Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Aothan

Magister
Pay to trade will be implemented shortly, it is going to be controversial

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Seeing the current backlash I wouldn't be surprised if they just gave everyone 1 premium stash tab like a lot of people suggested so everyone can use the new trade improvements. Wouldn't be the first time GGG came around to fix something money-related. Last time was when people were complaining about the lackluster supporter pack content and they just added a bunch of stuff to them even though they didn't really have to.

Aothan

Magister
yes it would be very GGGish to adjust proposed additions so that everyone can have reasonable measures of equivalency within their play for free model. Which will probably be for the best here, although I think this is mostly a mild difference for a free game of this calibre, it is so slightly on the side of 'pay2win' that if they want to retain that status then they may need to make some concession of this sort

Gerrard

Arcane
Meanwhile at GGG

giphy.gif

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Traps/Totems/Minions cannot generate charges for the player.

Not sure on the mechanics behind Blast Cascade and the saboteur passive that triggers all of them after the first one gets triggered by an enemy.

Aothan

Magister
Sunder and Earthquake are the new melee skills, I thought there would be another few additions, well that most likely means Glacial

Orb of Storms looks good but the design is odd, whilst not dedicated to the 'meta' in anyway it is seemingly obvious this spell is superfluous in most instances, so perhaps it functions for stronger special and unique types

T. Reich

Arcane
From what I've seen from the Alpha footage, Orb of Storms is an amazing support spell for any lightning skill user.
It can be used to proc an amazing variety of effects - CoH, blind, culling, knockback, pcoc...

Supported with strong dps gems, it can be used to clear trash mobs while you're on the move, or it could be used to quickly proc with a different lightning skill.

Imagine casting it (supported by knockback) as a ranged char right at your feet and then just blasting away - any mob that comes close will be zapped and knocked back real fast.
Imagine using it with a fast lightning melee skill to proc several times per second in melee, utterly destroying anything nearby - lightning strike, static strike, wild strike...
Storm call has a good synery with it. In fact, if the base damage on Orb of Storms is any good, you could use it as main damaging spell and storm call as a ery fast triggering tool with extra good damage on top of single targets.

Aothan

Magister
speaking of Orb of Storms, ZiggyD has outlined a useful starting character for the new leagues which uses Storm Call and Orb of Storms, for that matter it is also using the Hierophant skills I want to try out firstly

however I have a very different pathway in mind, notably Ziggy is passing all but one of the armour and defensive nodes in the starting Templar area and then transitions through the Witch and Shadow areas, whilst I may try to reach the Life and Mana nodes area (or conversely cross the Scion's Energy shield wheel for Dreamer and adjacent nodes) it is the accentuated effective life pool and defensive capabilities that make the Hierophant's skills particularly relevant to the character I want to try

still, I've used Storm Call for early level purposes before and from what I can tell from the video the new changes to Storm Call could make the same more naturally practical for higher levels as well

Padre

Liturgist
Ffs dunno what to play. So many good options. RF totem Chieftain? Hierophant sparker (or even totem spark)? Classic SRS summoner witch? FFS.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Can pre-existing characters join temporary leagues or is it only for newly created chars?
Only for fresh and new chars that start at level 1, and the stash is empty. Basically, you start from scratch.

But, this thing that happens today is both an Expansion and new league. The existing characters can take part in the expansion content, namely the labirynth and the ascendancy classes because it will be available in standard league too. Only the Perandus league, Perandus coins, Perandus vendor, and Perandus League challenges are exclusive to the new league.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
That hierophant's node is pretty cool actually. Turning 4-links into 5-links is huge in early game.

ZiggyD had awesome survivability and decent damage on that video. Who wants to bet that lightning call will be one of the most popular skill in early league.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Double Perandus Box inside Barkuls area is worse than double beyond.

Having the server crash on you during the last 25% of Daresso is also not fun, was TPing out for flask refill and it took like 5 seconds so I just logged out. Here's to hoping I'm still alive.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Already past malachai, should be smooth sailing for a while even if the game crashes.

This guy just hit the lottery:
LIwPMvQ.jpg

Arkeus

Arcane
Annnnd died to character log-out speed being super slow. Also because perandus wit hthe big ass proximity shield means my squishy caster had to be in melee

GrainWetski

Arcane
Also had my first death at just level 33. Fucking ghost took over a Perandus guardian(I think, it happened so fast) and I got oneshot. Oh well, time to reroll some other build.

I feel like you get way too many Perandus Coins. Found 3 chests in 3 adjacent rooms and got like 55 of them in 3 minutes.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Those perandus guards spawn too much of content to my screen. I always have to lure a few of them away from the pack to have some sort of playablity.

Aothan

Magister
I found a Tabula Rasa too, first time, and when it initially dropped I forgot it was naturally six-linked >_< I've only ever found one other six link item before, from a merchant no less

Frost Bomb works well and though Freezing pulse has been used I'm about to focus on Glacial with a sceptre, perhaps the low-level unique sceptre with multiple support gem properties

I've done about three or four mazes so far, from initial impressions Lightning Warp would bypass most of the traps but hm if something goes amiss you could be caught with too much trap damage (especially for HC)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom