Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Arulan

Cipher
the deadfire campaing is live now

a824fbcc94a96eff685698fb904cebbc_original.jpg

Just look at that amazing portrait art! :M

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Pallegina has curly black (nappy) hair now

hue hue hue

She did in the original portrait in PoE, you can see it at the edges of the her hair ball. (a bit unclear how much of that ball was feathers and how much was hair.)

Perkel

Arcane
Tsundere returns.

Hopefully they work on why people join you this time.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://jesawyer.tumblr.com/post/156370531741/at-the-risk-of-jumping-the-gun-on-an-upcoming

At the risk of jumping the gun on an upcoming announcement, resolve a debate for us. Does "Hel" in the Pillars of Eternity universe refer to an underworld/afterlife corresponding to our conception, or is it cognate with Greek Helios and the sun and thus linked to Eothas.

Hel’s etymology is Eld Aedyran. It refers to two things: 1) the afterlife, where souls go between incarnations 2) the interior of Eora, deep in the ground, where people assume adra pillars originate. Most people believe these are the same thing/place, just differentiated by being in the Here (physical world) or the Beyond.

Hel does not have an inherently negative connotation in Eora, i.e. it is not imagined/described as a realm of fire and brimstone where souls or tormented.

http://jesawyer.tumblr.com/post/156388919366/the-teaser-said-fires-of-hel-which-admittedly

The teaser said "fires of Hel", which admittedly could lead people to the fire and brimstone interpretation.

tumblr_inline_okdj23mhLo1ri73pi_500.gif

Mystary!

Arcane
Also dual-wielding pistols/blunderbuss?

also, was Aloth a fan favorite? I didn't expect him to be back. I was definitely looking forward to Eder, Sagani, and Pallegina.

Yeah well it's not my fault they were held and fired one handed in PoE, and the blue furry is shown holding one pistol - OR possibly a blunderbuss - in each hand in the concept art.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Non-player characters will keep their own schedule

That's a very nice improvement.

Larian studios said for Both Divinity 1 and 2 that schedules were too expensive to do.

How Obsidian can with only 1.0 million goal?

Who is lying?

I think it's not so much a matter of lying than that Larian's vision of NPC schedules is more expansive than what Obsidian area going to do in this game. Remember, even Baldur's Gate had limited "NPC schedules". Stores would shut down at night, etc.

Doma

Augur
Cant wait to back this! Along with the Shadowrun games, PoE is the best thing I have played from Kickstarter so far.

(I also like Wasteland 2, but its not quite up there. Still backed 3 tho..)

Perkel

Arcane

Larian studios said for Both Divinity 1 and 2 that schedules were too expensive to do.

Who is lying?

Larian didn't want just any schedules. They wanted full on schedules where people would move and do different things according to time of day.

closing shops, sleeping at nigh and essentially having two locations is also schedule.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
“Eothas ... the god of light and rebirth was thought dead, but he now inhabits the stone titan that sat buried under your keep, Caed Nua, for millennia,” reads a press release. “Ripping his way out of the ground, he destroys your stronghold and leaves you at the brink of death. To save your soul, you must track down the wayward god and demand answers — answers which could throw mortals and the gods themselves into chaos.”

Wait a minute - does this mean that while you're traipsing around the Deadfire Archipelago, a giant fucking statue of Od Nua's son is wandering around Dyrwood and crushing buildings like King Kong?

Doma

Augur

Who is lying?

Larian didn't want just any schedules. They wanted full on schedules where people would move and do different things according to time of day.

closing shops, sleeping at nigh and essentially having two locations is also schedule.

R..Radiant AI?

:thumbsup:

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
“Eothas ... the god of light and rebirth was thought dead, but he now inhabits the stone titan that sat buried under your keep, Caed Nua, for millennia,” reads a press release. “Ripping his way out of the ground, he destroys your stronghold and leaves you at the brink of death. To save your soul, you must track down the wayward god and demand answers — answers which could throw mortals and the gods themselves into chaos.”

Wait a minute - does this mean that while you're traipsing around the Deadfire Archipelago, a giant fucking statue of Od Nua's son is wandering around Dyrwood and crushing buildings like King Kong?
Presumably he's in Deadfire since you are tracking him down. Although I can't imagine how hard it could be to track a humongous fucking statue that leaves destruction in its wake. I gotta say, I was rather hoping for something more subtle.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Fuck me, is that what they are going for? Eothas returning in that statue? ............................. Why would he return at all? And why is he a Power Rangers antagonist?

ArchAngel

Arcane
I cannot hype myself for this. Unless cheapest tier is full price at 50% discount I don't think I will give them any more money. I will rather wait for game to release, get patched for few months and then buy it 50% off on Steam sale.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Presumably he's in Deadfire since you are tracking him down. Although I can't imagine how hard it could be to track a humongous fucking statue that leaves destruction in its wake. I gotta say, I was rather hoping for something more subtle.

Under the sea.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Right, I figured he would stick around in Dyrwood to get revenge for Waidwen's death and take over as god-king. Maybe he finds the time to do some of that too before leaving.

Shin

Cipher
As someone who backed PoE and still hasn't come around finishing the damn game (not to mention the expansion) I can't really get my penis erected for this shit. Hope the leaked screenies are just a joke put out by Obsidian and they'll make it a blobber instead.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom