Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
And MotB. The stolen soul part.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I think it's the latter. Still a douche move, especially since people like to ask questions on official Obsidian forums as well (that don't get answered by anyone).

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
He's kinda like Wagner, having a compulsion to write about and explain his artworks. It's not a PR move. Wagner wrote 12 tomes though.

Sentinel

Arcane
Just wanted to confirm: if his Twitter responses are anything to go by - no MCA, not even as a stretch goal. He simply doesn't want to work with Obsidian.
Guess not lol

wow

"I don't like it... poor me, but I allowed it for every single RPG KS... huh, gross right?"
"I have quit Obsidian and I want nothing to do with them from now o-- I'm not part of PoE2 writing team btw, writing process was awful and they cut my mind-dungeon mini novel, fucking meanies. I'm so sorry for the end result guys, it was shi--- wait a minte, PoE2 announced???????? Could it be???? In other news Obsidian laying off more people lol what's new fucking retards glad I left"
What a fucking hypocrite cuck.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
From what I understand of how Fig works, Fig opens a new company for each project, that company gets all money from investors and backers and they become a "publisher" for the devs. Devs later pay back money they owe from their earnings to this company who distributes it to everyone else (and take their cut). Devs never get to deal with investors directly.
That does not necessarily shield Fig or the founders (devs) of Fig, especially if someone alleges fraudulent conduct. At the end of the day, you have unsophisticated investors and securities being exchanged, and that can be a minefield for the unwary.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Sentinel

Arcane
Roguey Something Awful forums have a new thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3807509

No doubt Josh will be dropping lots of info here during the campaign.

Never really understood this behavior. Instead of using official channels/forums/whatever, he shares some really in-depth and interesting info on a degenerate forum.
Pretty sure no one reads their official forums aside from community managers (i'm talking in general here, not specifically Obsidian)
More often than not it's a complete hugbox of fanboys wanking over how great things are.

Prime Junta

Pretty sure no one reads their official forums aside from community managers (i'm talking in general here, not specifically Obsidian)
Most often than not it's a complete hugbox of fanboys wanking over how great things are.

It's a pretty active forum. And yes it is rather friendly. You should try it once, might discover that there's more to life than unending bitterness. :love:

2house2fly

Magister
"I don't like it... poor me, but I allowed it for every single RPG KS... huh, gross right?"
"I have quit Obsidian and I want nothing to do with them from now o-- I'm not part of PoE2 writing team btw, writing process was awful and they cut my mind-dungeon mini novel, fucking meanies. I'm so sorry for the end result guys, it was shi--- wait a minte, PoE2 announced???????? Could it be???? In other news Obsidian laying off more people lol what's new fucking retards glad I left"
What a fucking hypocrite cuck.
Dude really needs to Begin Again and Let Go

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Nowhere does it actually say Eothas steals your souls, you gotta find him to save your soul can mean a lot of things.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
Roguey Something Awful forums have a new thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3807509

Never really understood this behavior. Instead of using official channels/forums/whatever, he shares some really in-depth and interesting info on a degenerate forum.

He does share info on Tumblr too...oh wait :smug:

It's like you want us to hate him even more, if that's humanely possible.

Sentinel

Arcane
Most often than not it's a complete hugbox of fanboys wanking over how great things are.

It's a pretty active forum. And yes it is rather friendly. You should try it once, might discover that there's more to life than unending bitterness. :love:
I'm not bitter, friend. I'm just prepared for the worst and have no trouble pointing out rehashes where I see them.
Granted, it's all speculation.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
That's a very nice improvement.

Oh fuck off. Characters keeping their own schedule is the dumbest of the nu-RPG "innovations".

It's supposed to increase "muh immersiun", but what actually happens is you're standing with your dick in your hand and pressing T waiting for the shops to open.

tormund

Arcane

More often than not it's a complete hugbox of fanboys wanking over how great things are.
So it's just like his SA threads then?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Re: Whether the game will be like BG2 or MoTB

Although the Deadfire Archipelago seems like a rustic, non-urban place, we know there's a location in the game called the "Artisans District":

Is that in the Deadfire Archipelago, or perhaps in a first chapter set in a Vailian Republics city?

Quillon

Arcane
Nowhere does it actually say Eothas steals your souls, you gotta find him to save your soul can mean a lot of things.

Maybe they built-up a connection when watcher became the master of caed nua; watcher has binded his soul to caed nua/Eothas and when Eothas came to, he tried to kill him/her to be whole again, like that alpine dragon and bunch of other souls.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Re: Whether the game will be like BG2 or MoTB

Although the Deadfire Archipelago seems like a rustic, non-urban place, we know there's a location in the game called the "Artisans District":

Is that in the Deadfire Archipelago, or perhaps in a first chapter set in a Vailian Republics city?

Obviously Vailian Republic's city.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom