Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

J1M

Arcane
God I hate that female protagonist default face.
This is bioware's attempt to bring fem ryder representation up to 50%. Make the female lead so hard on the eyes that you are compelled to play as her to customize it.

This is bioware's attempt to bring fem ryder representation up to 50%. Make the female lead so hard on the eyes that you are compelled to play as her to customize it.
Remember the good old days of a few years ago when they tried to increase the female lead's visibility by making femShep a reasonably attractive redhead for ME3? I don't normally obsess over default character looks for RPGs, but holy hell they dropped the ball here.

J1M

Arcane
Dare I say incline of Bioware?

It's a skill-tree shooter. With 3 onscreen skills.
Start a poll. Let's see if people prefer passive or active skill unlocks.

EDIT: The end of the video suggests you'll be able to swap between 4 sets of three pretty quickly, so maybe you can have 12 skills. (If the PC interface receives more care than they usually put into it.)

Last edited:

Rev

Arcane
The game will probably be shit and BioWare is not to be trusted after their last three games, but it would be nice if the game was somehow decent enough. Not gonna happen, but still I can't really think of any other sci-fi/space opera RPG in the making: almost everyone is just releasing hordes of fantasy games, aside from the occasional cyberpunk and post-apoc.

RangerBoo

Arcane
The Homeless Paradise of Washington State
To be honest, I'm just hate watching this game right now. I just want to see how big of a hole Bioware will dig themselves into. With EA, their scumbag SJW devs, SJW politics that we know they are going to shove down our throats and them seemly going out of their way to please Tumblr fangirls, the hole they are going to dig will reach fucking China.
Also, anyone else noticed that a lot of these reaction and discussion videos on Mass Effect: Andromeda are mostly from girls? Come on ladies. There are better games out there. Guess they really want to fantasize about riding that Krogan.

Freddie

Savant
From the combat video, few things that came to mind regarding MP.

They have lot of weapons from ME3 and some new ones. I wonder if assault rifles are still gimped. In other hand there are new beam weapons, it remains to be seen how well they work.

What comes to skills, it looks like they improved the combo system, not sure about that though. It would however very important considering they have shielded enemies (mech in video) which just slow the pace of combat down unless there are ways to remove those shields fast.

FOV appears to be quite narrow which is silly, it can be disorienting and it just takes fun of the game to be constantly peeking around. Latter can be helped a bit by map design and where enemies spawn points are located.

The big questions is how they balanced grinding / player skill and 'monetisation'.
In ME3 MP good players could top the score board at least on Silver with even level 1 character and some really lousy weapons. It was pure player skill. However, this really wasn't possible on Gold. Basically game forced players to either grind or buy those BW packs to unlock and improve weapons.

Now it looks like there are lot of weapons and skills that require unlocking. If they made it a grind-fest to build stong incentive for player to buy whatever it was how the system unlocks stuff, it may be pretty much DoA. There are just too many other MP games, including free to play titles to choose from.

I'm not going to buy this and I would advice anyone who is interested MP aspect of this to perhaps give it a bit of time to see if MP has staying power.

Keye_

Educated
Interesting that in the combat video they only show one clip longer than 10 seconds. The video is just a compilation of flashy moves, but no actual complete fight is shown.
Tactics are obviously non-existent. Another shiny puddle with no depth.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Well my relative has 2 core CPU and he's paying for university of his daughter so... I was wondering if it's dual core capable or not.

Tytus

Arcane
Any news about minimum requirements?

Yes, actually.

Minimum requirements are:

- Lack of good taste.
- Sadomasochism
- Lack of self-awareness
- Insufficient understanding what cringe is
- Inadequacy during intercourse
- Inferiority complex
- Crippling anxiety during social events
- Addiction to masturbation to digital characters
- Emotional age of 10-13
- Attraction to popamoles
- Self-loathing
- Detestation of turn-based combat
- Egdy shitposting

J1M

Arcane
Well my relative has 2 core CPU and he's paying for university of his daughter so... I was wondering if it's dual core capable or not.
That's not how CPUs work. # of cores is one of the least important factors for gaming.

Soulcucker

Savant
Any news about minimum requirements?

Yes, actually.

Minimum requirements are:

- Lack of good taste.
- Sadomasochism
- Lack of self-awareness
- Insufficient understanding what cringe is
- Inadequacy during intercourse
- Inferiority complex
- Crippling anxiety during social events
- Addiction to masturbation to digital characters
- Emotional age of 10-13
- Attraction to popamoles
- Self-loathing
- Detestation of turn-based combat
- Egdy shitposting
:d1p:

Reinhardt

Arcane
Addiction to masturbation to digital characters
Thanks, but no.:rpgcodex:

CxIaS7TXEAAPm8c.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom