Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Monster Hunter World - G-rank edition. Now on PC.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Ehat is the point of those 0.0001 drops anyway? Are the endgame monsters that unfairly strong in endgame or they are for turbo autists OCD people?

I am still in low rank, and gears while helps alot fighting tough monsters, it is not the end of everything. Lack of fully upgraded gears can still be compensated by patience and player skill, unless you try to kill something like rathian with first armor you get or naked, which probably will OH KO you.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Ehat is the point of those 0.0001 drops anyway? Are the endgame monsters that unfairly strong in endgame or they are for turbo autists OCD people?

They can allow you to run interesting builds you otherwise couldn't, and can reduce your clear times with the right setups, but no, the monsters aren't unfairly strong. In fact, you have to fight tempered high-rank monsters in order to get those decos (and streamstones) in the first place, underlining the fact that they aren't needed.

It's kinda dumb, but then again there's only so much they can do to drag the game out when you've already fought every single monster a bunch of times. Problem is, they take it too far and try to drag out way too long, in my opinion.

Regardless, having fun fighting the monsters is the main draw, but working toward new builds and learning weapons you're unfamiliar with at the same time adds interest. Shame "working toward new builds" turns into playing a rigged slot machine after a certain point.

Sheepherder

Augur
So basically those decorations are there for completionism's sake? Like getting a 100 damage sword after using a 99.99 damage one?
Also, when playing Dark Souls 3 I used cheat engine 100% drop rate hack to get the armor and covenant items that I needed. Is there something similar for monster hunter?

Perkel

Arcane
Yes, MH doesn't have grind at all.

Grind is something you have to do in order to progress and usually you don't want to do because you find it boring as fuck or bad.

In MH you can take first iron/bone weapon you have and very easily upgrade it to level where you can win whole game with it. Same with armor. You basically need 1 low rank set and 1 high rank set.
Everything else is just is extra to give you additional edge.
Only thing that requires more is G-rank.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
So basically those decorations are there for completionism's sake?

Well... as Blaine said you can run interesting builds, that is, you can play the game in a totally different way. It's a bit hard to explain but the moment-to-moment gameplay is just top notch imho, grinding to get that last deco for a fun (even if not uber-performing) build and then playing with it is quite satisfying and it's far from the soul-crushing and repetitive grind you find in other games.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
>Mfw I have no fookin' idea how it could sound

To an American? Pretty much like this:

The funniest thing is when the Handler says "Ehi, collega" in place of "Hey, partner." I just now worked out that it's "collega," actually, no doubt corresponding to "colleague" in English. I'd always heard it as "gallega" and was about to ask you, since Google Translate was no help. Had to figure it out for myself.

Last edited:

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron

:lol:

It means colleague, someone you work with. Yes, you got it! And good catch on pronunciation, in Italian the letter C is pronounced as an hard sound (like a "K") if followed by the vocals A-O-U, while it becomes like an "S" when near E and I.

Fun fact is, it sees little use outside of very formal situations except for law enforcers. Police and Carabinieri commonly call each other collega instead of using names, even when not on duty. At least that's my personal experience with them.

I sometimes use it to troll my co-workers, when not directly referring to them as henchmen.

Last edited:

mogwaimon

Magister
I normally do weeb JP voices but for MHW they had the Monster Hunter language available as a dubbing option so I put that instead for maximum authenticity. Also Monster Hunter absolutely has grinding, not in the sense that progression is locked behind a grind but there's definitely grinds to get the drops you want whether we're talking something as simple as getting that Rath Plate/Ruby for an armor set or end-game deco farming.

Speaking of end-game I do hope they announce something major at TGS tomorrow, I've kinda burned myself out on hunting genre for a little while after beating MHW on PC and working on my Toukiden PS4 platinum. But G-Rank for World and pushing more existing content to PC might reinvigorate my interest....though hopefully not too much since I just started DQXI and that game is pretty good so far.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron

:lol:

It means colleague, someone you work with. Yes, you got it! And good catch on pronunciation, in Italian the letter C is pronounced as an hard sound (like a "K") if followed by the vocals A-O-U, while it becomes like an "S" when near E and I.

Fun fact is, it sees little use outside of very formal situations except for law enforcers. Police and Carabinieri commonly call each other collega instead of using names, even when not on duty. At least that's my personal experience with them.

I sometimes use it to troll my co-workers, when not directly referring to them as henchmen.

Yeah, that's what made the word difficult for me to pin down. "Colleague" is very formal in English regardless of context, with no exceptions. I've never seen nor heard it used to address someone directly on a personal level. I'm sure it's happened occasionally as an inside joke or whatever, but not as a serious form of direct address.

In the US I believe most, if not all police refer to each other by their last names formally or by their first names informally. In the military, we always used last names without exception, and this could become familiar rather than formal. For example, if you've been out of the service for years, you might continue referring to an old pal by his last name, but it then becomes more of a nostalgic honorific than a formality.

Sheepherder

Augur
What weapons are you guys using? I've been using a hammer but it's hard to chase down big monsters as they run away. Very satisfying to whack smaller mobs tho.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
What weapons are you guys using? I've been using a hammer but it's hard to chase down big monsters as they run away. Very satisfying to whack smaller mobs tho.
a73958bf09.png

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
I killed everything solo with weeb sword. Then killed everything solo with mortar HBG. Then game decided it had to drop 8 (eight) warrior streamstones and 2 hero streamstones for Lance, so now I'm penetrating things left and right. Odogaron's Lance is actually lots of fun, white sharp and you can easily hit 100% affinity with no booster, when hitting weak spots. Add an elementless jewel and the damage is pretty decent, if you time counters right and manage to stay in the monster face.

Edit: Finally managed to slay my first tempered Elder Dragon, Teostra, using a Lance. He immediately dropped a Ranged Warrior Streamstone. And another one for the Lance.

That's master level trolling right there. Well played game, well played.

Last edited:

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Patch that supposedly fixes the mouse issues is live.

We've implemented an update adding new mouse control options for the in-game camera.

Additional controls:
The new control type is in line with the control standards for most PC games.
To change the controls, open up the in-game Start Menu, go to Options, and select the Controls tab.
Here you'll be able to switch between the different mouse control schemes.
If you wish to adjust the sensitivity, go to the same Options menu, and select the Camera tab.

Design change:
The location for Event Quest Relish the Moment was changed to Elder's Recess to improve playability.
Only the location has been changed. No changes have been made to the various requirements for this quest.

Important: The latest version of MONSTER HUNTER: WORLD is revision number 153524. You can verify the version number in the top-left corner when you launch the game in windowed mode. Keep in mind that you can only match with other players who have the same update version as you.

If you have further questions, you can contact customer support at http://www.capcom.com/mhwsupport/

https://steamcommunity.com/games/582010/announcements/detail/1689303628533106323

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
I think I'm so used to the slightly floaty controls by now that I can barely tell the difference, but with the new setting, input does seem snappier and more direct. I threw together a quick video showing what it's like to switch around aim with the bow, although I haven't even put in my contacts yet this morning so I'm not exactly on my A-game.

I'll embed it when all the processing and shit has completed.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
I can't say this game's post game is interesting me. I find the combat dull and there are few rewards that are interesting once you get to the end. The tempered monsters are just normal monsters that do more damage, and I really don't see the incentive for grinding jewels.

I didn't hate this game. I played it for 60 hours. I just never found the combat and gamplay as fun as other JRPGs that people mention with it in the same breath. Will probably uninstall.

Last edited:

troupeg

Educated
Gotta say I'm not having fun with this game. I've been playing Generations Ultimate a lot more tbh. The variety in that game is insane.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom