Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

ArchAngel

Arcane
I've fallen asleep in Dried Lake and woken up 6 hours later, my character still standing in Dried Lake.
All my characters died when that happened to me :D

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Saark you havent cover my scenario: dying due to watching netflix and reading codex while playing poe.
Flame golem generally kills all the stragglers that are trying to touch you while you're asleep. If you're looking for a build that specifically kills stuff without you doing much, play with permanent summons. Elementalist Golemancer or Necro with Spectres+Zombies. RF also works.
But it takes more then 10-20 minutes for anyone but experienced lab farmers. And we are talking about 3.0 changes where they want players to explore more and do side content so lab runs will take even more time.
Experienced lab farmers do the whole thing in 5 minutes, not 15. If you're seriously struggling to clear a standard lab in less than 20 minutes you should worry about your build or playstyle, not whether you might have a disconnect. Only time it takes me more than 15 minutes to do lab is when its an 8+ room monstrosity with more than 2 golden doors. And those will not appear up until uber lab anymore, thanks to 3.0.
Granted, I'm probably more experienced in the game but it still shouldn't require you as much time as it currently does. Lab is all about preparation, knowing where to go (poelab.com) before diving in, having basalt+granite+quicksilver ready for most trapgauntlets as well as having a decent movement skill (leapslam/LWarp).

ArchAngel

Arcane
I never use poelab, I only run each lab once with each character. I need 15+ minutes to run through when I am trying to rush it. A bit more in merc and much more in uber lab where I try to be more careful. I never play lab safe builds and I don't play HC so my characters are less tanky so I need to go slower to avoid lab deaths and wasting of my time.

T. Reich

Arcane
Me and Zdzisiu would usually do several u-lab runs together every time there was an <8 room layout with easy 3+ keys.
After a couple of "warm up" runs, the rest of them would usually take no longer than 10 mins each. That's with me fumbling in stash before each of Izaro fights.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
which skills/builds require least auras to stay effective?

context is doing CI/hybrid + EVA + MOM trickster. Was always reserving more than 90% so its somewhat out of my bauble.

Trickster is a good choice for a couple of builds that don't really require auras. ED/Contagion, Scorching Ray aswell as RF builds work well with trickster, don't require an aura to do good damage (RF does require purity of fire, but thats about it) and have space for 2 or 3 blasphemy curses instead. Not sure if that counts as an "aura" in your eyes. They also all like running Arctic Armour, which can easily be done with The Perfect Form, which plays into your whole notion of doing en EV/Dodge Character. Kintsugi is also a good choice.

As was already said, MoM doesn't work that well with hybrid builds, but you can just go for a lot of regen to fill you up again on an evasion/dodge build.

grimace

Arcane

https://youtu be/bfIrPnwM6So

Chris Wilson, Producer of Path of Exile, believed in incline and now develops a successful game.

No plans for a sequel or a different game. Working on more expansions for Path of Exile.

"Very strong policy against players gaining an advantage over other players using external resources (in the case of the real money auction house)."
https://youtu.be/bfIrPnwM6So?t=280

Do you guys want RMT?

Saark

Arcane
Patron
When I get extra block nodes when wielding a shield: is it lost/minions get it/i get it?
No, passives that improve the bonuses the shield grants are not transfered to minions, and you don't benefit from them either. You also don't have a natural chance to block anymore.

Tempest Shield/Shield Charge still work though, as do any "while holding a shield bonuses" passives/effects.

Varvarg

Educated
If so its going to be fucking impossible to get correct enchant on your gear.

It's already fucking impossible even now. Ran merciless lab.50+ times and not a single useful enchant for my build...
Also couldn't find "the swirling fear" trial in maps with why 90 lvl gladiator. So haven't set foot inside uberlab yet...

But while playing latest turmoil race first trial I found was that one.:argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh:
you got to trade for it. sucks if you SSF ofc.

i would want the lab completely removed

E: any lvl 90's in 2 week? im 89. I dont like this league, it was ok while levelling through story, but it's just a pain to switch map zones all the time. Beyond is suicide!

Jason Liang

Arcane
E: any lvl 90's in 2 week? im 89. I dont like this league, it was ok while levelling through story, but it's just a pain to switch map zones all the time. Beyond is suicide!

Watch Mathil doing Beyond (or similar). Just gotta keep moving.

Perkel

Arcane
Fuck only 2 weeks to Fall of Oriath release... Gonna take free time from work. Deleted all my characters and throw away all my loot already.

Varvarg

Educated

aye, the chaos degen on the ground. so bad. doesnt work so well for my build. its the stand your ground and hammer type of build

ArchAngel

Arcane

aye, the chaos degen on the ground. so bad. doesnt work so well for my build. its the stand your ground and hammer type of build
More the build is closer to true melee harder the game is.
I would give free Fortify to half the skills (all those close combat ones) and make it so characters receive 10% more damage per every totem out.

Perkel

Arcane
More the build is closer to true melee harder the game is.
I would give free Fortify to half the skills (all those close combat ones) and make it so characters receive 10% more damage per every totem out.

Problem is with amount of mobs and health of them. There is shitloads of mobs everywhere that dish out a lot of damage but on other hand they have so little HP that ranged characters are simply way superior.

Proper fix would be to boost hp of monsters and decrease amount of monsters. This way overall damage done by ranged people would not excel 1 on 1 damage done by malee dude.

If at least magical or rare monsters would have a lot of hp them malee builds would be at least viable but since they die like grass then there is no point in playing malee when firestorm will be just as good to kill rare monster.

Hyperion

Arcane
New MTX system is wonderful. So organized, makes trying out unique combinations to find that personal look so much easier.

As for ranged v melee, what Perkel said is part of what needs to happen. Boost HP, drop monster damage. But lower projectile damage and range to balance it out. Same goes for AoE melee skills. Namelocked melee should be hands down the strongest attack, with melee splash functioning as convenience at the cost of damage.

Spells, imo, need to be changed so that,acciracy is required - just like Grim Dawn.

Make it so that having 2 skills, one for AoE and one for Single Target is a viable option, outside of switching Inc AoE for Conc Effect.

Gearing should also be changed - base move speed should be upped by 20%, while movespeed should be dropped to like 5 -15% on boots. Makes it less of a mandatory stat for boots. Move speed from things like Onslaught should be cut in half to cut back on the ridiculous clear speed / run speeds people get.

As for general itemization, Life / ES + Resists on every piece till you get GG gear is boring. Grim Dawn also did itemization better eith it's wider array of affixes that allowed for strengthening of particular skills, life, resists, accuracy, flat damage etc. Etc.

Varvarg

Educated
dammit i was just gonna post it for some fists.

I does look very pretty.

And... combine this with skelly totem and minion instability. Could potentially be game breaking.

Hyperion

Arcane
There's gotta be an explosion limit on your Skeletons, right? Vaal Summon Skeletons and this would just be Boss destruction.

ArchAngel

Arcane
There's gotta be an explosion limit on your Skeletons, right? Vaal Summon Skeletons and this would just be Boss destruction.
From what I seen I think each cast of the spell only reduces life of one skeleton.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom