Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Metro: Last Light

Sodafish

Arcane
Still no patch for the crash bug. Apparently they think it's something to do with SSE implementation. What a clusterfuck :lol:

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
HJQmUCU.jpg

GJxDyuD.jpg

Fuck global illumination...

On the other hand, there's this nice addition.

OYI82GC.jpg

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
A welcome addition is that health doesn't regenerate. Well, if it does, it must go up to certain increments, like in Escape from Butcher Bay or NeueWolf. Unfortunately, they botched it by not actually including a health indicator. You still have the pulsating red tint screen designed for regenerating health. If you take any significant damage, the screen keeps fucking pulsating red forever until you use a medkit. It's annoying as shit.

Stakhanov

Augur
Looking at the Steam forums the launch of this thing is a disaster: people stuck with a 150 mb preload bug that they could only get out of by refunding and then buying the game again, overlay and achievements showing as Metro: LL and a 60 page thread about crashing at startup.

How does 4A fuck up something so simple?

naossano

Cipher
Finally tried it. Didn't have a crash so far, but i only tested it. Not enough time to replay it fully now.
I get that they had to pick only one voice for consistency matter, but they picked the worse of the two.
I would have much prefered if they kept the fragile voice of the Metro 2033 Artiom. Instead, they kept the warrior-ish Last Light Artiom voice. (english version)
We might lose some of the great atmosphere because of it...
On the other hand, i didn't see achievements for this new version. I assume they will come later.

Edit: Indeed, those achievements appeared a few hours later, at least for me. Although, they don't show up properly for now...

Last edited:

Cromwell

Arcane
I thought they added something to theese games, wanted to try them and dont miss out on new stuff. Is there a single reaosn to play a graphical "update" for games which arent that old and looked good?

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Some people are blaming the Ukraine-Separatist-Russia conflict, but that kind of ignores the fact that these two games were already created, and the engine doesn't seem very different from the one used in Last Light. There must have been the bare minimum of work necessary to do a job like this, compared to other restoration projects.

I thought they added something to theese games, wanted to try them and dont miss out on new stuff.
They certainly did add things! They added specific stealth routes through the levels!

Cromwell

Arcane
Maybe I should play staker instead but then I have to work my way thorugh a fucking modjungle.

Sodafish

Arcane
So I got 2033 redux working with the new patch. Graphics "update" my ass. The game looks like shit compared to the original. All the textures are smeary, low res crap.

Console-targeted enrichment indeed :deadhorse:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
So I got 2033 redux working with the new patch. Graphics "update" my ass. The game looks like shit compared to the original. All the textures are smeary, low res crap.

Are you fucking blind? I just hate those Codexers who lie, just to keep up the edgy, all negative Codexer image.

Sodafish

Arcane

Are you fucking blind? I just hate those Codexers who lie, just to keep up the edgy, all negative Codexer image.

In fairness, when I said this I had tesselation turned off, which inexplicably made all the textures low res. Fixing that setting, I still thiink they lowered the texture res for consoles. And yes, the re-jiggered graphics effects look like shit compared to the original (2033 at least; there's probably less difference between LL and its Redux version, haven't bothered to check it). Bloom and lens flare everywhere doesn't improve anything, and has totally changed the feel and mood of the game. They changed the gameplay too, and not for the better. Monsters are now bullet sponges even on ranger mode, and they added monster attacks and shit that weren't in the original.

But don't let me stop your fanboying.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

In fairness, when I said this I had tesselation turned off, which inexplicably made all the textures low res. Fixing that setting, I still thiink they lowered the texture res for consoles. And yes, the re-jiggered graphics effects look like shit compared to the original (2033 at least; there's probably less difference between LL and its Redux version, haven't bothered to check it). Bloom and lens flare everywhere doesn't improve anything, and has totally changed the feel and mood of the game. They changed the gameplay too, and not for the better. Monsters are now bullet sponges even on ranger mode, and they added monster attacks and shit that weren't in the original.

But don't let me stop your fanboying.
I'm fanboy of several things, but the Metro series is not among that, I don't know where do you get that from. I just called out the bullshit that the Redux has lower resolution than the original. You might be right about messing up the gameplay though.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Watch J_C as he emberasses himself in his Youtube channel. Today's topic: Metro Redux:

chestburster

Savant
Illiterate
These "redux" are obviously console versions designed for IGN tards, which are ported to PC at little extra cost to phish some money from certain dumbfucks who are too dumb to know better. Same goes for the Ranger DLC for M:LL. Anyone who buys and complains is a dumbfuck or a hypocrite. Might as well buy some McBurgers and complain that they're bad for your health.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
And here it coooomes:

Metro Redux Creators Unveil ARKTIKA.1 for Oculus Touch
4A Games announces highly immersive, action-packed VR shooter during Oculus Connect keynote with debut trailer
From 4A Games, the creators of Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, and Metro Redux, comes a new vision of the apocalypse. Announced today during the Oculus Connect 3 keynote in San Jose, ARKTIKA.1 is a highly immersive, action-packed, first-person shooter designed exclusively for Oculus Touch. Using the newest version of the 4A Engine and set for release in Q2 2017, ARKTIKA.1 delivers the most impressive visuals ever seen in VR, along with the immersion and world building that 4A Games is known for, in a full AAA package. Experience a post-apocalyptic vision of the future like never before; in full VR.

Watch the debut trailer now. https://youtu.be/KLkvbAFIOJc
Check out three amazingly detailed 10K-resolution screenshots at http://www.4a-games.com.mt.

DeepOcean

Arcane
And the VR fad comes to make the first victim of the developers I keep watching... Will it be the new fad to replace the old fad of social media games? Will it ruin the gaming industry creatively even more than social media and the Xbox already did? When man children faggots will get bored of having expensive junk glued to their foreheads and looking like bozos? We will see on the next chapter of Decline.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom