Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter new pics - OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN

Bliblablubb

Arcane
It seems that I have found the culprint of my connection issues: Cogent. More specific, Cogent's recently started cooperation with Netflix and the lack of net-neutrality in the US. Cogent is getting handsomely paid by Netflix to route their content throught their infrastructure, which has led to problems for US providers, since Cogent is known for operating at maximum capacity of their hardware. Apparently every STO/NWO player being routed through Cogent suffers from the same problem as me: between 8pm and about 10.15pm, no login is possible and playing is pretty much impossible.
I don't have to wear my tinfoil hat to connect the dots here: Cogent is giving Netflix users priority during Yurop peak time, while the rest can wait to be served. Tonight I am going to try a proxy server, hopefully that will remove the issue.

Seriously, fuck Cogent.
:outrage:

eklektyk

Erudite
Patch Notes: 12/11/14

Performance and Stability
  • Resolved a slow memory leak in the game client.

fucking hope it works this time around ...... since 2 gb of ram used by client and then hiccups when fucking companion an enviro sounds are constantly played evertfucking 5 seconds is annoying as fuck

Norfleet

They blow something up again, Vaarna? Anything hilarious? What you up to, Vaarna?

eklektyk

Erudite
so they "fixed" memory leak ....
right
: i belive ! :

friggin retarded code in client still reads like 30 soundbites at the same time to play retarded oneliners from companions/nps/enviro EVERYFUCKING 5 SECONDS
but now this is a feature not a bug - move along scum!

pathetic

:rantoff:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
What's not to like about companion oneliners when logging into PE for your praycycle?

*praise Allah*
"Oooooooooooooh"
*ding*
"I put an arrow in everyone's knee!"
*ding*
"meow"
*ding*
"Isn't the sun wonderful?"
*ding*
*10 ponies get summoned at the same time*
*ding*
"Ha! No giant can scare me!"
*ding*
"By the divine will of the divine will of the divine will...."
*ding*
"You're as good as new. Well, nearly..."
*ding*
"Adventuring sure is dangerous!"

*update leadership tasks, switch to next farmhand*
*go back to beginning of this posting*

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
What's not to like about companion oneliners when logging into PE for your praycycle?

*praise Allah*
"Oooooooooooooh"
*ding*
"I put an arrow in everyone's knee!"
*ding*
"meow"
*ding*
"Isn't the sun wonderful?"
*ding*
*10 ponies get summoned at the same time*
*ding*
"Ha! No giant can scare me!"
*ding*
"By the divine will of the divine will of the divine will...."
*ding*
"You're as good as new. Well, nearly..."
*ding*
"Adventuring sure is dangerous!"

*update leadership tasks, switch to next farmhand*
*go back to beginning of this posting*
"I sure hope your next wound is unique!"

"Cound you fight something with a big cub?"

Bliblablubb

Arcane
"I have one word for you: leeches!"

I heard that fag 20 times when i logged into Sharandar, because everybody and his mother dismounted in the puddle to throw fey charms around. :argh:

Gerrard

Arcane
Go stand in the main Sharandar hub for a while armies of bots are going in and out of the Arcane Reservoir with the healers.

Gerrard

Arcane
Great Weapon Fighter
  • Destroyer's Purpose: Determination gain from this feat has been increased.
  • Destroyer's Purpose: Now caps at 10 stacks (down from 20) and grants 5% per stack (up from 2%).
  • Destroyer's Purpose: Now increases the damage of encounter powers by 20% (up from 10%).
:dance:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Got myself the book from "Shores of Tuern" for the boons yesterday. Turns out it came from the extra chest you have unlock the key for and not the normal one. I feel a little stupid now for not seeing that coming. I also wonder if the dragon book dropping from Tiamat herself is actually a bug. Would make sense if that the extra 10+ days to unlock the key is not just for an extra chance to drop equipment, considering that it can also drop if the hoard level is just high enough...

Vaarna_Aarne

Given that the second Tiamat boon takes the previous two books as well and a fuckload of Favors, I think they removed the book from chest drops for Tiamat out of mercy.

Norfleet

Ahoy thar, Vaarna. What be you up to? Anything new and interesting going on?

Vaarna_Aarne

Speed racism as usual, only this time I actually intend to use the new boat. Besides that, I'm clearing the reps in Neverwinter and eventually unlocking off-hand artifacts at least for Wizard and Warlock.

Gerrard

Arcane
Stockpile your gifts so we can later open them in a party, it's a pain in the ass having to do it for every single one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom