Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

T. Reich

Arcane
Well, come back in a couple of years, you might get lucky.

Arkeus

Arcane
Well shit. Vaal sparker was one of the builds I wanted to try. I guess I have to wait for the next round of OP.
Vaal Sparker are still very good. The nerf just brought them down from gamebreaking to OP.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Yeah, Vaal Spark is still one of the strongest builds currently and you still have plenty of time in the league to try it out.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
I still have to finish my necro blade vortex. Got first Atziri kill with this build. Trio went down facetanking and Atziri herself was pretty easy. Only the mirror form was troublesome because BV area was so big I had trouble to not hit it.

Aothan

Magister
just lost to a bunch of monkeys, they appeared to be doing unusually concentrated spike damage, when surrounded that is, and so I thought to get away but even at a distance health was being lost, then suddenly I'm surrounded again, so I guess my connection went out rather unusually

next time I probably will make a Ranger with Double Strike but that will be a few weeks away

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I fucking love this company.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1656715

Voted on Flashback, or Invasion if people are voting for a single added mod. Perandus is laggy enough as it is, and the Perandus mobs won't spawn beyond bosses themselves so I'd rather feel the nostalgia of getting offscreen Rima'd again. :M Somewhat hoping for solo self-found to win just so people will realize how this will result in the league being dead in less than 3 days.

Last edited:

T. Reich

Arcane
Voted on solo self-found.

Or, if that fails, on Beyond. I want to see people squirm in anguish, and Beyond everywhere is the only single mod capable of that. Since perandus mobs can actually spawn beyond mobs, it's gonna be extra fun.:mixedemotions:

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Can they? I've never seen orbs from perandus mobs on my beyond maps, since they don't leave corpses either I figured that was intended?

T. Reich

Arcane
Whenever I met a perandus chest on a beyond map, it was at least 1 guaranteed beyond rare, and often a beyond boss if pack size was good with a few non-perandus mobs nearby.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
True, Perandus mobs spawn Beyond monsters.

Have to check that link later though, PoE site is down for maintenance.

Padre

Liturgist
The poll has ended. We will have a flashback league. Shame it can't be coupled with SSF.

I don't care much for Beyond because of shitty design but the HC race will be one tough motherfucker. Can't wait for the amount of salt Izaro will generate coupled with mods like torment.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G925F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Yeaaaah bwwwoooiiii 36/40! Such MTX. Very portal.
Fuck going for 40 though, my Zana isn't even level 7. I'll rather do lvl80 in the 2-week league.

Padre

Liturgist
Fucking died to a corrupting blood mob at lvl 54. Was doing a Scion Spark and all was going so fucking good. The build was really coming together and then boom. I died in 3 seconds. Got rid of that fucking bleed flask 3 hours earlier because I thought i didnt need it, not until Dominus fight. God damn it.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Died twice so far, first one was 30 minutes after the start of the league, died to a DD strongbox right after getting to act3. Second time, same place only in cruel, fucking stormcall exile fucked me in the ass. That's what happens when you do cruel/merc leveling with negative resistances I suppose. Third character seems to be set though, guess I'll be doing normal/cruel lab once I finish farming merc dried lake. Had a couple of close calls with perandus mobs + warbands + exiles as well, but spending the time to keep resistances/flasks updated during the leveling process makes it almost impossible to die nowadays.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, while anarchy kinda forced you to look after your resistances while leveling due to excessive fire/lightning damage coming your way (hi magnus/igna/wilorin), nemesis/bloodlines kinda does the same for colddmg/bleed removal. It's nice having to actually care for your gear regularly during the leveling process, usually you just dash through the content until you hit merc dried lake and start worrying about gear later.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Magnus killed me so many times. Turds like Magnus make Attack Speed a defensive attribute.

Padre

Liturgist
Well fuck that. Rolled out a Witch and gonna go with zombies/spectres. Now I'm kinda angry that I vendored all the unique low lvl shit I've found with my Sparker. Didn't really believe I could die before Cruel Izaro. Those nemesis bosses sure can hurt. I've tried to fight a Soul Eater zombie summoner in Chamber of Sin. Gave up after he almost 1 shot me due to a massive stack of souls.

The hardest part of the game by far are those fucking perandus mobs. Thing is, they are all so bright I can't see the unique very well and I often fight for 30 seconds before I spot him. They also dish huge amounts of damage. Not Igna's lvls of damage but still.

Right now taking it slow. Just killed Malachai. Lvl 42. 1,5k HP and 700 ES. All resists maxed. 6 zombies and 2 spectres. Really have to find a pair of those summoner boots. A third spectre would really speed things up because zombies are slow as fuck unless you build specifically around them. And I'm tired of SRS, using Firestorm for the time being.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Fuck my ISP. Died to a lagspike against Megaera, that bitch hurts even with 84% fireres. Not sure whether I'm gonna start another character, dumped all my currency into gear a couple of hours before I died so I could start running T10+ maps consistently even with bad mods.

Played a full fire conversion arc elementalist, that shit sure is fun. Reflect isn't an issue thanks to Rise of the phoenix and by scaling fire damage instead of lightning the burn from conduit melts everything. Singletarget also isn't as big of a problem anymore thanks to writhing jar and vaal flameblast. Most likely gonna play the same build next league, the announcement apparently will come on june 9th I think. I'll probably start another character for the last 2 days and invite a couple of people I know who enjoy D3 a lot, just so they can see how much more fun this genre can be.

Padre

Liturgist
I've reached lvl 71 in the HC perandus flashback. I'm outta town for a week so that's that for now. It was pretty fun, the extra challenge was good. Except for Beyond mobs. I swear, trying to get to Daresso with this mode active is just plain stupid.

Just starting maps, I'm virtually unkillable. 3,5k hp, 3k ES. All resists maxed and my spectres fuck everyone up. Magnus was not able to kill a single zombie with a full flameblast hit

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Bought a 6L Daresso chest for my chaos sparker and managed to get 4B2G on it, my tooltip dps increased from 14900 to 22000 and that is with 8 projectiles. With charges, and elemental overload it increases to 46000 x 8 projectiles. No idea how high it goes with atziri flask and vaal haste, I would say probably somewhere around 60k.

Now, if only I could get the helmet enchant for +2 spark projectiles...

Yeah, it was my e-penis stroking post.

I'm comparing Path of Exile's maps to Grim Dawn and Diablo 2, Diablo 2 would be somewhere in the middle of these two with Grim Dawn being the fullest and Path of Exile being the most sparse.

T. Reich

Arcane
Please demonstrate with screenshots if possible, I didn't exactly understand what you meant.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom