Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Larian subforum - Make it happen!

Do you want a Larian subforum? If yes, when do you want it?

• Yes, and I want it now!

Votes: 17 24.6%
  • No, D:OS was boring. Btw, any news about how Fallout 4 is shaping up? Can't wait!

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • While we're at it, can I have my own subforum please? They are all the rage right now. (kingcomrade)

Votes: 19 27.5%
  • No, subforums are for games by studios we don't give a fuck about. Larian doesn't deserve that fate.

Votes: 27 39.1%

• Total voters

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Havoc makes a compelling point.

Created a Larian subforum.

:troll:
this:
Anyway, if he's going to do it, I hope he dumps the Spiderweb subforum first. :M
+ add the titles of all games by each studio in the descriptions. (and reduce the nonsensical text if the description becomes too long).

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
There's simply no way to handle the sheer amount of crap posted these days without sub-forums. Otherwise Infinitron merges everything into singular threads which only a hard core collective read anyway. This way, the hard core collective have a whole forum to visit, and the rest of us who just casually give a crap from time to time can still follow what's happening.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
We still doing a fundraiser? It will be the 4th of September b4 I can donate the $250 I promised.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There's simply no way to handle the sheer amount of crap posted these days without sub-forums. Otherwise Infinitron merges everything into singular threads which only a hard core collective read anyway. This way, the hard core collective have a whole forum to visit, and the rest of us who just casually give a crap from time to time can still follow what's happening.

Even if that was true it wouldn't help, people tend to self-merge nowadays.

But anyway get rid of the Spiderweb one because nobody is using it

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
There's simply no way to handle the sheer amount of crap posted these days without sub-forums.

Glancing at one or two pages of GRPGD to see what is new is slower than going through individually SEVEN sub-forums PLUS GRPGD. Yeah, cool story bro.

The only time I check inXile or Obsidian threads those days is if they happen to be in the "Latest" -section. Didn't matter so far, because they had nothing interesting going on anyway.

But now you went too far. Primal forces of nature, Mr. Beale. Primal fucking forces.

HotSnack

Cipher
I didn't realise all these sub-forums existed until I read this thread.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Glancing at one or two pages of GRPGD to see what is new is slower than going through individually SEVEN sub-forums PLUS GRPGD. Yeah, cool story bro.

The only time I check inXile or Obsidian threads those days is if they happen to be in the "Latest" -section. Didn't matter so far, because they had nothing interesting going on anyway.
It depends on what you're doing. If you're following specific game news or a developer, you can check the relevant forum and easily find multiple topics on a game you might be interested in.

On the other hand, if you want consolidated listings, you've already got two features you can use:

Unfortunately limited to the last 200 posts for performance reasons.

- or -

Watched Forums: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?watched/forums
Not sure if that one's limited or not.

All of these combined with the "Ignore Forums" means you can basically setup whatever preference works best for you.

Where-as if we have everything in the one forum, you're kinda fucked at noticing anything - short of us adding a myriad of tag pre-fixes constantly for each and every game.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Yeah, now you can "watch" the Larian forum and get notifications on every Larian-related thread ever made (apart from news threads). That's much more convenient than before!

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Yeah, now you can "watch" the Larian forum and get notifications on every Larian-related thread ever made (apart from news threads). That's much more convenient than before!

So instead of simply clicking on GRPGD and checking if there is anything interesting, I can instead get automatic spam whenever Konjab makes a thread about pictures of cats in the subforum. Sounds really convenient!

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
Wait, we don't have a Larian subforum? I could swear we did.
smiley-confused004.gif

I didn't realise all these sub-forums existed until I read this thread.

How's the dog?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron

So you're saying the solution is to ban infinitron?

Zeriel

Arcane
Subforums were a mistake.

So the problem is Infinitron, then, not sub-forums. You know what to do.

Last edited:

pippin

I think subforums are a degenerate thing, but in the end they appeal to my obsessive compulsive tendencies.
But make this the last subforum to be created, please. Think of the children.

Zeriel

Arcane
Here's an idea: make the top forums sub-forums, and the sub-forums top forums.

News and Content would go under Obsidian, since it's primarily used to shill them anyway. General Gaming Discussion would of course be under Bioware, since they don't make RPGs any more. RPG Discussion would be under Larian, since they are the only RPG developer left. Codex Playground would be under Bethesda, since they make sexual playgrounds. General Discussion would be under CDProjekt, since they are both filled with polacks. Codex Workshop would go under InXile Entertainment, since no one on the Codex cares about either of them. If you feel obligated to use this inventive idea, DarkUnderlord there's no need to credit or thank me in any way, just know that you are doing the right thing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom