Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's solo Baldur's Gate 2 on Insane (feat. The Codex)

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Maybe some tor browsing action would be good for you? Also try some VPN shit, maybe they forgot to block some of them?

grosstraktor

Novice
well, you can still write updates at work and then post them, once at home. but we will sure pray for you.

I am very disappointed in you for wasting company time, money and bandwidth by slacking off on the 'dex and writing LPs. Very, very disappointed.

Oh crap, my boss is coming. Later.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I sure can. And the firewall is active - I've checked YT and it's blocked. It seems thast once again the Codex is too elusive for the filter and only lowly peasant sites are affected.

Or maybe some admin is a codexer and has added this site to the exception list.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
RPG Codex is not blocked by the new firewall. At least not the forums, because content on the main page is. :x
Dropbox, however, is blocked, so I'm not seeing my images. Not a huge problem, but still a pain in the ass. I will have to upload images to photobucket or some shit to write LPs, and then switch links to dropbox. Meh.

Let's hope it does not get worse.

grosstraktor

Novice
my company once decided to block social sites. we kept finding workarounds, so they decided that we were hopeless and eventually unblocked them.

ALchymist

Educated
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex USB, 2014
Often worth pinging the site and then connecting via the IP Address. Interesting how often it's just words like "game" that are blocked.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
I don't think that will help with dropbox.

But yeah, I've tried this approach to access some gaming sites before. It didn't work.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Yes. Proxy severs are blocked too (and constantly looking for new ones is too much hassle). I had some luck with google translate to read The Codex when it was blocked in summer 2011 (then it started working again in January 2012), and I've found some app which connected ie/firefox by proxy and it worked fine too. I used it in emergency situations only, though, as software is being monitored here too.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Well, that's the most money I've been offered for writing in my whole life. I guess there's still hope for my dream job someday. :roll:

Now we need 3999 more people like You and I can make LPs full time for a year. Than should be enough to post around 120 updates. The cost of one update would be $0.1 per backer. Not a bad deal at all, IMO.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
You have everything sorted out very well, it seems! I'd pitch in obviously. In fact you might want to post a paypal link in your sig :)

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Testing google drive.

edit

EDIT: Google Drive is shit. It is also blocked by the firewall, as it turns out. :x

ANOTHER EDIT: Yay, I can see linked photobucket images. But I can't access photobucket site itself. :facepalm:
Good thing I have saved links to all my accounts so I don't need to log in to generate links to images.

YET ANOTHER EDIT: Nope, photobucket is borked too. I can only access random images I've uploaded, like this one:

Baldr234_zps496457bc.jpg

Most of them show as broken links, though. It makes no sense.

Last edited:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
I'm not giving up yet, but I am also not looking forward to wasting hours to find some way to circumvent this problem.

EDIT: more testing.

i313a5mpde74f5ikjapz

^ not seeing this one.

SECOND EDIT:

codex_10.jpg

^ fuck, also doesn't work

THIRD EDIT:
codex_10.jpg

THERE IS HOPE!
Haha, apparently I can see the image above but You won't be able to. Can anyone confirm if that is the case?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom