Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Official codex Star Trek Online topic :salute:

Drakron

Arcane
Well Omega Particles game mission is busted, doesnt acknowledge success beyond the first game and doesnt even work at times.

Party Patrol gives marks, thats another mission.

Also the Kobali Set is timegated, you have to come on the 5th to get the first part ... "healthy and growing" indeed ...

Subject37

Educated
Why on earth would you not use a T6 ship?

I'm easing into it. I've shelled out the zen for exactly 1 T6 ship so far, a Mat'ha. All my others are T5s that I already owned, and were upgraded to T5U or FT5U either for free or using tokens I bought off the exchange. I do fly the Sarr Theln on one alt and I'm planning on grabbing the Kobali cruiser simply to have the option of using it if I choose. Seems like it'd be a pretty boring ship based on the stats. Some T6 ships I don't really see the point of owning, unless you happen to be new to the game, in which case you absolutely should ignore every T5 ship and get to T6 asap. Convince me that the Pathfinder is superior to a T5U Vesta, or that the Guardian is superior to a FT5U Regent or Excelsior.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Until a fleet version of those T6 becomes available, I wouldn't switch from a FT5U. After that... maybe. But until then a lot of new ships will have popped up that may be even superior to current T6s. Fingers crossed for the T6 Derpi!

Drakron

Arcane
Seems like it'd be a pretty boring ship based on the stats.

The thing is the Avenger/Mogh are the closest to it and they are Ens and Lt Cmdr Tac, Cmd Eng, Lt. Science and Lt Uni so you are trading a Ensign Tact for a Lt Eng/Cmd hybrid ... there are no other options at 5/3 weapons and yes, you lose a lot of turn rate (9 vs 6.5) and no cloak but it comes with a conolse, Assault Mode, that if it works like the D'Kora console will close that gap.

What I was simply saying is there is no T5 equivalent that is better outside turn rate, this simply is a better choice overall ... if you have the Mogh then you might lose the build-in cloak but this is simply +1 to a station and +1 to a console to the Fleet versions of those ships.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Fingers crossed for the T6 Derpi!

Seems like a no brainer to me. Introduce T6 refit versions of fan-favorite ships and fleece the user base into buying them again? You'd think Cryptic would be all over that idea.
I thought so as well, especially after they released the Voyager Pathfinder and I fully expected them to release a T6 Defiant/Sovereign (or at least a T6 Oddy), considering it only takes minimal effort (a new skin) to make a quick buck. A T6 Oddy/Derpi/Bortas would even fit into the new command route. Yeah I know, the Scimiturd is the new flagship now, but STFU!
But I like the Guardian well enough to stick to it, same with the Martha... but the Fartbird is not really my style. Thanks for the trait, off to the hangar with you. I'm gonna keep my Cybershekelz until that moment.
:keepmymoney:

God, I am starting to sound like the creepy "We want a T5 T6 Constitshun!" crowd right? :roll:

Davidshky

Scholar
I wish they would release a "T6" Constitution for 3000 zen that has identical stats to the T1 conny just to shut people up.

Maybe give it some silly ship trait or something but otherwise the same console, weapon and boff layout.

Drakron

Arcane
I think Norfleet would love the Omega minigame, even I can see how it can be multibox farmed.

That is likely what is happening.

Davidshky

Scholar
It's a new event minigame where you collect small colorful things moving down 4 lanes for 50 seconds and then get a reward that can be used to craft a tech upgrade that' better than the other tech upgrades and require no dilithium to use.

You don't even have to do anything to get some reward, just start the minigame and wait.

Drakron

Arcane
Yes ... entirely free Superior Upgrade Kits that give twice as much points and quality upgrade chance with no Dilithium costs.

And all you need is camp points, sure they need crafting but 100% success chance meaning even common DOFF are more that enough ...

Bliblablubb

Arcane
The minigame is pretty pointless since you get the same reward if you do anything or not. Color of the particle is determined by the system, so spend 15 mins per day at Drozana (yellow), Granalda (blue) and whereever red is (Qonos) and cash in your reward. Drozana is even more fun, because half of the time the minigame ends after 1 second, giving you an instant particle.
I assume they will "fix" the game next week... seriously, what a lazy and buggy event coding this year.

Edit: It's even better: those morons put the Bajor particles on a map that is only used in the "Cracked Mirror" mission. I have no words to describe those guys anymore.

Last edited:

Davidshky

Scholar
Actually the score does kinda determine what you get but it's still like 50% RNGesus.

If you do nothing you're guaranteed to get a shit reward like a color/silver trace but if you get a really high score you can get omega shards or even fragments.

Drakron

Arcane
Nope, location gives the same particle color.

Better score gives a chance of uncommon and rare particles and I stress the word "chance".

I have no words to describe those guys anymore.

You must improve your vocabulary, let us use "washout" ... after all Rivera have a incomplete degree in Biochemistry ... you know ... "themed"

Last edited:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Best score I could come up with was 800 or so, still nothing better than a trace. The game itself is also weirdly laggy for me: everytime the speed increases, it either jumps forward a few seconds or loads a different constellation, making it impossible to get a higher score... :argh:
Meh, gonna try it again tonight, if I still get nothing better than a trace I stick to pressing F and going afk again.

Davidshky

Scholar
Btw, use the mouse for the minigame.

And 800 is kinda shite which is why you get shitty rewards. Get over 2000 and you should start getting better stuff pretty frequently. I've gotten a few shards and fragments from scoring 2600.

Drakron

Arcane
Twitch gaming faggoty.

I get 1000 in a good day, I am not using a mouse since its too fucking fast and I would miss more that way ... still got some silvers that way but I dont give a shite, since they arent bind in any way I suspect botters will flood the exchange with the kits or the particles since they can have a nice farming operation going on, even at 100 ec for particle they can make millions that way.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Indeed, I'm waiting on the EX flood myself as well. I just can't be assed to give a damn about this sort of thing.

Drakron

Arcane
Lag hell doesnt help and I utter disinterested in upgrades because what I am even using MK XIV gear on? Queues when PUGs pretty much dead?

Drakron

Arcane
Well the good news for me is the only remaining chain I have left I give half a shit is Facility that is just 4/6 ... Ghosts is broken.

Also we have a new EP, Stephen Ricossa as D’Angelo just left to go back to just Chief Technology Officer ... cannot say its good news or bad news.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom