Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights (NWN & NWN2) Modules Thread

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
It's the Project Q take on the Calishite Bastard Sword. The special properties are a result of using the rune on it, that only Paladins receive.

calishite%2Bbastard%2Bsword.jpg

Crichton

Prophet
Playing PoE got me in the mood for a little RTwP so I reinstalled NWN2 and tried out a novel Storm of Zehir party I thought of a while ago:

Ranger 1 / Druid X (Able Learner)
Rogue 1 / Druid X (Able Learner)
Cleric (Domains: Animal/Time)
Cleric (Domains: Animal/Strength)
Druid Cohort
Ranger Cohort

The point of this unorthodox set-up is that you can have six Deinonychi animal companions (if you spend one of the NPC ranger's feats on dinosaur companion). I envisioned a party sitting back with enchanted longbows while the dinosaurs ran rampant.

On the plus side, it really is a lot of fun watching the pack of giant predatory chickens overrunning the various trash encounters. However I hadn't really counted on all the tiny SoZ areas; navigability for a 12-member party is just awful in many of the tiny cave dungeons. I'm still on the fence about whether it's worth the hassle if you can only really make use of the animal companions outdoors.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Why people still create mods for this in 2016?"

What is funny about this statement here is at the time of its release the mantra espciially on the Codex was that 'nobody would remember or play' NWN IN 10 YEARS becuase it was 'utterly forgetabble'. LMFAO Yet, in 2016 people are still playing it, a game got shit on and their developer went out of business for failing at their NWN wannabe. LMFAO

NWN = BEST GAME EVAR.

Last edited:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
So, Ludo Lense and I are tackling NWN 1 now for the CRPG Book review. Gonna be the only 4-page review in the book, with an entire page just for modules.

I've already asked this at the NWN Vault, but help us do this right Codex - what modules are absolute must-play modules / resources / persistent worlds, and why?

Ninjerk

Arcane
So, Ludo Lense and I are tackling NWN 1 now for the CRPG Book review. Gonna be the only 4-page review in the book, with an entire page just for modules.

I've already asked this at the NWN Vault, but help us do this right Codex - what modules are absolute must-play modules / resources / persistent worlds, and why?
Lilura

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

I remember asking nealiios about that, wonder what happened.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Lilura

I'll pass. Much of the book is written by rank amateurs with bad taste (e.g, the Diablo 2 entry is embarrassing) and I think felipepepe is just another bluffing buffoon of the Codex. Plus it's 2016; no one gives a fuck about a book.

It's just a turn off and I would never play on this guy's server, no matter how good it looks; "typical modder" springs to mind.
He's a nice guy.. Very passionate and gets a little emo when he can't get things done. 'Typical Modder' is a perfect description of him. lol

I was imagining if the server ever got off the ground... ppl invest hundreds of hours role-playing their chars and then you have this frivolous chump pulling the plug everytime he stubs his toe or something.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
It's just a turn off and I would never play on this guy's server, no matter how good it looks; "typical modder" springs to mind.
He's a nice guy.. Very passionate and gets a little emo when he can't get things done. 'Typical Modder' is a perfect description of him. lol

I was imagining if the server ever got off the ground... ppl invest hundreds of hours role-playing their chars and then you have this frivolous chump pulling the plug everytime he stubs his toe or something.

I doubt that would happen.
He was doing a "This is hopeless.. I'll never get this finished.." as opposed to a "I'm taking my toys and going home!!!"

Huge Difference there IMO.

If he had any programming background I have no doubt he would do the entire thing himself.
But yes.. Typical modder gonna typical modder. ;)

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
One thing's for certain, he has pretty mad area design skills... use of lighting and color is good and sets a consistent tone, though a lil' polished and modern for my tastes. To be fair, much of that is due to Project Q.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
One thing's for certain, he has pretty mad area design skills... use of lighting and color is good and sets a consistent tone, though a lil' polished and modern for my tastes. To be fair, much of that is due to Project Q.

He's not the only area creator. He gets a lot of help.
You should stop lurking the Bioware forums and hop on the Neverwinter vault IRC.

Then you can talk to all your heros real time. That's how I connected with the creator of A Dance With Rogues. :bounce:

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Does Aielund Saga work well in multiplayer? I want to do some modules with some friends.

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Any others you recommend? Most of the big name ones people praise are SP only like Swordflight or Darkness over Daggerford and apparently have script issues in MP.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Any others you recommend? Most of the big name ones people praise are SP only like Swordflight or Darkness over Daggerford apparently have script issues in MP.

The Prophet is decent with friends.. Only one character can be the Prophet (The One who gets the coin).. but it's still a fun time and fully supports multiplayer.

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
I'll check that one out thanks. I think starting with the OC was a mistake since it whittled down the number of people interested in playing NWN to just 3 people. It means I can actually enjoy the stories though.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
I'll check that one out thanks. I think starting with the OC was a mistake since it whittled down the number of people interested in playing NWN to just 3 people. It means I can actually enjoy the stories though.

Whenever I start getting too many friends.. I host a NWN OC party. That usually solves that problem for a few years.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Cave of Songs can be played before Prophet and also supports MP (read Baldecaran's docs for more details). Sands of Fate is another epic that apparently supports MP. Try scoping this list out and then going to the specific entry... it should tell you whether or not there is MP support (I'm not big on MP, sorry).

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sands of Fate... well there's a lot of sudden deaths in that thing, also equipment dissolving slimes, be warned.

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
I'll pass. Much of the book is written by rank amateurs with bad taste (e.g, the Diablo 2 entry is embarrassing) and I think felipepepe is just another bluffing buffoon of the Codex. Plus it's 2016; no one gives a fuck about a book.

:(

Tis' the curse of an open project (For the record, I dislike several entries in the book in their current form, Diablo 2 among them).

I already know what I want to say regarding OC, SOU and HOTU but user made stuff is a different beast. I played the big ones such as Aielund Saga or the Swordflight Series and I have a special liking towards the Rose of Eternity in all its pseudo-JRPG glory but there is a ridiculous amount of top tier quality content made by users.

Last edited:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Almost three years working on the book, +300 pages done, and I'm still just bluffing... :shittydog:

I know some reviews need work - the Diablo 2 and Mass Effect 2 are being entirely re-written. But feedback is a lot more useful than cold shoulders.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom