Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Might & Magic Heroes Online

Revenant

Noticed this was available on Steamu today. Downloaded the 32 MB sized client, I guess the game downloads resources on demand??? Will try to play and see if it's any good. Anyone else has opinions? So far, haven't seen anything on the Codex.

EDIT: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LOL
This game requires the Adobe Flash Player plugin (32bit) for Google Chrome.
Please download and install Google Chrome.
Fuck you, uninstall.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Played it for a few hours. It's a pay2win game unfortunately. The concept is interesting, the graphics are immersive (kinda like LA2 but isometric), but they had to ruin it with their unimaginative pay2win shit, like it's impossible to make money off of players without selling them win tickets. Idiots.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Maybe they're using flash for something minor, but the game is in html5? Anyway, it plays well, the UI is smooth, a lot of effort went into polishing everything. I'd say the issue isn't the technology here.

abija

Prophet
What? There's been streaming (live or not) without flash for a while, with considerable less cpu usage.
The best part of flash video is how it uses more cpu hardware accelerated than a linux vm running same video through livestreamer without hardware acceleration. Now that's some impressive shitty coding.

Revenant

Yeah except that HTML5 video is shit. Slow, sometimes doesn't synchronize properly, stutters while changing quality. Give me Flash in place of HTML5 any day of the week

abija

Prophet
Last edited:

Revenant

Maybe that's why Flash is using more CPU, to ensure smooth video playback. I had countless cases of HTML5 performance issues, and Flash was always fast in the last 5 or so years.

abija

Prophet
Sure thing, they do amazing stuff in the background TM.

I have used livestreamer (or other stuff) instead of flash video players with 0 issues, long before html5 support was spread enough. Cut the bullshit with smooth video playback, there's no reason to use 30 times more CPU power other than pure incompetence.

Mustawd

Have a key for the Might & Magic Heroes Online - Angel Starter Pack.

PM me if interested.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom