Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

On keybindings and remapping

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
This. Whose addled mind decided WASD was right and proper? Pinky resting on Caps Lock makes so much sense. It's baffling that WASD is the default.
Why does your keyboard have Caps Lock in the place of Shift?

Alternatively, if your pinky finger is as long as your ring finger you probably have too many chromosomes. Or too few.

It doesn't. What's up with your hand that if you slide your hand left one key from normal typing position with pinky on A that it doesn't end up on Caps Lock. Granted it's not difficult to slide it down to shift in that case, but I still don't get moving away from the default typing position.

Gerrard

Arcane
This. Whose addled mind decided WASD was right and proper? Pinky resting on Caps Lock makes so much sense. It's baffling that WASD is the default.
Why does your keyboard have Caps Lock in the place of Shift?

Alternatively, if your pinky finger is as long as your ring finger you probably have too many chromosomes. Or too few.

It doesn't. What's up with your hand that if you slide your hand left one key from normal typing position with pinky on A that it doesn't end up on Caps Lock. Granted it's not difficult to slide it down to shift in that case, but I still don't get moving away from the default typing position.
In the typing position your hand is at a different angle. You don't use the same angle for WASD because you want your middle finger to be on W not S. Well, at least I don't. If you curl all the fingers the same amount your pinky would probably end on Shift.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS ALSO REBIND CLASSIC GAMES FOR WASD

OTHER THAN THAT ASSUMING THERE IS NO HORRIBLE OBVIOUS PROBLWM I REBIND AS THE GAME DEMANDS DEPENDING ON HOW OFTEBN KEYS ARE USED

NOT REBNDING KEYS IS JUST POPAMOLE

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom