Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

made

Arcane
The upcoming 1-month event should be fun:

Proposed Schedule of League Mods
Day 1-3: Warbands, Invasion, Nemesis and Domination.
Day 4-6: Warbands, Anarchy, Bloodlines and Beyond.
Day 7-8: All league mods except Tempest.
Day 9-11: Tempest, Domination, Nemesis and Beyond.
Day 12-13: Tempest, Ambush, Invasion and Torment.
Day 14-15: All league mods except Warbands.
Day 16-18: Warbands, Anarchy, Nemesis, Invasion and Torment.
Day 19-20: Warbands, Rampage, Ambush, Beyond and Onslaught.
Day 21-22: All league mods except Tempest.
Day 23-25: Tempest, Rampage, Bloodlines, Invasion, Nemesis and Torment.
Day 26-27: Tempest, Beyond, Rampage, Ambush, Domination and Onslaught.
Day 28-30: All league mods except Warbands.

Pure insanity. I hope they've fixed map crashes in the meantime.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
The upcoming 1-month event should be fun:

Pure insanity. I hope they've fixed map crashes in the meantime.
Haha that really seems like a retarded fun, may even get back for some action, I heard incinerate is back in style.

made

Arcane
But I was under the impression that the 2.0 made it even more desirable for some reason.
2.0 removed shotgunning for spells and upped their base damage in turn which ended up as a massive buff for Incinerate. It's not very satisfying to play though; it lacks the visual impact of other, crit-based skills.

T. Reich

Arcane
But I was under the impression that the 2.0 made it even more desirable for some reason.

Nope, the opposite actually. It lost a bit of its kick due to "no shotgunning" rule enforcement, and the casters in general lost the old powerhouse of EB + MoM + AA defense mechanism. BUT even after that incinerate builds are still pretty good.

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
-cast on crit builds that roll a single +elemental dmg on attack mod on their rings or weapon, which will then proc EE while they use their physical attack that triggers the cast on crit (spells of the other 2 elements obviously)

If I understand you correctly, cast on crit fire damage, meaning enemies get resistances to fire. Meanwhile you deal cold damage with your main skill. Is that it?

Still it wouldn't time exactly every 5 seconds.

made

Arcane
If I understand you correctly, cast on crit fire damage, meaning enemies get resistances to fire. Meanwhile you deal cold damage with your main skill. Is that it?

Still it wouldn't time exactly every 5 seconds.
More like you roll added fire on ring to proc EE while you cyclone, link cold and lightning spells on COC.

Final event schedule and rewards revealed:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1430134

Seems to offer something for everybody. I guess I'm in, although I could puke when I think about leveling masters from scratch again.

T. Reich

Arcane
I'm in for 1month as well this time around, gotta get me at least one of those armor mtx suits, I guess.
Plus, I actually want to try out tempests, because I totally skipped on the HC league this time around.

I never got why people seemed so upset about re-leveling masters, though.
Getting started with masters is piss-easy, and once you get a hideout (from the first lvl3 master you get), in a couple of days you'll have a medium hideout with at least one lvl5 master.
Once you got there, getting them all to lvl6 via rotations takes very little time as well, and after that there's no real reason to level them further, since 90%+ of their crafts become available at lvl6 already.
After that, you can simply pick your (3) favourites and do their dailies for the sweet currency deals some of masters have, as well as for rerolling their stock of items including cool master mod items.
And if you happen to need to do some lvl8 master-crafting, it really is much easier to just find a guy doing master service.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
1 month league? Fuck that.
Do you even read about the shit before you dismiss it? Its one month because its a league between the end of Warband/tempest and a set of new 3 month leagues. And as such this 1 month league can be a bit more "over the top" and it will be, in this case it will be a flashback league meaning this league will have elements of all the previous leagues at the same time on some days, and on other days it will have only elements of specific leagues like ambush+torment+domination+rampage etc.

So, it will be a short, fun league with rules that change dynamically, and you can also win some cosmetic skins for your armour doing some easy challenges.

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
I dismiss based on the fact that it's one month. This isn't summer I don't have the time to even remotely have a satisfying ending with a 1 month league. I know some people have figured way to power level but I can't.

made

Arcane
I never got why people seemed so upset about re-leveling masters, though.
Getting started with masters is piss-easy, and once you get a hideout (from the first lvl3 master you get), in a couple of days you'll have a medium hideout with at least one lvl5 master.
Once you got there, getting them all to lvl6 via rotations takes very little time as well, and after that there's no real reason to level them further, since 90%+ of their crafts become available at lvl6 already.
After that, you can simply pick your (3) favourites and do their dailies for the sweet currency deals some of masters have, as well as for rerolling their stock of items including cool master mod items.
And if you happen to need to do some lvl8 master-crafting, it really is much easier to just find a guy doing master service.
MMO-style daily quests are super tedious. It took weeks upon weeks of sitting in /820, dealing with people and their drama, doing the same repetitive tasks over and over again to get them all to 8 - it's not something I'm keen on repeating. Thankfully, the challenge only requires one lvl 5 master which shouldn't be too bad.

T. Reich

Arcane
Now that im done with crit dagger acrobat and traper builds I have no idea what would I play...
I would go with crit freezing pulse but it is terrible now...
Any cheap caster build in scion/witch/shadow area with good clearing speed(wont care about atziri this time)? Preferably crit

Crit FP terrible? Yeah, right...

How many builds do you know that can do Hall of Grandmasters?

And his gear isn't even top-tier, just good.

T. Reich

Arcane
MMO-style daily quests are super tedious. It took weeks upon weeks of sitting in /820, dealing with people and their drama, doing the same repetitive tasks over and over again to get them all to 8 - it's not something I'm keen on repeating. Thankfully, the challenge only requires one lvl 5 master which shouldn't be too bad.

That was my question exactly - WHY do you feel the need for lvl 8 masters? Unless you plan to do some hardcore crafting, you don't even need lvl 7 masters.
And if you don't need even lvl 7 masters, there's absolutely no need for rotations, because masters level to 6 in really small amount of time, solo.
No need for 820 or waiting for appropriate rotations, just log on for 10-30 mins (depending on what and how many masters you have) and be done with it.

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
Your videos remind me how ranged combat is so much easier its not funny.

On the other hand it's completely dull. The guy in that second vid sounds... thrilled.

made

Arcane
That was my question exactly - WHY do you feel the need for lvl 8 masters? Unless you plan to do some hardcore crafting, you don't even need lvl 7 masters.
And if you don't need even lvl 7 masters, there's absolutely no need for rotations, because masters level to 6 in really small amount of time, solo.
No need for 820 or waiting for appropriate rotations, just log on for 10-30 mins (depending on what and how many masters you have) and be done with it.
But... they go to lvl 8. :S
I like to be self-sufficient, so if I do need a meta mod I can craft it myself. Plus, you get free uniques at lvl 8.

T. Reich

Arcane
But... they go to lvl 8. :S
I like to be self-sufficient, so if I do need a meta mod I can craft it myself. Plus, you get free uniques at lvl 8.

So? Character levels go up to 100. How many lvl100 chars do you have?

Well, if you like to be self-sufficient with master-crafting, you gotta work for it. What's with all the bitching and moaning?
Also, "free" uniques aren't exactly free, and besides, the chance of getting an actually expensive one that costs more than the master's vendor price is about the same as getting it as a drop with 0 IIR. Word of dev.

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
What's so hard in understanding that being a completionist is a pain in the ass when the league only lasts a month?

What I hate the most is that they send you back in Standard, instead of just letting Warband going and creating a new league on top.

made

Arcane
So? Character levels go up to 100. How many lvl100 chars do you have?
Thank God I'm not that OCD. Besides, the last few passives from max level pale in comparison to the utility of lvl 8 masters that you can unlock for all your chars permanently (at least before they nerfed them all to the ground). It's just not something I would do again in temp leagues or the event.

Aothan

Magister
that's an amazing Freezing Pulse, and yea, it makes me wonder about melee (even though I will continue to play melee)

T. Reich

Arcane
I haven't played a proper melee char in over 4 leagues now, I've mostly been doing various casters and a couple of ranged builds because, hey, a caster is the safest way to play PoE :P.

I'll do a proper honest-to-god melee build in the next temp league though (not during 1 month though, I want a longer-term economy to make gearing easier). It's been long overdue.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom