Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Life is feudal

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
MMOs and open world games(where 'open world' translates to 'one big level with shit assets') are cancer of our times, kill it, kill it with fire.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
not even a month and already shitposting
you are the cancer of our times

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
It took around half-dozen of us one week to build this. The palisade took about 2 days, including terraforming for it and chopping down a lot of wood.
B03CB87768C0EF2199205A376349AB052C59A61C

a bridge on the starting island's lake

DBEE06C12DCF1B135EB55D585FD63CE28F8F2FDE

you can breed animals in this game, although this is probably the wrong approach

7F14AFE669DAB3856F2394065EA530A57B95382D

Norfleet

It took around half-dozen of us one week to build this. The palisade took about 2 days, including terraforming for it and chopping down a lot of wood.
I wonder how long it would take a half a dozen of me to build that. Vaarna would be familiar with my crazed building abilities. Once I get caught up in building something, it becomes a compulsive need because YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I would wager the only limit would be the absolute minimum timegate for finishing constructions.

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
Like all others MMOrpg it will be interesting and playable for me if i don't have my own family, job, friends, thousand other hoobies and many great games with stories and climate waiting to be played [first or .... time in the row].
All of that plus small ammount of time makes me say thank You for that kind of games at all ;). Other thing is i never put single $ at early access game after letdowns like "War of the Vikings", "DayZ", "Space Base", "Stomping Land", etc.
First finish your job, then ask for money. Like in real life. Kickstarter and every "pay before release " type of things are killing quality in modern games.
Already playing some mmocrpg at my college times, about 15 years ago but all climate and "feeling" was always destroyed by people who can't follow the lore or lack of fine quests/story at all, not to mention all serves will gone dead sooner or later and all buddies will go away for serious rl things so best thing for any crpg gamer is SINGLE PLAYER game, where you can save your gaming pleasure for years.
They could create game like that for single too, like Mount&Blade:Warband [it had some mods like great 1257 with some feautres like here] with feautres they are planning to add - creating, working, and crafting|building small medieval world plus some fights and huge replayable value will be great shot and great game! As long as it is only for multi , go to hell.

flabbyjack

Arcane
Darkfall can handle 1000 v 1000
Yeah but then all the 32-bit users crash and lose their gear. Also suffers from some technical issues in terms of networking code (If you drop even a single packet you'll be locked out for 20 minutes).

Physics engine is broken, but the dev team left it in as a 'feature', now if you know how to exploit you essentially get a rocket pack.

It's not a bug, it's a feature!

You can tell this guy is using scripts because he often passes up his prey but another 2-3 jumps instead of wailing on them from just behind with melee.

Just make sure you aim at your feet, release the spell, wait 0.2 sec, look straight up for 0.3 seconds, then look straight ahead. This is the best video I can find, but it gets far more ridiculous.

Last edited:

zeitgeist

Magister
So what's up with this game? Pages upon pages of Steam reviews say that it's just something that will be abandoned because it's meant to raise money for the MMO version of the same game. It also seems that the MMO version will have some sort of a cash shop too. Did I get something wrong here? It looks interesting from the videos but if all that is actually true I'd rather pass.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
So what's up with this game? Pages upon pages of Steam reviews say that it's just something that will be abandoned because it's meant to raise money for the MMO version of the same game. It also seems that the MMO version will have some sort of a cash shop too. Did I get something wrong here? It looks interesting from the videos but if all that is actually true I'd rather pass.

The MMO will just be the same game except hosted on official servers and on a larger scale (plus some exclusive features), you can still self-host smaller servers with the currently available version of the game. Buying the game now also entitles you to one character for the MMO, character slots will be how they're going to monetize it, I haven't heard of any cash shop or p2w.

Or that's the plan, anyway. I wouldn't touch it yet because EA + russian dev team sounds like a bad combo. Or worst combo, more like.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron

the current version only allows to create small servers, the final version will be a MMO.
You start on the noob island. If you want to move on to the main world, you pay to have your character brought to the main world.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
i stopped playing this after another wipe of all my stuff, how are things going? anyone still playing?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom