Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X - Legacy

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
This game would probably benefit from getting a demake into MM1-6 pixel art so the game doesn't run like shit.
The game does feature a pixelated "retro mode", as seen here, but I'm not sure by how much does it improve performance.
Probably not at all since it's just post processing

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
The above is true, it doesn't improve performance at all. The game basically looks and runs like shit no matter how good PC you have, you just have to suffer through it. Or not, since the gameplay is average and not necessarily worth it.

If there's one genre where performance really isn't an issue for me it's a turn-based blobber, so I really didn't mind that the game would occasionally drop into single digit fps when on the over world. I still loved it THIS MUCH and want more people to buy it so maybe someday we'll see MMXI, but it's totally fair to point out that the game runs like a pile of hot fucking garbage.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Everything in that game is hacked together from Heroes 6 assets so it's hard to blame the developers, I doubt Ubi gave them much of a budget. Doubt there will be an MMXI either, MMX is already a kind of anomaly resulting from much peddling by Julien Pirou

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I thought the email query they sent after MMX was something of a promising gesture.

Luzur

Good Sir
Everything in that game is hacked together from Heroes 6 assets so it's hard to blame the developers, I doubt Ubi gave them much of a budget. Doubt there will be an MMXI either, MMX is already a kind of anomaly resulting from much peddling by Julien Pirou

MMX didnt sell, sadly enough, so dont hold your breath about another one this side of the coming mini-ice age.

Snufkin

Augur
For some reasons when i click on "Into battle!" button nothing happens. Game wont start, wonder if anyone know fix?

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Found this thing on my hard drive and started actually playing it. Great game, despite the step based movement bullshit (at least it's not real time, I can't think of a more aggravating combo than severely limited movement and real time). Will post more impressions once I'm further into the game.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
This game is trash and I'm angry to have been reminded that I wasted time playing it.

UNSUBSCRIBED! TAKE THAT!!!!

Lhynn

Arcane
This game is trash and I'm angry to have been reminded that I wasted time playing it.
Not trash, it a solid 5. And before you say 5 is trash, need i remind you how many games are more deserving of that denomination?

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's a great game. At least a 7/10. I'm amazed they managed to implement most of the elements that make an RPG fun and the m&m series so great despite Ubi's stinginess with the budget.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
MMX is great, if you actually like blobbers. Step based movement + turn-based combat = heavan.

Mozg

Arcane
If there's one genre where performance really isn't an issue for me it's a turn-based blobber, so I really didn't mind that the game would occasionally drop into single digit fps when on the over world. I still loved it THIS MUCH and want more people to buy it so maybe someday we'll see MMXI, but it's totally fair to point out that the game runs like a pile of hot fucking garbage.

Two year old post but I have the opposite predilection: TB blobbers are a genre where the games can run absolutely blazing fast with you making multiple small decisions every second as you zoom through the maps and combats at the speed of thought (and it's part of what makes step-based movement good - one step takes one input and doesn't force a minimum slowness on gameplay as you wait for your RT movement decisions to finish). A slow blobber is like a slow roguelike, a completely backward waste of potential.

Mortmal

Arcane
MMX is great, if you actually like blobbers. Step based movement + turn-based combat = heavan.
No ,great is left for the like of fate gates of dawn, wizardry 7-8 or might and magic 3, world of xeen. MMX is just ok 6-7/10 no more . I think sword and sorcery underworld definitive edition may be better too.The only other blobber released "recently" on pc was elminage gothic and few here like it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom