) compared to Warband.
No, it's much more sophisticated than Warband and it looks like they are using some real moves. Also, note how they are in specific stances.

Prehistorik

Scholar
As somebody who played M&B quite a lot in both single and multi I accuse you for being noob.

Agree.

No, it's much more sophisticated than Warband and it looks like they are using some real moves. Also, note how they are in specific stances.

Ye, I've noticed those, but it looks like they are just a wrap. The core is identical - choose the direction of attack/block. Consolized stuff like locked target and c-c-combos don't look like a step up to realism. Although I'm not sure about the block from videos, it might be that you don't even need to choose the direction, just use stamina.

But honestly I don't even care about this game.

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
Definitely decline. At least they could leave option to pick direction(animations aren't as straightforward as they are in Warband, so for first few hours it would be helpful).

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
CUNVCKrW4AAyD4Z.jpg:large

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
New alpha is out.

New features include:

• Crime system: Stealing or attacking people will have consequences, the population will behave accordingly. If you are seen committing a crime, multiple options are available, from negotiating your way out, going to jail or even resisting the arrest by fighting against the authorities.
  • Multiple enemies: Fighting will get even more dangerous and challenging, thanks to new AI improvements. Every opponent has now different skills and equipment. Combat feels even more realistic and deadlier.
  • Adaptive soundtrack: Addition of new proprietary sound technology adapting the soundtrack's mood based on player's actions. For instance, the game's symphonic music goes from peaceful to agitated when the player is under attack and is modifying itself depending on player's performance. The system handles all kind of situations based on actions and environments, such as exploration, theft, danger, etc.
  • RPG and survival elements: Characters, now needs to eat and sleep in order to stay healthy and survive. New horse inventory will help carry more supplies.
  • Technology upgrades and fixes: Implementation of Global illumination - a new CryEngine lighting technology improving lighting and shadows to improve the world's realism, combat and horse controls/animations improved, new dialog animations and cameras, complete GUI (graphical user interface) overhaul

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I checked it out and your horse has a shitton of stats including charisma lol.

The leveling is inspired by TES. Ok it's exactly like TES, in that the more you do something the better you get at it. Skills are a bit limited so far tho, just Sword, Bow, Horse Whispering, Fencing, Lockpicking, Alchemy, Defense and Herbalism. No perks or traits or star signs etc. That's what you get when you do away with magic I guess. But there's an inaccessible Crafting tab in the menu so I assume we'll get more skills related to crafting, in the very least.

Seems stealth will be a big part of the game. You got three different stealth stats - Visibility, Conspicuousness and Noise. Hmm.

Rest and food are going down fast, I hope resting and eating is not gonna turn into a chore, especially if they include tresholds affecting your skills or combat effectiveness.

Didn't test the new crime or fighting systems, in all honesty the interaction with NPCs is still extremelly janky and offputting. And I'm still extremelly unsure if I'm gonna be ok with that byzantine combat. So far my dominant thought is: I'm too old for this fiddly shit.

Not sure what the new experimental lightning system entails. Does it include the dynamic shadows you can see in the evening around campfires or was already a part of the previous alphas? If it's new than all I can say it seems more distracting than anything tbh. Even with Very High settings the dancing shadows look jaggy and weird.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I checked it out and your horse has a shitton of stats including charisma lol.

The leveling is inspired by TES. Ok it's exactly like TES, in that the more you do something the better you get at it. Skills are a bit limited so far tho, just Sword, Bow, Horse Whispering, Fencing, Lockpicking, Alchemy, Defense and Herbalism.

Inclusive romances confirmed?

image.jpg

mutonizer

Arcane
Patron
As somebody who played M&B quite a lot in both single and multi I accuse you for being noob.

As someone who trained a bit on dueling servers with some insane dudes and seen expert players go at each others, I agree with you. The shit you can do combat wise in M&B, while seemingly very basic, can get so crazy, so fast and yet precise, it's a thing of beauty.
It takes dozens if not hundreds of hours of "proper" training (as in, not just playing M&B for hundreds of hours, but actually training properly) to master though.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Wait, doesn't Deliverance have that 'parry from all directions with a shield' and 'you will parry in the right direction with your weapon if you parry right after the enemy attacks' parry system?

ArchAngel

Arcane
Fallout 4 is going to look a like a bad joke compared to this game. Witcher 3 will probably look like a bad joke as well.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Wait, doesn't Deliverance have that 'parry from all directions with a shield' and 'you will parry in the right direction with your weapon if you parry right after the enemy attacks' parry system?

Dude, if with all the shit you have to worry about in the combat you had to worry about the direction of parrying too this game would be bought and played by exactly 8 people in the whole world. Don't be silly.

Perkel

Arcane
Fallout 4 is going to look a like a bad joke compared to this game. Witcher 3 will probably look like a bad joke as well.

I don't want to be that man but we don't know jack shit about game. We only saw some random AI behavior, some vistas and work in progress combat model. Aside from that nothing and game is supposed to be in end phase of production...

Bannerlord 2 has more info already which says a lot about Deliverence.

deuxhero

Arcane
Did they ever say if they planned to have part 2/part 3 star the same main character? I intend to get the game, but the only thing I was really mehed about was the forced character/backstory (while The Nameless Hero was amusing, I still prefer a player avatar).

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Did they ever say if they planned to have part 2/part 3 star the same main character? I intend to get the game, but the only thing I was really mehed about was the forced character/backstory (while The Nameless Hero was amusing, I still prefer a player avatar).

At this point the story is pretty much the only aspect of the game we know almost nothing yet. No idea what are you mehed about.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

I don't want to be that man but we don't know jack shit about game. We only saw some random AI behavior, some vistas and work in progress combat model. Aside from that nothing and game is supposed to be in end phase of production...

Bannerlord 2 has more info already which says a lot about Deliverence.

Sounds like Star Citizen.

deuxhero

Arcane

At this point the story is pretty much the only aspect of the game we know almost nothing yet. No idea what are you mehed about.

I was disappointed by fixed player character instead of a player avatar but am otherwise enthusiastic about the game. I was wondering if part 2/3 were confirmed to use the protagonist from part 1 as I rarely follow games super close.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The quality is terrible. Did they stream directly on YT or is it transcoded from Twitch?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom