Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian General Discussion Thread

Deadass

Savant
motherfuckers better be ready to drop indiana

Drakortha

Liturgist
Just going to randomly leave this here.

Back in 2011 when I played New Vegas was when I first heard of Obsidian and Josh Sawyer. After checking out his vlogs on game development on Youtube, he also had videos on biking and his bikes also appeared numerous times in the background. Something in my head just *clicked*, like I realized "What the fuck, I can do gaming but also be fit and healthy and go outside and not be a fat shut-in (as I was)". So I went out and purchased my own bike and started biking.

7 years later, I am still riding. I've lost total of 50 pounds got toned as fuck and in best shape of my life. Cheers Josh :)

Prime Junta

You should tell that to Josh. He'll be chuffed to hear it. I believe that under that rough German exterior beats a warm, human heart.

2house2fly

Magister
Someone once said to him they went to Zion National Park after playing Honest Hearts and it was so beautiful they couldn't play Honest Hearts again because it's a pale imitation, and he said something like "good because my goal was to make you want to go to Zion". So yeah I bet he'd be pleased to hear his sperging about bikes actually had a positive effect on someone's life

Cross

Arcane
You should tell that to Josh. He'll be chuffed to hear it. I believe that under that rough German exterior beats a warm, human heart.

Besides, being fat is un:balance:.
QUOTE]
mainbody_groupshot-stephen-bokkes-josh-sawyer-scott-warner-chris-avellone-john-deiley-reg-arnedo-1024x734.jpg

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
look at how high he wore his jeans!

Speaking from a place of privilege, age, and fat-assedness, when you reach a certain circumference, you can either wear your pants/belt below your enormous belly or try to tuck said belly into your pants in the mistaken belief that the belt will work like a girdle and make you svelte and attractive to... someone.

Looks like JES went with the latter approach in his younger days. On the other hand, he actually lost the weight and I have a feeling some of us (probably some of the americans) remain fat as fuck.

Prime Junta

Fashion bro. At a certain time in the late 80s and early 90s jeans were cut practically nipple-high.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Fashion is the reason women's jeans are being sold to men nowadays. Also, spend less on materials, offer at higher prices.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA

Speaking from a place of privilege, age, and fat-assedness, when you reach a certain circumference, you can either wear your pants/belt below your enormous belly or try to tuck said belly into your pants in the mistaken belief that the belt will work like a girdle and make you svelte and attractive to... someone.

Looks like JES went with the latter approach in his younger days. On the other hand, he actually lost the weight and I have a feeling some of us (probably some of the americans) remain fat as fuck.

It looks fucking disgusting and ugly if someone fat wears the pants/belt below your belly, I'd rather see them wore like Sawyer does in that pic.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Fashion bro. At a certain time in the late 80s and early 90s jeans were cut practically nipple-high.
Fashion is the reason women's jeans are being sold to men nowadays. Also, spend less on materials, offer at higher prices.

Wearing jeans more towards the waist is much more comfortable, and looks better IMO, particularly if you're full in the seat. The reason why the jeans in that photo look silly is mostly due to the wash of the denim. The wash on all of their jeans looks terrible / would get laughs/weird looks down the street today.

While it hasn't hit mainstream mens fashion yet, higher rise and fuller fits are coming back as people see photos from the 40s-50s and go how the fuck did we get here from there?

Lighter wash denim requires a 'natural' look, the right cut and the right complementary clothing to work correctly, this is probably the best example I've seen in recent times

21568450_202569553614771_6313397561986121728_n.jpg

The bottom 3 darker washes here would look better in the cuts they are wearing in the photo

17077043_597807147095464_5328361531501445120_n.jpg

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

Also true. And with fashion being cyclical, it's no shock that high-waists are coming back, at least on the women's side.

It looks fucking disgusting and ugly if someone fat wears the pants/belt below your belly, I'd rather see them wore like Sawyer does in that pic.

I'm not arguing. From my perspective, it looks disgusting and ugly either way. That's the joy of being obese.

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Imagine if Obsidian Entertainment was called Plunderers of Virginity Inc. (a reference to their 'Pillars of Eternity' toy line).

Imagine if Josh Sawyer and Katrina Garsten at October 14 2017 9:18 knocked on your door, absolutely destroyed your significant other, and then told you "You're a virgin".

You counter with "No, I'm not." Upon which they say "You have no idea how right you are..."

Rlh5oui.png

2house2fly

Magister

Wearing jeans more towards the waist is much more comfortable, and looks better IMO, particularly if you're full in the seat. The reason why the jeans in that photo look silly is mostly due to the wash of the denim. The wash on all of their jeans looks terrible / would get laughs/weird looks down the street today.

While it hasn't hit mainstream mens fashion yet, higher rise and fuller fits are coming back as people see photos from the 40s-50s and go how the fuck did we get here from there?

Lighter wash denim requires a 'natural' look, the right cut and the right complementary clothing to work correctly, this is probably the best example I've seen in recent times

21568450_202569553614771_6313397561986121728_n.jpg

The bottom 3 darker washes here would look better in the cuts they are wearing in the photo

17077043_597807147095464_5328361531501445120_n.jpg
Where on earth are you living where people point and laugh at inferior jeans on the street:codexisfor:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Australia of course. :D

BTW I'm not seriously claiming that higher rise is always better, there is some optimal rise, but I think it's subjective and it's higher than where they offer it right now.

Too low cut jeans and you get your package all compressed down there, and when you sit, your shirt is halfway out on your back. It's really horrible.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom