Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Paradox has bought White Wolf, plans on giving "some fresh blood" to the WoD/Vampire IPs

Lucky

Arcane
Exalted looks like a suyper shit japanese-animation Saturday cartoon

exalted_2nd_ed___wyld___color_by_chriss2d.jpg

If you like this shit, seriously consider killing yourself.

Anime was a mistake.

Now this is not a horrible idea. Particularly since we will be freed from Ulmicati terrible event ideas.

It's a good setting when the designers are drawing inspiration from mythology and books like the Gods of Pegāna - that’s when the titular Exalted are classical heroes and there’s interesting mixes of weird shit going on. The setting is trash, however, when they instead start taking cues from American-style comic books and cheap Japanese animation. The latter has gotten more and more influential over time, resulting in a shift towards making the Exalted more and more like super heroes and all the stupidity which that entails. You can see this in how the Solars, who are poster-boys of the setting, have changed over time. Their theme of perfection used to be more heavily focused on the impossibility of that and how their flaws led to tragedy, while eventually their flaws practically disappeared and they became superior to everyone.
The artwork has also always been fairly cheap and done by people who love the comic-style, so it’s terrible looking and actively detracts from the setting with the whole ‘awesomeness’ aesthetic - that picture you found is nowhere near how bad it gets. I actually read about the setting before I ever saw any of the artwork and much preferred it that way.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
They should make digital version of VTES. Jump on the CCG bandwagon with something that isn't a shallow MTG clone.

lightbane

Arcane
Oh my gosh, great news! Perhaps we'll eventually get another WW game at fucking last! Granted, nowadays I doubt stuff like Wraith, ODemon or OWerewolf and the others could work due the dreaded political correctness, but it's a good start anyway. :incline:

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
inb4 mobile games
I don't think this IP has much potential for mobile shovelware stuff. Since paradox is full of those historical games what would be cool is using that expertise for a Dark Ages WoD CRPG. At least brooding goths with trenchcoat and katanas would be ruled out from the start.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
"Vampire is particularly exciting as it is “the world’s second best-selling role-playing and is special because half of all players are women.”

Star Stable: Bloodlines incoming.

Neanderthal

Arcane
Never particularly cared for WoD rule system, not really good at what it says it's doing, but Bloodlines were good and Redemption tolerable so I suppose it's all in implementation.

garren

Arcane
Patron
Well Obsidian and Paradox have history and Obsidian has more experience making RPGs than them, so can't see why that wouldn't work.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom