Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Lords of Xulima

Monkeyfinger

Cipher
The game took me 50-55 hours on old-school veteran. Did all quests, explored all maps fully. Only grinded a few areas, mostly at start.

this, but 63 hours

I_am_Ian

Arbiter
Patron
Anyone experience a bug with the Velegarn guards? I killed one and went to another who I could pay 1000 gold to bribe but I killed him instead and he reappeared after combat and initiated the same dialog again.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
He didnt re-appear,just another guard from another gate took his place. I.e. this changes nothing, since you want to kill all 3 guard anyway.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Is it important to go with different classes (synergies and what not) or can you go with something like 2x soldiers, 2x mages, 1x cleric?

roshan

Arcane
Is it important to go with different classes (synergies and what not) or can you go with something like 2x soldiers, 2x mages, 1x cleric?

Well the cleric is absolutely essential, and IMO so is the thief, unless you really like playing very dangerous minigames...

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA

It is better to do a full cast of characters, but the above party would work fine (Provided you understand how combat works). Personally I think for your first time playing do:

Gaulen (Axe), Paladin (Mace), Thief (Sword), Mage, Bard, Cleric.

imweasel

The game took me 50-55 hours on old-school veteran. Did all quests, explored all maps fully. Only grinded a few areas, mostly at start.
This, but in about 75 hours.

Nice game with a nice story, although writing is a bit weak. Combat could use some improvement and diversification, I used practically the same tactic to win every battle after mid-game. The game also feels really grindy, you are constantly battling trash mobs after about mid-game and every battle takes quite a few minutes to finish (even with double speed). As a comparision i'd say that MMX had better, faster and less grindy combat.

But overall my impression was good and I enjoyed the game. I bet we will see more from these guys in the future. :)

It is better to do a full cast of characters, but the above party would work fine (Provided you understand how combat works). Personally I think for your first time playing do:

Gaulen (Axe), Paladin (Mace), Thief (Sword), Mage, Bard, Cleric.
I played with the standard party (just because).

The bard is kind of shitty IMO so i'd replace him with a cleric (maybe a mage). Weapons that cause wounds or bleeding are also much more useful than stunning weapons (maces).

roshan

Arcane
I think stunning is also quite useful. It's wounding that seems to be completely useless.

Suicidal

Arcane
I think stunning is also quite useful. It's wounding that seems to be completely useless.

U wot m8? Wounding is an excellent way to quickly incapacitate powerful enemies that have too much HP to quickly kill and deal large amounts of damage and I don't think there is a single enemy in the game that is immune to wounds, except that some bosses can remove them once in a while.

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
My Paladin with a polearm is one of my best fighter : when he causes large amount of wounds, ennemies can't hit you as it reduces their attack capacities
So the skill that helps you to cause wounds (added to the bonus of his polearm) is much better than the stunning strike IMO

Nevertheless, special effects depend of each kind of greater ennemies as they all have their own resistances : monsters like Olendros only suffer from wounds (50% resist), they don't bleed and can't be stunned

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA

U wot m8? Wounding is an excellent way to quickly incapacitate powerful enemies that have too much HP to quickly kill and deal large amounts of damage and I don't think there is a single enemy in the game that is immune to wounds, except that some bosses can remove them once in a while.

Yep. And enemy casters with wounds will mis-cast spells. Which can save your ass.

roshan

Arcane
I'm at the mid 20's in level, having a blast so far. How did this game do in sales? Would love more like it. Do any of the devs post here at the codex?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Do any of the devs post here at the codex?

Yes, they have posted here a few times. Though not much lately though, which I assume is a good thing in that I HOPE they are now working forward to the second game (IIRC this is a trilogy).

As soon as they announce the second game...

:takemymoney:

A600

Educated
That price is a steal!

175 hours played here and I still enjoy every minute of it and I would still play it if they add a true Iron Man mode (no saves allowed anywhere)

Drowed

Arcane
:rage:

I bought it earlier. Why didn't I follow the golden rule of waiting until the last day to see if the price would drop?

...Oh, well, the game is good. Whatever.

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
Half price or full price, the game worths both options, so it doesn't bother me, except the fact to fully support Numantian :bro:

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I myself bought Deluxe with 20 or 25% discount on one of the first days of sale. Totally worth the money.

Multi-headed Cow

Is the talisman of Golot as cheaty as it sounds from the description?

Drowed

Arcane
Yeah, quite a bit. It's a in-game walkthrough. Don't know where to go? Just ask. Also, free skill or stats points from time to time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom