Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

ArchAngel

Arcane
Unfortunately some of the higher end items are several hundred c. United in Dream is 270-300 c, even uncorrupted. Presence of Chayula is 250 c. Red Nightmare: 400 c. Green Nightmare: 270 c. Blue Nightmare: 450 c. Headhunter is- FUCK- 1 MIRROR or 75 Exes.

I was thinking up my next build the other day and thought to myself, "Hey, wouldn't it be fun to have all 5 golems running around? That would be neat".

So to get the first +1 you need to go elementalist. Alright.
Then you need 2 clayshapers. Could probably pick two up for a few chaos each. Easy.
Then you need... the anima stone? What's that? Oh, it's 270c.
And if you want another one from that, you need the 3 primordial stones, which are about 1c, 30c, and 230c. Welp.
Oh, and the one that costs 230c is also the one that means "Your golems are aggressive". So without it they presumably stand around masturbating?
Also you'll probably want multiples of the 30c one for even more damage and regen.

Guess I won't be trying that for a long time, or else just going with 4 and probably being completely gimped in some way. Thought you could have fun, eh? Haha! Not on my watch!
First rule of Golemancer is to not go Elementalist. You go Necromancer like with all other minion builds.

False. Elementalist also grants golems full elemental damage immunity, which makes them near-immortal in endgame. That's totally worth losing a bit of damage potential from necro ascendancy.
Both choices are valid.
It is not bit of damage lol, it is huge amounts of damage. Elemental immunity means shit for summoner build as you got lots of bonus life and resists for them anyways, especially with new jewels where you resummon golems all the time so they can get the buff from the jewel.

T. Reich

Arcane
The other roadblock I've found is Tukohama's. I had no idea they were going for so much. While not strictly necessary like Shav's, it's a real no brainer for Blood Magic builds.

Tukohama's Fortress is the ultimate noob-trap unique. I used to think otherwise, but it really is!
It's locking you into a very limited build - a totem-based build utilising blood magic keystone. The reward is +1 max totem.
And a whole ton of Armor and life. But yeah, the point is getting to 2 (or 3) totems.

But here's the thing - if you're using spellcaster totems, you're automatically better off as CI-based int-related class, meaning that you can't use BM and the shield.
You can't use the shield with ranged attack totems. (Unless wander? Ok, who am I kidding here lol.)
And if you're using ancestral warchief with intent of using the shield, that means you're using facebreakers, because 1h+shield = shit damage, and 2h warchief totems can't use shield, obviously.
So, that shield is pretty much ONLY for facebreaker warchief totemancers.

And here's why it's shit:
1) you pick tukohama's = forced to go BM, you lose access to auras (because you sure as hell aren't using essence worm ring - you are using steel rings), the third totem does nothing except vs bosses due to ancestral totems' active range limitation (unlike spell totems that stay active even if beyond your sight range).

Actually the point of going BM is to get the 50% reduction on Auras from Mortal Conviction. Depending on the rest of your setups, you can reduce each Aura to a tiny reservation cost.

I was thinking of Spell Totem actually, not AW+Facebreakers.

You can also use Prism Guardian or Esh's Visage on switch- Guardian to get to Low Life or Esh's against Chaos.

And you are all set to run Blood Magic maps!

2) you pick great old one's ward = no need to pick BM (also because sustaining ancestral totems on mana is no problem at all), you can use auras, so you use hatred + herald of ash for a significant damage boost or some defensive auras/curses for survivability, great old on'es ward shield gives HUGE damage boost for unarmed warchiefs, and it costs a pittance.

So - why would you pay 7ex+ for a shitty shield when you can pay 1c for a much better one?

Well, I agee that 7 ex for Tukohama's is absurd.

Well, I wouldn't call it a "ton" of life and armor. It's nothing special compared to what you can get from a decent shield anyway. Besides, we all know how "good" armor currently is.

Going BM for mortal conviction to stack auras is an option almost entirely reserved for aura support builds - mostly because you'll need to take almost all the aura nodes to make it work, and then go low-life with shavs, and then vety likely use that 5-6L in shavs for auras.
Which leaves you with no room for decent offensive skill - neither in terms of passive skill points nor in terms of links/sockets.
Not to mention that you'll likely end up reserving almost all your life, leaving next to no life left for actually casting anything but a movement skill.

And there are no blood magic maps any more, so what gives :P.

As I said - Tukohama's just doesn't work for most totem builds, and for the ones it could work, there are better ways to blow through multiple exalts.

My personal opinion is that BM totem builds are fine (spells or attacks, doesn't matter), but they are decidedly noob material - easy to build, remove some sustainability issues entirely, simplify the gearing process, but at the same time they just don't have the necessary scaling potential for comfortable endgame experience.

T. Reich

Arcane
ATTENTION TO ALL MEMBERS OF OUR GLORIOUS OFFICIAL CODEXIAN GUILD:

As most of you remember, we've got a bit of mishap on the part of Hoaxmetal 's part when he accidentally left our guild and therefore auto-relegated the guild leadership to Orma's account.
Seeing as Orma's not active in any capacity, I have contacted the support with request the change in guild leadership.
Since Orma did not reply to them in two weeks' time, I have received reply from the support that all active guild members have to cast a vote to determine the new guild leader.
I'm still waiting for the exact instructions on how they will gather all the votes, but we can expedite the process if we vote in this here thread.

So, being the only acting officer, I propose the two candidates:
1) Hoaxmetal, our glorious past leader.:russia:
2) Myself, of course.:russiastronk:

You can either vote here, or contact me in game and tell me your vote, and I'll repost it here.
Choose wisely, fellow gentelmen! Glory to Codexia!
After asking Orma to "log on nig" for 10th time he finally did it and the leadership reverted back to me. I think he kicked you out of the guild because of butthurt D: Gimme your charname and I'll send you an invite.

Holy crap, you weren't joking! :hero:
That is too funny.
Anyways, my account is T_Reich.

I, for one, welcome the return of our glorious leader!

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
After asking Orma to "log on nig" for 10th time he finally did it and the leadership reverted back to me. I think he kicked you out of the guild because of butthurt D: Gimme your charname and I'll send you an invite.

That is too funny.

I need one of your character names.

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
That's why we have Standard league. And that's why I spent 600c on those jewels in Essence league despite never making a char for them - because fuck Standard prices, I ain't paying 2-3x as much for them.
I'll get around to making a golemancer eventually. Probably after I inevitably rip my current SSFHC witch.

*checks Standard prices*

88e373707e.png

That's the cheapest one. Fucking hell.

Also it seems my silly Babby's-First-Build hammer dude that I made up as I went along is practically immortal in the merciless lab now. Facetanked both Ivaro and Argus as I pounded them into goo. I got Iron Reflexes (only 2 points further along) so I could effectively use Cospri's Will for shits and giggles (along with getting a bit more armour from Devoto's), which casts enfeeble and temporal chains on damage taken. I'm not sure if I want to keep Immortal Call though. The phys immunity is great (and lasts ages), but when it fires from elemental damage, all that does is make me even weaker from losing my 36% elemental resist/8% elemental reduction from the charges. And against single enemies (bosses and uniques), it can be hard to get those charges back in time. I guess I could keep it as a standard use skill instead of auto when I know I can get the charges back.

Also, picking up items after going back through a portal is a bitch.

d33f2e504a.png

Ended up walking back and forth across half the screen multiple times. Yes, some were scrolls. PRECIOUS SCROLLS.

T. Reich

Arcane

That is too funny.

Durr. Try LITERAL_HITLER.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane

That is too funny.

Durr. Try LITERAL_HITLER.
Sent :M

Jason Liang

Arcane
ATTENTION TO ALL MEMBERS OF OUR GLORIOUS OFFICIAL CODEXIAN GUILD:

As most of you remember, we've got a bit of mishap on the part of Hoaxmetal 's part when he accidentally left our guild and therefore auto-relegated the guild leadership to Orma's account.
Seeing as Orma's not active in any capacity, I have contacted the support with request the change in guild leadership.
Since Orma did not reply to them in two weeks' time, I have received reply from the support that all active guild members have to cast a vote to determine the new guild leader.
I'm still waiting for the exact instructions on how they will gather all the votes, but we can expedite the process if we vote in this here thread.

So, being the only acting officer, I propose the two candidates:
1) Hoaxmetal, our glorious past leader.:russia:
2) Myself, of course.:russiastronk:

You can either vote here, or contact me in game and tell me your vote, and I'll repost it here.
Choose wisely, fellow gentelmen! Glory to Codexia!

Send me an invite too! Omachi

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
So what do I get if i join codex guild?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The uniques, maps, and flasks that non-skrubs just vendor or don't even pick up. Day 1? Nothing. :dealwithit:

Actually, the fact that they took the time to pick them up at all—much less mess around with placing them in the guild stash—really shows how much they care.

PoE at its extreme is, EXACTLY as I predicted, literally a game about not picking up anything at all except for the very creme de la creme of the absolute most top-tier maps and bosses. You'll see dudes rushing past all sorts of currency too unless it's worth many multiples of Chaos Orbs.

This is all fine and good, since loot eventually begins to rain from the sky like a fucking eighteen-wheeler full of sprinkles collided head-on with another eighteen-wheeler full of chocolate chips... a fact that somehow no one thought to mention to me some weeks ago before I returned to the game.

My one complaint is that everything is basically vendor trash or throwaway leveling crap until you hit that top tier. No matter what an item's type or graphic, almost every reward item you'll get has a semi-concealed "item level" which means it's going to be utter shit unless it's near or at the highest ilvl. There are a very few exceptions, like high-value currency or worthwhile Chance Orb base items, but both of those things are extremely remote possibilities anyway.

Fortunately this is also helpful, because after the first few days of a league you can find good leveling gear on poe.trade for cheap prices in great abundance, for any class or build.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Yeah that's right, we did the 10 unided rare maps challenge today and didn't die once, and I'm feeling pretty big for my britches. :smug:

All easy shit so far. Bring on some actual difficulty where everything doesn't die immediately. :smug:

:positive:

need uber lab carry plz thx

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
The only reason I haven't put any of my own in is because you guys fill it up. I've got a bunch of the better cheap ones now, and I even found a 2-3c quiver once, which for leveling uniques with any old slots is really a lot.

Funny thing is, sometimes they vendor for almost as much as they're worth on poe.trade in shards, or even more.

Lazing Dirk and I will be growing into red maps soon, in fact we pretty much already are, so the map tab's probably gonna stagnate. In fact, my own personal map tab is starting to fill, despite making literally dozens of chisels....

T. Reich

Arcane
Hoaxmetal Kindly requesting our glorious leader to grant Zdzisiu and me officer rank, so that we coul watch over his domain in times of his absence.
Also, to invite total strangers to the guild by accident.
And to plot his inevitable downfall.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom