Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PayPal, PayPal Never Changes

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Did you try phoning their support? If you dig deep enough you can actually find phone numbers.
Funnily enough they usually phone me first. Like the last time this happened, I got a phone call the day it happened advising me. And they've called me once or twice before just saying "Hey, you've just made a large payment on your account... is this right". This time there was no call.

I've just followed their online "upload documents" process again, slightly modified the letter I sent them last time and will see what happens.

Funnily enough the email this time was slightly different. It asked me about supplying stock information, how we manage stock... Really a whole bunch of shit that frankly is none of the business of your fucking payment solution provider.

Edit: You didn't fall for one of those "Your Paypal account has been suspended" scam-mails, did you?
No, logging into the account actually shows it as locked, with a notification to refer to my email.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
I seriously hope it all works out in the end because it sounds like a major fuckup and headache. :/

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Dear Greg Martin Enterprises,

Our review is complete and we have returned your account to regular standing.

We appreciate your patience and thank you for your help in making PayPal the safest and most trusted online payment solution.

Sincerely,

CRISIS AVERTED.

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
CRISIS AVERTED.
Looking forward to the next fundraiser so we can have round three of Codexia vs Paypal. This time, lets have something worthwhile rather than all these 'games'.

Assuming the Codex is not a money laundering front (go with me), by 'regular standing' I presume they mean 'under perpetual suspicion'.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
I wonder for what kind of proof will they ask the next time. And what kind of details will they require to unlock the account.

Remember, when they ask for a proof that your family had no jewish blood in it for at least 7 generations, thats when you should become reaaally suspicious.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Now where am I supposed to be sending this battle tech money?

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
So all I can guess, is someone at PayPal fucked up and shut down the wrong account and asked me about shit which has nothing to do with me.

And yet my account is the one that's locked. :lol:

All right, there's $2,843.84 USD in the PayPal account right now... Let's see if we ever get access to that money again.
Welcome to my world. :dance: I recommend legal advice.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member

Angthoron

Arcane

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin

We appreciate your patience and thank you for your help in making PayPal the safest and most trusted online payment solution.

Sincerely,
"Safest and most trusted" they say... after having blocked the wrong account and not even bothering to make something as simple as a phone call to check.

:happytrollboy:

Zdzisiu

Arcane

Sincerely,
"Safest and most trusted" they say... after having blocked the wrong account and not even bothering to make something as simple as a phone call to check.

:happytrollboy:
It makes you wonder what do the other providers do if PayPal acts like this and is "safest and most trusted". They probably straight-up murder your ass on a whim.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Now where am I supposed to be sending this battle tech money?

Uh. You can probably determine their address here: http://harebrained-schemes.com/paypal/

But Angthoron might want to double-check this now.
I can't enter a custom amount that way. I need their PayPal address Angthoron - let me know where they want it sent.
In before their paypal address turning out to be angthoron@gmail.com

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Funnily enough the email this time was slightly different. It asked me about supplying stock information, how we manage stock... Really a whole bunch of shit that frankly is none of the business of your fucking payment solution provider.

They've heard the rumours about brofists being printed out of thin air. The brofist warehouse must be overflowing, keep an eye on it.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

They've heard the rumours about brofists being printed out of thin air. The brofist warehouse must be overflowing, keep an eye on it.

That's why you shouldn't trust loan sharks like Ulminati but only the very reputable official Bank of Codexia™

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
That's why you shouldn't trust loan sharks like Ulminati but only the very reputable official Bank of Codexia™

Don't listen to her! 6 MILLION BROFISTS! NEVER FORGET!

upload_2015-11-23_18-47-29.png

Melcar

Arcane

It's all run by Jews. And not the crispy kind either.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom