Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Official codex Star Trek Online topic :salute:

Davidshky

Scholar
I don't have the Plesh Brek so that would mean that to get the raider and carrier I would have two first do 25x2 races, then 2x2 more for both of them to get all 3 ships. Then I have 24 other characters that must do 3 races each (except 1 that has the chell grett).

50 + 4 + 72 -1 = 125 races!

Though tbh, as long as I spread out the alts races it might not be that bad.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Does anyone play sto anymore, and did they add stuff for beam weapons?
Oh we do (in fact, we reached Starbase 5 a few weeks back), and beams are good nowadays thanks to Fire At Will getting its power drain fixed and Cruisers getting an aura that reduces weapon drain, along with generally higher power levels.

Stokowski

Arcane
I've not logged on since the colossal suckage of the DR release. Playing EVE instead. Worthless traitor that I am. :)

Norfleet

Well, you should round up all your stuff and sell it to Eggy Friend, then. Unless you don't have any stuff.

Still, EVE? Really? I would have figured that the game had been running for so many years that the place has long since been taken over, leaving no room for you.

Subject37

Educated
I'm not doing the race with characters I don't intend to fly the ships with.

But you'd only be going after the carrier, right? You already have the Chel Grett and the Plesh Brek? If you're going to unlock the Sarr Thein for one character at that point there's not really any good reason to not unlock it for all of them.

Having said that, I do regret taking the time to unlock the Plesh Brek last year. I've never flown raiders, don't like raiders, and have never used that ship for any of my characters. It's still boxed for all of my alts save the one I unpacked to potentially use for Codex NWS runs.

Last edited:

Drakron

Arcane
That still hasn't been fixed, eh?

Well it seems they are trying the "lets make leveling take 4 months" approach, that would work if they werent so lazy fucktards and realized the reason why it works on other games is there are quest chains to give players the sense of progress, XP mob grind doesnt work post-WoW.

Leveling is so slowly I am just finishing kill accolades because thats the only sense of progress I can get, not do some shit to get 2k out of a 150k bar as a reward.

Drakron

Arcane
I am sorry but I am not crazy enough to go R&D Pack gambling because remember the Voth White Rabbit ship? This looks to be the same deal ... open the C-Store R&D Packs for a chance to get that ship.

If it goes to the market it looks to be the same deal, 500 Million EC ...

Davidshky

Scholar
Which is why I must start saving EC.

I have around 100-110 mil right now and I'm about to sell a new batch of catfood and suliban slaves tomorrow. I think I make maybe 50-70 mil each batch and each batch takes 5-6 days so lets say 10 mil EC per day in doffing income.

If I sell some other stuff I have I should be able to afford it in a month. Merry grindmas to me.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
It's workable, so I'll take what I get. The trait is p. good for carriers.

EDIT: From the new patch notes:

Embassy Romulan Bridge Officers can now have their uniforms customized in the Tailor.
  • These uniform options will not include faction specific uniforms such as Starfleet uniforms.
  • This also is applied to all Embassy Romulan Bridge Officers which have already been purchased.

Last edited:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I am by no means a carrier player, but how useful is a pet heal really? When I flew the arrrrrrkif, my elite scorpions blew up if somebody so much a sneezed at them. Unless their hitpoints have been considerably buffed, I expect an even shorter life against Delta Raisin enemies.

Subject37

Educated
I am by no means a carrier player, but how useful is a pet heal really? When I flew the arrrrrrkif, my elite scorpions blew up if somebody so much a sneezed at them. Unless their hitpoints have been considerably buffed, I expect an even shorter life against Delta Raisin enemies.

Probably not of much use if you're going to run fighters, since the way to "heal" them is to simply have your hanger spit more of them out. It will be more useful if you're planning on using the beefier frigates though, that actually CAN hang in a fight.

Last edited:

eklektyk

Erudite
i was like meh a carrier but after some evaluation it looks like it might be fun for my sci space elf after all ...so im kinda torn on how to grind that 1000 photos ...might go for it [but since i dont have any previous ships unlocked special consoles bonuses are a no go ]

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom