Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ Pending CUTS Rewards and Bets

Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Just posting this as a reminder in an easy to find place.

Pending rewards
-
CUTS 1
-
Darth Roxor - regain 'Wielder of the Huegpenis' title
Transfiguring Roar - regain brofisting privilege
tyrannosaurus rex - remove shitposter tag
shiteatingnippledick - normal posting and brofisting privileges
Bester gets a vatnik tag

-
CUTS 2
-
Tadek Boruta - free Andhaira
Trodat - remove Makabb's dumbfuck tag
HentaiWriter - Developer tag
J_C - regain avatar changing privilege
Sensuki - remove Chaotic Heretic's Shitposter tag

-
Pending Bets
-
CUTS 1
-
+200 fists for lestryfe
-200 fists for Zed
+150 Fists for Karwelas
-1000 fists for Kz3r0
-300 fists for Tzaero
+/- 1980 fists for laclongquan. DU switched teams to make it 4v4. Not sure how to call it.
-30 fists for darthaegis
+2036 fists for SEND
+20 fists for Andnjord
+182 fists for empyrean
+3200 fists for Random
-100 fists for Morkar
-16100 brofists for The Brazilian Slaughter
Marbles is un-dumbfucked
+5 fists for Dreed the high roller
-1466 brofists for Icewater
+128 fists for zwanzig_zwoelf
-200 fists for Lady Error
+1475 fists for Gobblecock
+200 fists for Jaedar
-4550fists for MaskedMan
-150 fists for D_X
-911 fists for black
-100 fists for jaesun
-23600 fists for Blaine
-42 fists for Gaius maximus
+324 fists for Transfiguring Roar
+389850 fists for Ulminati
-
CUTS 2
-
laclongquan - lost his bet, back to 0 brofists (?)
Dreed - wins 10 brofists
Captain Shrek - wins removal of his Dumbfuck tag (?)
Ulminati - possibly wins 100 fists because bets from first CUTS have not been settled yet
Night Goat - doesn't win removal of his tag, but I don't know what he loses (nothing?)
Lambchop19 - wins 10 brofists
Excidium II - doesn't win transfer of all his fists to Roxor's account, but I'm not sure whether he loses anything
MaskedMan - I think he wins 4 brofists? (Not sure as CUTS1 bets have not been filled out yet ... if they ever will be)
Taka-Haradin puolpeikko - loses 5 brofists
Gobblecock - loses 1501 brofists (but I think he won some from CUTS 1)
Nevill - possibly stuffed up and lost 246 brofists by betting on the wrong team AFTER the completion of the match (does this warrant a special tag ? :lol: might make him compete!)

Last edited:

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
The following bets have been paid out:

CUTS 1
Darth Roxor - regain 'Wielder of the Huegpenis' title
Transfiguring Roar - regain brofisting privilege
tyrannosaurus rex - remove shitposter tag
shiteatingnippledick - normal posting and brofisting privileges

CUTS 2
Tadek Boruta - free Andhaira
Trodat - remove Makabb's dumbfuck tag
J_C - regain avatar changing privilege
Sensuki - remove Chaotic Heretic's Shitposter tag

Pending Bets
CUTS 1
+200 fists for lestryfe
-200 fists for Zed
+150 Fists for Karwelas
-1000 fists for Kz3r0
-300 fists for Tzaero

-30 fists for darthaegis
+2036 fists for SEND
+20 fists for Andnjord
+182 fists for empyrean
+3200 fists for Random
-100 fists for Morkar
-16100 brofists for The Brazilian Slaughter
Marbles is un-dumbfucked
+5 fists for Dreed the high roller
-1466 brofists for Icewater
+128 fists for zwanzig_zwoelf
-200 fists for Lady Error
+1475 fists for Gobblecock
+200 fists for Jaedar
-4550 fists for MaskedMan
-150 fists for D_X
-911 fists for black
-100 fists for jaesun
-23600 fists for Blaine
-42 fists for Gaius maximus
+324 fists for Transfiguring Roar
+389850 fists for Ulminati

CUTS 2
Dreed - wins 10 brofists
Lambchop19 - wins 10 brofists
Taka-Haradin puolpeikko - loses 5 brofists

Be advised of the following outcome:

+/- 1980 fists for laclongquan. DU switched teams to make it 4v4. Not sure how to call it.
:hmmm:

I'm gonna need some legal advice on this one. LundB, what's your opinion on this bet?
I haven't been following this UT match, but it looks like he made a bet on your team, only to have you switch teams?

One could easily make the argument that since he did not say "current team of DarkUnderlord", just "team of DarkUnderlord", he meant any team you happened to be on, and thus should not get his fists. Of course, he is a non-native English speaker who did not have the benefit of legal counsel when making his bet, and a bet on you is a bet on the side of order and the Codex establishment, so one might argue for leniency.

In the end it is a conflict between the letter of the law and its spirit. You have sound legal precedent to do either, though neither option seems perfect and both might set dangerous examples (encouraging either badly-worded bets or anti-establishment behavior). Perhaps as a compromise reward him with the fists, but send them to Scrooge for safekeeping?
LundB has made a valid point, that it sets a dangerous precedent around unclear bets. I also note that you didn't specify whether you wanted the "team of Dark Underlord" to win or lose. Also you put a space in my name. Do you see a space in my name?

No, no you don't. That's because there isn't one. So it could be argued that you bet on a non-existent individual, without a clear bet.

However as I said, LundB made a valid point. Therefore I award you your brofists and will give them to Scrooge for safe-keeping.
Scrooge gains 1980 brofists held in escrow. laclongquan will have to fight me for his privilege to hold said brofists.

The following bets are pending further information:

CUTS 2
laclongquan - lost his bet, back to 0 brofists (?)
Captain Shrek - wins removal of his Dumbfuck tag (?)
Ulminati - possibly wins 100 fists because bets from first CUTS have not been settled yet
Night Goat - doesn't win removal of his tag, but I don't know what he loses (nothing?)

Excidium II - doesn't win transfer of all his fists to Roxor's account, but I'm not sure whether he loses anything
MaskedMan - I think he wins 4 brofists? (Not sure as CUTS1 bets have not been filled out yet ... if they ever will be)
Gobblecock - loses 1501 brofists (but I think he won some from CUTS 1)
Nevill - possibly stuffed up and lost 246 brofists by betting on the wrong team AFTER the completion of the match (does this warrant a special tag ? :lol: might make him compete!)
Ideally, link to their original statements so rulings can be made as required.

What company?

Slight problem, I have only 9 brofists now.

I had 333 prior to the update, and was due 324.

And thanks for giving me fists again.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
:salute:

I won't be able to sit down for weeks. I will enjoy my brief victory. With the impending Grexit there is a high risk of my wealth being lent to the fist bank of Scrooge to ensure brofist liquidity

Also I'm sure Infinitron meant CUCKS subforum

Lucky

Arcane
I guess that means me, BBMorti and darthaegis our bets didn't count? There's a lesson about gambling there, except we didn't lose anything of value so maybe not.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
What bets were those Lucky? I'm relying on others to compile a comprehensive list of bets here.

What company?

My own :P
http://www.patreon.com/futurefragments

I'm also working on other adult games as well, but yeah, basically my own company, haha.
Does the company have a name though? We usually put the company name with the Developer tag now.

Also, you get $4,710 USD a month to make a shitty platformer without having to deliver anything?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Can you remove the hater of eternity, please? Those two titles both at once create a shitton of clutter.

HentaiWriter

Future Fragments
Developer
What bets were those Lucky? I'm relying on others to compile a comprehensive list of bets here.

What company?

My own :P
http://www.patreon.com/futurefragments

I'm also working on other adult games as well, but yeah, basically my own company, haha.
Does the company have a name though? We usually put the company name with the Developer tag now.

Also, you get $4,710 USD a month to make a shitty platformer without having to deliver anything?

The company name is HentaiWriter, I guess?

And I'd ask you try the game before calling it a "shitty platformer"; the current beta has a bit of unfairness on some of the maps (and the current build we're working on is worlds better), but people aren't pledging that much to us for nothing; hell, a number of pretty large sites have already been asking to just buy us out, outright, because of the demo alone, which isn't even a show of the game's full gameplay etc.

If you wanna try it out yourself, https://mega.co.nz/#!ZAVzFJaC!xnTnCDtXzpb_YpMZ-a0hjP4DWSYxf1pMHsKhcES-rAg is the link to the demo. :)

Not saying it's anything revolutionary, but it's definitely a decent game graphically, storyline-wise, programming, audio, the whole works. People wouldn't be backing us if it was crap, haha.

And we definitely have to deliver; if we don't, people unpledge to us and we all go homeless. (Plus, all three of us actually take this seriously and don't want to screw people out of money by just sitting on our asses.) Every month the game's been on Patreon we've delivered at least one of the following, if not multiple things; 1) a demo 2) multiple gifs showing our progress on whatever current demo we're working on (the demos are free to the public for now) or 3) special rewards like audio packs of the voice actress we've hired, level editors, so forth.

Finally, should just note that out of that $4710, Patreon takes 10% of it, and that's after a good deal of declines usually come in each month (about $400-ish due to credit cards screwing themselves), so that's more like $3,900 or so at best, which is then split between the three people working on the game, so we each get about $1,300. I'd say that's more than fair for us making this game our full time, 40+ hour a week job, lol.

Lucky

Arcane

Ah, I see that our attempt at betting isn't on the list. The bets we made were these ones.

I am betting all my fists on DU in the NG vs DU match, he seems to be in fire

50 brofists on DU in DU vs. Night Goat, if this bet is still applicable.

Watching that made me nostalgic for a good fragfest, though only the last round was somewhat fun to actually watch. Maybe play some Tribes 2 or Jedi Outcast/Jedi Academy next time? Jedi Outcast is especially great for dueling.

EDIT: They're still playing? All fists on DarkUnderlord against whoever he's playing now. I'll stake it all, like Ulminati

It turned out that when we made them the match had already started, so it was unclear whether they'd count. I wasn't watching so I can't say how far along the match was, but I think BBMorti made his bet like a minute in, darthaegis something like four or five minutes and I posted right after darthaegis.

It turned out that when we made them the match had already started, so it was unclear whether they'd count. I wasn't watching so I can't say how far along the match was, but I think BBMorti made his bet like a minute in, darthaegis something like four or five minutes and I posted right after darthaegis.

Yeah, sorry Lucky, the bets were just a tad late and that was why they were left off of the list.

Bets ought to be placed before the match for them to count.

The final word on the matter should be left to DarkUnderlord .

HentaiWriter

Future Fragments
Developer
Oh, actually just put the Developer company as "Future Fragments", that'd work. Thanks :) (couldnt edit my last post for some reason)

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
The following bets have been paid out:
The following bets are pending further information:

laclongquan - lost his bet, back to 0 brofists (?) - http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...ts-2-official-bet-thread.100434/#post-3991904
Captain Shrek - wins removal of his Dumbfuck tag - http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...ts-2-official-bet-thread.100434/#post-3993076
Ulminati - possibly wins 100 fists because bets from first CUTS have not been settled yet - http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...ts-2-official-bet-thread.100434/#post-3993263
Night Goat - doesn't win removal of his tag, but I don't know what he loses (nothing?) - http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...ts-2-official-bet-thread.100434/#post-3994035

Excidium II - doesn't win transfer of all his fists to Roxor's account, but I'm not sure whether he loses anything - http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...ts-2-official-bet-thread.100434/#post-3994759
MaskedMan - I think he wins 4 brofists? (Not sure as CUTS1 bets have not been filled out yet ... if they ever will be) - http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...ts-2-official-bet-thread.100434/#post-3995052
Gobblecock - loses 1501 brofists (but I think he won some from CUTS 1) - http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...ts-2-official-bet-thread.100434/#post-3995009
Nevill - possibly stuffed up and lost 246 brofists by betting on the wrong team AFTER the completion of the match (does this warrant a special tag ? :lol: might make him compete!) - http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...fficial-bet-thread.100434/page-4#post-3995992

Ideally, link to their original statements so rulings can be made as required.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom