Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Mage's Initiation - A Classic Sierra-style Adventure/RPG

FeelTheRads

Arcane

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Psht, you are faster than I.

To give a bit more detail, it's a commercial project by the group that did the VGA remakes of KQ I-III, and QFG II, all of which were (in my opinion) quite good. They've already made quite a bit of progress on the game and have a lot to show.

Looks like a good project to me, and I'll be tossing a few bucks their way. The only qualm I might have is that it seems like a lot of the money will be going towards non-game related things.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Fuck yes! Their other remakes were pretty damn good, so I know this team is competent. And at least it is a true 2D adventure game. Not the console shit action game TLJ.

Backing this!

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Quest for Infamy, Hero-U and now this. Things are getting better and better.

709361e6d305d3d7b5ed1a1f6554715e_large.gif

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Quest for Infamy ks asked for 25k and got 63k.
Mage's Initiation needs 65k from the beginning, probably they thought they will gather it without the problems since there are very similar.

Also, the graphics are looking great, now only Police Quest-like ks remains to be done.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Looks decent enough. I'm in for the digital copy, no bells or whistles attached

:takemymoney:

kaizoku

Arcane
Haven't watched/read the KS yet.

But hasn't this game (well it's WIP) been mentioned here on the forum, maybe 1 year or 2 ago?

I remember seeing some snowy landscapes and I think the main character was a female.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Cool!

I was playing LA Noire recently and caught myself thinking that what it tried to be is basically a modern version of Police Quest, and yet it failed in so many ways. (Although it did have some positives, too, and I enjoyed playing about halfway through it.)

I'm not saying PQ didn't have its faults though - it had a lot of them, in fact.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
:oops:

I feel embarrassment for not paying attention to it. I hope Jim Walls will work on his kickstarter and will not struggle like Two Guys from Andromeda.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
:oops:

I feel embarrassment for not paying attention to it. I hope Jim Walls will work on his kickstarter and will not struggle like Two Guys from Andromeda.
Well, it was only really announced on a podcast done on the Two Guys' website, so it was fairly easy to miss.

I think the main reason that the Sierra vets' Kickstarters have struggled relative to other nostalgia-based projects is that they have been out of the industry much longer, and aren't really known to the general public anymore the way someone who has been active in the industry recently is. Still, there does seem to be a big enough base remaining to get them funded, even if only barely.

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
Haha police quest. I remember that gem. I think my fave, the one I actually enjoyed anyway, was 4. I think.

However, for PQ today it will need to be moar akshun oriented to reflect kwan poooolice today: Access to battlefield weapons and chopper support + predator drones.

Hopefully there is an easter egg referencing Dorner.

kaizoku

Arcane
ah! I guess I found it.
Andhaira had initially posted about it.
http://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.ph...on-spiritual-sequel-to-quest-for-glory.77128/

This looks amazing!
And they did *lots* of work on their KS project. It seems not a single detail was left aloof.

One ironic event which I foresee is that this game will be 100x better than what the Coles will come up with.
Even more to it, is the fact that they're both focusing the thematic of an aspiring mage.

Damn! Those bonus items on the stretch goals can be a serious wallet killer for a box completionist.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Haven't watched/read the KS yet.

But hasn't this game (well it's WIP) been mentioned here on the forum, maybe 1 year or 2 ago?

I remember seeing some snowy landscapes and I think the main character was a female.
That's a different game.

Blackthorne

Infamous Quests
Patron
Developer
Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yeah - these guys have been working really hard on the game for some time, and they put a lot of thought into their KS. (I definitely think they learned a lot by watching other campaigns, and talking to people!) I'm friends with many people on the team, and this game is definitely the real deal.

Bt

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom