Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Left 4 Dead game announced...

deuxhero

Arcane
...it's a Japanese arcade game?!

http://nesica.net/news/detail/?nid=155

Completely shitty bio translations...

Top guy is a university student, was (going?) on a to trip to America when the zombies came
Japanese high school student. Art club member and kind hearted.
American bartender at a hotel lounge. Used to be in the US Navy.
Half American half Japanese tour guide.

(Yes, seriously, the high school girl is the only one without "America" in her profile... And yet for all this American the English in the trailer is uh...)

Japanese names tend to be a clusterfuck even when people aren't trying to be unique (I'm pretty sure it's part of why the business card thing exists), so I can really only say the American is "Jordan Blake"/"Blake Jordan" (any of the many variations of spelling either one has are possible, as long as its pronounced the same).

edit: Apparently this is slightly old news (weekish) but few English places have talked about it.

Last edited:

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
That's hardly news. I just got back from Tokyo and there's been ads in the arcades about this game for weeks.

deuxhero

Arcane
And the ellipse didn't clue you in on it being

That's hardly news. I just got back from Tokyo and there's been ads in the arcades about this game for weeks.

Interesting. Just shows how slow the western "news" is then that most sites are only reporting about it now (like right now).

Cazzeris

Same thing happenned with Half-Life.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom