Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Necropolis, a procedurally generated "diabolical dungeon delve" from Harebrained Schemes

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Eat shit. Nobody said that.

What other modern game has stamina working like that anyway?

Mozg

Arcane
I think it looks better than it did at least. Before some attacks would completely pass through enemies and register damage without any feedback at all, as in no stun, no noise, no hitstop, nuffin'. Watching a little percentage of this I didn't see that happen.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
It on presale on gog dirty cheap, I am thinking of getting it tomorrow; it look reasonably cool, I enjoy the style of gameplay and I like to support good developers like Harebrained so everybody wins

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist

You mean like every single Elder Scrolls title? Dragon's Dogma? Monster Hunter? All the various 'realistic' fps games (Arma, Day Z, Ark, etc.) Big green stamina bars that rapidly regenerate are ubiquitous.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected

You mean like every single Elder Scrolls title? Dragon's Dogma? Monster Hunter? All the various 'realistic' fps games (Arma, Day Z, Ark, etc.) Big green stamina bars that rapidly regenerate are ubiquitous.
Hmm...all those games also have swords. Well the realistic FPS have knives which do count in a pinch according to some. So many similarities.

Archibald

Arcane
Someone instead of dropping stupid argument is desperate to dig himself even deeper into retardation.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
ITT cretinism. Managing stamina isn't even a factor in any of games. Except for monster hunter maybe, never seen much of that.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://harebrained-schemes.com/youre-invited-to-the-co-op-death-jam/

To celebrate our much anticipated PC release on July 12, 2016 we we wanted to invite you to the CO-OP DEATH JAM the OFFICIAL livestream event for NECROPOLIS: A Diabolical Dungeon Delve.

We’ve invited some of the biggest Twitch and Youtube gamers to team up and face off in attwitch.tv/HyperRPG. Tune in for giveaways every hour including t-shirts, art prints, the collectors edition by Iam8bit and other limited edition swag.

July 9, 2016 10AM-10PM PDT

twitch.tv/HyperRPG

Severian Silk

I did not see any ranged attacks in the videos. Does this game have them? Also, with the super basic graphics you could get away with speeding up the combat a bit and still not disorient the player.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-07-08-necropolis-has-been-delayed-on-consoles

Necropolis has been delayed on consoles
Despite the PC version's delay for a simultaneous multiplatform launch.

Earlier this year Harebrained Schemes' co-op action roguelike Necropolis was delayed on PCso that it could have a simultaneous launch on PS4 and Xbox One, as per an agreement with publisher Bandai Namco. Unfortunately, things don't always go according to plan and the console launch is still going to be several weeks after Necropolis comes to PC and Mac on 12th July.

A spokesperson for the studio confirmed to Eurogamer that Necropolis' launch is "PC on July 12th, consoles are later this summer" and that the developer won't have console code for "several weeks".

It's unclear if the PC version's delay was in vain, though at the time Harebrained Schemes said "we believe this is absolutely the right decision, and that the additional time will make for an even better Necropolis for consoles AND for PC" so it's quite likely the delay helped the developer polish that up a bit. Also unclear is whether the studio's publishing deal with Bandai Namco is still on. We've asked Harebrained Schemes for clarification and will update should we here back.

But for those playing on PC or Mac, you'll be able to snag Necropolis on Thursday for £22.99 on Steam.

For more on Necropolis, I went hands-on with it when it was less than five months into development. At the time Necropolis still felt a little rough, but it was up to some very interesting things that left me quite excited to see how the game would shape up.

Viata

Arcane
People that want to buy this game should wait until the console version is released to buy the PC version, so the dev can take a dose of waiting for stupid reason.

Starwars

Arcane
So I think this releases tomorrow. It's currently nr 5 at STEAM top sellers list, didn't really expect that from this game.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
This has always looked absolutely awful to me, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
#2 in Top Sellers list. Looks like the masses were hungry for a roguelike Dark Souls. Given the last minute delay of the console version, I wonder how many reviews there will be.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom