Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lords of the Fallen - Dark Souls clone from City Interactive

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So, witcher 2 is hardcore because ironman mode.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
So when will we see some gameplay?

And will this be open world?

Btw since you are working with Deck13, I wonder how were Venetica sales?

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Are beards coming back or something?
http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/07/lords-of-the-fallen-main-character-revealed/

Zu1O2qy.jpg

Indranys

Savant
Look bros we can't even have a protag with decent hair anymore. :lol:
This trend about macho badass male protagonist is getting ridiculous.
They should make the guy appearance customizable IMO.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
So. It's apparently Dark Souls meets Borderlands or something according interviews online. Come on guys, fresh out of E3 and not even a teaser video?

dZrJXZI.jpg

Tytus

Arcane
So. It's apparently Dark Souls meets Borderlands or something according interviews online. Come on guys, fresh out of E3 and not even a teaser video?

dZrJXZI.jpg

SYTzrRf.jpg

overlordarmoura1.jpg

Overlord, what are you doing? You don't belong in this game. Go back, to your game, now.

DeepOcean

Arcane
I really didn't liked the armor style , it's just overdesigned metal hulk style like in all other boring fantasy games.

TomGop

Literate
We're not ready with vids yet, sorry (working on it). Those comparison images you've shown have... astonished me good. :o

DeepOcean

Arcane
Hey guise, ever wonder that would be the result of fusing WoW and the Witcher 2:

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Is it just me or can you barely understand what the guy is saying? Never mind, got it now. It told me absolutely nothing.

Last edited:

DeepOcean

Arcane
Is it just me or can you barely understand what the guy is saying?
Yes, it could be that its part of the character religion to invoke a God with food in his mouth or the voice actor has some speech problem.

Paul_cz

Arcane
The gameplay looked too fast and easy, but I assume it is because it was played by Gop who knows the game well and had some good stats/equip.
But it looks potentially pretty great, I would like me some central european take on Dark Souls. This game + Witcher 3+ DAI, big budget RPGs this year look pretty good.

Ptosio

Arcane
So will it be an RPG or a slasher, after all? Because we were promised an RPG but right now it doesn't look very RPGish...:/

And I don't hold RPG Codex Standards for What's True RPG here. Bioware style would be enough, but please let it have well developed characters, dialogue system, story, meaningful C&C, compelling exploration and interaction with the world or else don't call it an RPG. There are some who would call every fantasy-setting game with leveling-up an action RPG, but for God's sake, it's not; Gothic is an action RPG.

Of course because it looks like slasher and we've only been shown and talked about combat it doesn't mean the other parts of the game are non-existent, so the question remains: what kind of a game LotF is?

If it indeed is an RPG then it looks interesting. It always made me wonder why we cannot really have action RPGs with some good arcade combat. In games like Dark Messiah or Assassin's Creed slashing the enemies gives me fun but the RPG elements are reduced to equipment/levelling-up making such games rather monotonous on the whole while in most of the core RPGs combat is pretty boring. Games that combine engrossing action combat with the RPG gameplay are the rarity so it'd be very promising to see the LotF take on that.

If it's set to be a slasher then I think it will be yet another CI bland and unoriginal budget game because the graphics and art direction already feel quite average and generic and I bet the combat system will be better executed in DS2 anyway:/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom