Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter new pics - OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN

eklektyk

Erudite
generally below lvl60 blue stuff can be sold for some potato if u really need some petty cash right now and some potions can be in great demand on ah too

soooo anyone reading preview bug forums ??? few days only to exp launch and it will be "FUN"
so far it looks like if u have moar than 300 of any curencies thier briliant brainfart of inuvatshun and "fixin" will make sure to put u in ur place with the rest of players at MAX 300 and not a single seal/token/thingie more ... simply MAJESTIC coding

im stockpiling popcorn coz its gona be hell of a fun ride on forums when this PoS goes Live

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I haven't even bothered pre-patching because Craptic always screws that up and I have to redownload the shit again anyway. If it weren't for all those sweet potatos I would loose, I'd give them a week to fix the biggest bugs before logging in at all...
The 300 cap only applies to campaign currencies, amirite? While it's definitely an epic display of coding skills (or the lack of), why would anyone even have more than 300 of those lying around? Too bad they fixed the cap on the tradebars though, THAT would have been a shitstorm requiring bucketloads of popcorn!

eklektyk

Erudite
aparently, if u belive rumors[coz devs cant be arsed to write shit on forums and avoid it like a plague], new cap is at 500 witch still sucks ass but is beter than 300

it looks like they dislike most active players - who would have suspected this i wonder...

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
But what do you need 300 or 500 campaign currence stuff for tho? By the point you end up sitting with that many Sparks/Scrips/whatevs you don't even need them anymore.

eklektyk

Erudite
well at the point of entry - when geniuses implemented it first - it was cap of 300 on all currencies - everything except bars was capped at 300
witch was so retarded i simply have no words about it ...
since then after multiple butthurt threads on preview forum pointing to them how retarded it was they managed to split some of them and give separate counters to some items
now its aparenty 5k on bars, 1k to 5k on various other thingies [one would assume this is for summer/winter stuffies and medalions of battle for skirmishes events]
and 500 for campaign tokens of various sort minus dragon coins at aparently 1k or so [if i did not borked numbers as it seems everyretarded thingie they come up with have diffrent cap and thers no logic to those limits anyways]

and ther was a time when i runned arcane res not for sparks but to farm ench and nodes as it was easiest high end nodes to farm and always ready ...so i got lotsa sparks and other sharandar shit too and caps will simply delee all that
so retarded move in line wih whole procesion of retardation from cryptic in the last idk 6 months at least? and they live in a bubble and thin what an awesome job theyre doing in sto and nw ... simply unbelivable

Last edited:

Shannow

Waster of Time
Would somebody be so nice to either up my guild rank or to put a dragonbone halberd and sword knot into the guild bank slot for GD tards? I'd be very thankful and pray for your health and wellbeing.

Gerrard

Arcane
Are you ready for the clusterfuck tomorrow?

Also, I was on preview and it looks like Winter Festival will be starting on the 18t of December.

eklektyk

Erudite
i just hope i will be able to pray and thats max of my hopes for this clusterfuck called expansion of theirs ... oh and i gotsa popcorn ready for forum meltdown that will folow

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Great, forgot to run the pre-patch before leaving home... seems that I will have to use Browsercoast Advenshurs to beg for Allah not to take away my shinies again. Ewwwwww.

I... won't make it. Go on... without me. For now. I'll be with you in spirit when you are AFK in one of those big raids. :salute:

Last edited:

Vaarna_Aarne

One thing is for certain: Lots of people are zerging the servers right now, given how choked the download speed is.

Vaarna_Aarne

Two hours and fourty-two minutes later it's finally updated.

One thing I didn't notice reading dev tracker before, but Storm Spell was slightly nerfed: It now procs 30% of the time, but on procs on crits. This probably affects Steal Time the most (I don't think its non-damaging procs can crit), and does mean that niggas are expected to either get crit or get Eye of the Storm. Personally I'm eyeing towards getting one more point to Chilling Presence the next time I get a PeePee, and see how that'd synch with Conduit.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Update still not done, but I noticed they changed the symbols for the leadership boxes (at least in the gateway). They definitely have their priorities!
I hope I won't have to extend my pray timer via gateway ever again. What a needless chore...

eklektyk

Erudite
well they swapped few icons - so now u can be confused opening pray box instead blue normal chest easier and in proces managed to totaly bork profession UI ...
now it feels and acts totaly wonky and twitches like metch addict in withdrawal fase ...simply majestic "improvement"

not to mention that flood of tears of broken pvp and rogues totaly owning shit now

Vaarna_Aarne

Well the Rogues in PvP probably just still use near permastealth approach, so it's just as gay as before.

At least based on my look at the new feats and whatnot, Cleric's got a pretty good thing going on with the new patch.

Vaarna_Aarne

A brief review of Mod5 Executioner Rogue:

[Combat (Self)] Your Shadow of Demise deals 36132 (24380) Physical Damage to Vilithrax.

(I'm not sure, but Shadow of Demise might be bugged and double tap itself since I often see duplicates of the damage inflicted in the log)

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane
Leave it to Craptic to release something with bugs that have been reported for a month. What the fuck is even the point of people going on the preview?

My DC truly lives up to his name with the Righteous path. None can stand before the might of the holy light of incline.

Last edited:

Wild Slop

Arcane
HD problems intensifies, I can hardly get on log enough to browse Codex for 5 mins without it giving up on me. I am lining up getting a replacement, but might have some trouble with getting Windows (and here I thought I was ok as far this goes). I know things are bleak without me and all seems lost but look into your hearts, believe and kill the red dragon last!!!

(on an a even lesser but stable pc atm)

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Already emergency maintenance today, great testing as usual.

I know things are bleak without me and all seems lost but look into your hearts, believe and kill the red dragon last!!!
I will go AFK during a fight just for you! :brofist:

My earlier question still remains though: which class is the bottom feeder now? The rouge wearer seems to do alright now and fappy praising the Cleric makes me want to move mine for the first time in months. A short run ending with a horrible death mind you. I doubt i will even recognize half of the symbols anymore. Huh... challenge accepted!

Vaarna_Aarne

Today's regular patch day anyway, they were clever!

Anyway, it's really difficult to figure out who's the bottom feeder nowadays. Everyone feels equally overpowered now. And it feels good mang.

eklektyk

Erudite
i speceed anew my rogue with that almostpermastun thingie and took it for a spin in 2 dreadring lairs ...and oh boy does she wrecks shit now ...
do go on a rampage before they nerf it back to oblivion tho

Shannow

Waster of Time
K, I don't really like asking "How should I build my char?". And I don't mind having non-optimal builds and living with it. But since server's down anyway, I thought I'd take this chance:
So I'm lvl 51 Great Weapon Fighter. I went for Sentinel Feats and Iron Vanguard Paragon Path. The concept atm it to be tough noogies coupled with nice dmg from crits. Should be able to solo (at least the solo content ;) ) and my focus is on PVE.

Current passives are
Weapon Master (Additional crit chance + better def via feats)
Ferocious Reaction (Survivability and got a buff with recent patch. Saved my ass in one boss fight already. I like it.)

At-Wills:
Threatening Rush (Nice short-range closer. I deal extra dmg to marked enemies via feat. Supposedly marked also lowers resistance, but this is badly documented. I do notice a significant increase in dmg after I've marked enemies.)
Sure Strike (Boring, but combined with extra crit feat it's not bad.)

Encounter:
Not so fast (Nice crowd attack skill. Recharges quite quickly, so it's not so bad. But I wouldn't mind changing it.)
Restoring Strike (Nice dmg. Nice healing if I crit for 10000dmg. ;) Nice feat attached to it.)
Frontline Surge (It's so much fun...)

Dailies:
Spinning Strike (I rarely use it anymore, but against hordes of low health enemies it's still quite nice.)
Indomitable Strength (In combination with marked [and other debuffs] it deals incredible single target dmg. Leaving the enemy prone is just a cherry on top.)

So, waddya say? Have I ruined the char? Doesn't feel like it, but perhaps at this stage all chars feel powerful?
The weakness, as I see it is that I rarely deal dmg against several enemies at once and other classs are probably better at single target dmg. So perhaps I fail at GWF? On the other hand I lessen the pressure on my teamates by generating all that additional Threat.
Atm in big fights my strategy is to unload on the boss and then run around killing adds or at least pulling them off my mates. Most PUGs I was in only focussed on the boss and were often getting into trouble with the adds. And running around with 8 tough adds on my heels while the dragon blasts red circles at me was kinda fun ;)
So I'd switch Not So Fast for something else, but I don't know what. Indomitable Battle Strike would be another single target skill of which I aready use too many. And I have no problem marking enemies as it is. Battle Fury has a huge cooldown and the game doesn't tell me how effective it is. Roar seems ok for the interrupt. But without dmg and positioning is trickier than with NSF.

As Feats go, I'd try playing more on my already nice critting. I still have 9 points to distribute before lvl 60. Options I'm considering:
Student of the Sword (Seems like shit and vastly inferior to other options.)
Great Weapon Focus (Since I don't rely all that much on At-Wills, probably not.)
Deep Gash (This "could" be quite good. Depends on how high Power gets. Say if I only get ~2000 Power that'd be 400 extra dmg. Over 6 seconds. Only on crits... I'm already dealing dmg in the thousands, so this seems kinda pitiful. I'd like a DoT though. Since some enemy red circles force me to keep my distance for quite some time. Also depends whether it synergises with Disciple of War and Steely Defense.)
Devastating Critical (My crit chance is ~30% now. It further improves with stacks of Weapon Master [and Grudge Style] and will increase again further with lvl and better equipment. I expect to come out around 35%-40%. So 3 points in this feat should provide ~5% more dmg on average. And I'd still have 6 points left over. Atm I don't see why I shouldn't take it.)
Ubiquitous Shield (Haven't PVPed yet, and I don't realy mean to get into PVP. For PVE it doesn't seem particularly important.)
Disciple of War (Requires Tier 1. And I don't expect it to do very much.)
Scale Agility (Seems ok.)
Battle Trample (Seems potentially great, but I don't really want to use Trample the Fallen :P)
Constitution Focus (If I read it correctly it'd come out at ~2% more health for the investment of 3 points? Sounds worthless.)

I'm open to further suggestions ;)

Does anybody know a good site for game documentation/information? I've been using http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Neverwinter_Wiki but it has the same weaknesses as the ingame stuff. Doesn't answer several questions. EG:
By how far does marked reduce resistance? How long does it last? The desciption suggests that marked lasts till the enemy attacks me. But it clearly lasts longer. So perhaps only the reduced resistance is meant?
When is an enemy controlled? When he's prone? Slowed? Or only from non-warrior skills?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom