Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review New Wave Gaming drools all over KOTOR

Jed

Cipher
Vault Dweller said:
Gromnir attacked me if I'm not mistaken, and I never said anything offensive about him or his writing style. Some people who were reading the thread made some comments about it and that was it. So, what's up with making stuff up and blowing events out of proportion? :?
Yeah, what's up Volourn. You always get so testy when I exaggerate, calling me a liar--the 'Codex rubbing off on you? You know what Nietzsche about starining into abysses and whatnot...

Northernlion

Novice
XJEDX said:
Northernlion said:
I'll give you that one, quite clever. I'm still elated that a site run by 15-year olds was considered important enough to be posted on here, you made my day, really. :D
Fifteen would explain the defensiveness...

What's the age on offensiveness, then? :D

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Volourn said:
Oh? You mean the RPGCodexers. Just read the stuff with Gromnir, and see how quickly RPGCodexers "can't handle criticism" as they make fun of Gromnir's "writing style" when that is basically irrelevant.

Trollyboy also got a quick smack down with lots of tasty links disproving what he was saying. That and the gerbilling thing was just good, clean fun.

Northernlion said:

For me, it was around 26.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Volourn said:
Oh? You mean the RPGCodexers. Just read the stuff with Gromnir, and see how quickly RPGCodexers "can't handle criticism" as they make fun of Gromnir's "writing style" when that is basically irrelevant.

Gromnir was asking for it. No one was getting upset over being criticized. They were flaming a troll who asked for it. Nothing more nothing less. So what if fun was made of his writing style? He's a dink. Now, granted, some of the people around here could handle things with a bit more tact, but for the most part, people get what they deserve around here. This is the only forum I have ever stuck with past three posts with the exception of beta testing forums that I am a part of. I would fully expect if I said something stupid on here that someone would point it out to me. If they didn't, I would begin to wonder if pod people were taking this site over. :P

Gromnir

Liturgist
Saint_Proverbius said:
Volourn said:

Trollyboy also got a quick smack down with lots of tasty links disproving what he was saying. That and the gerbilling thing was just good, clean fun.

Northernlion said:

we got smacked down? by somebody on this board? you think the gerbil thing was a particularly witty response?

HA!

you kids is hilarious. you jokers just helped prove our point 'bout lack of objective coverage over here... and the homogenized zealots that comprise most of the posters here is as amusing as is staff… but keep up good work. we really do like the site. fact that you folks take self so serious and react so poorly to criticisms directed at you is just making more fun, not less.

again, thanks for the chuckles.

HA! Good Fun!

DrattedTin

Liturgist
Gromnir said:
Saint_Proverbius said:
Volourn said:

Northernlion said:

we got smacked down? by somebody on this board? you think the gerbil thing was a particularly witty response?

HA!

you kids is hilarious. you jokers just helped prove our point 'bout lack of objective coverage over here... and the homogenized zealots that comprise most of the posters here is as amusing as is staff… but keep up good work. we really do like the site. fact that you folks take self so serious and react so poorly to criticisms directed at you is just making more fun, not less.

again, thanks for the chuckles.

HA! Good Fun!

We is witty as can of rusty nails.

HA! Good fun. :D

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Perhaps it is a lack of observational talent or a lack of imagination, or perhaps both, on my behalf; but I do not see how typing like an illiterate can, in any way, be equated to clever wit, intelligence or dare I say "comedic genius".

If someone (preferrably Volourn, any number of lackeys of the man, or even Gromnir himself) gracefully care to point out what I'm missing, I would be delightfully appreciative of the effort.

Amasius

Augur
Holy shit. I forgive the thread necromancing for this blast from the past. Damn, many posts are sooo full of irony now...

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Northernlion said:
So how's everybody doin'.
NewWaveGaming.com has come to an end, I see. So how did that all work out for you?

Hazelnut

Erudite
The Walkin' Dude said:
Why doesn't anyone ever mention this Otaku_Hanzo?

I, and probably others, have done from time to time - alas his memory is fading now as people come and go.

(oh, and I always spell his name wrong by transposing the t & k, which is weird because I'm pretty sure I'm not dyslexic)

Morbus

Scholar
Ah well, RPG codex once again winning over lame mainstream gaming sites...

Just so you see you dumb fucks!!!z

Hazelnut

Erudite
Morbus said:
Ah well, RPG codex once again winning over lame mainstream gaming sites...

Just so you see you dumb fucks!!!z

Sigh, this post makes me wish this thread had stayed buried.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
The Walkin' Dude said:
Why doesn't anyone ever mention this Otaku_Hanzo?
He was a furry, so people erased the memory of him ASAP so as not to live with unclean memories.

sheek

Arbiter
Was he your mentor in degeneracy?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom