Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pillars of Eternity Beta Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Hormalakh

Magister
between the butthurt wl2 trolls here and the inane complaints that make no sense and the wild and whacky descriptions of classes (LOL) the thing that really bothers me the most is the extremely slow update schedule on their beta. It's been >2 weeks now and yet they dilly-dally with the updates. It's a beta, a broken one, that needs frequent updating! why are they so slow about giving us the same build that their internal folks are playing?

Cnaiur

Augur
Agreed, but let's see how big the next update will be. Maybe they opt for infrequent but large updates instead of frequent hotfixes.

Weasel
I'm too afraid to develop a severe case of Stockholm syndrome, so don't tempt me to read that one as well.

You're right, to avoid a possible case of Stockholm syndrome it's best to avoid the Eternity megathread. Why not try the Grimoire thread instead?

fanta

Arcane
I have a dream guys. Sawyer does a ferret and leaves to balance Diablo 3. Sensuki is brought on board as systems designer to salvage the wreck.

semi :troll:, I still have faith in Sawyer.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Btw, Sawyer is ok as a slave. Hand him other people's shit and tell him to fix it up. he does a semi decent job of it, wherever possible.

But make him a master, and he fucks shit up royally.

Sawyer is an intelligent guy.. He's just not as smart and creative as he thinks he is. Hubris is literally holding him back from being amazing.

When he's told to accomplish things or fix things on other ip's that have certain rules, he is very good at solving problems and designing systems.. he will always bitch and whine that he has grand ideas he wish he could implement and I am always secretly thankful he can't because they sound horrible..

When he's in charge though.. all those dumb ideas he wished he could do on other games come out and it makes me curl into the Fetal position and cry..

Like if he didn't set the goal of being a nostalgic throw back to the IE series.. this game would be way worse (Although his 'amazing' ideas that did get through are already starting to stink the place up). If he could make the game he 100% wanted with nobody telling him no.. We would get some weird fucked up Darklands World of Warcraft hybrid set in the mid 1820's of United States.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I already knew why. I was laughing at the last line because it's actually funny "Darklands World of Warcraft set in mid 1820s" that's pretty good.

That said I would totally play Josh Sawyer's Fuck You Suck My Dick RPG - it would probably have a good setting at the very least. Historical RPGs are hard to come by and anyone who wants to make one is ok in my books (y)

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
I already knew why. I was laughing at the last line because it's actually funny "Darklands World of Warcraft set in mid 1820s" that's pretty good.

That said I would totally play Josh Sawyer's Fuck You Suck My Dick RPG - it would probably have a good setting at the very least. Historical RPGs are hard to come by and anyone who wants to make one is ok in my books (y)

If he could just make the IE games properly.. and then he kickstarted his own personal Suck My Dick : JES's Game.. I would probably chuck a few bucks into it just to see what he's capable of.

No Half measures.. no Hybrids between nostalgia and the systems he wants.. no grognard complaining..

Have Josh create the game from scratch, his rules, his systems, his setting with a decent budget and see how it turns out. Let him live and die by the game with nobody vetoing his choices and nowhere to point the fingers after the game ships. I would probably even enjoy it.. but it won't rank higher then the BG series .. I can almost guarantee it.

The dude has lot's of passion, I do respect him more then some soulless asshole at EA looking at spreadsheets and number charts.. I just don't agree with him on like anything.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
If he could just make the IE games properly.. and then he kickstarted his own personal Suck My Dick : JES's Game.. I would probably chuck a few bucks into it just to see what he's capable of.

No Half measures.. no Hybrids between nostalgia and the systems he wants.. no grognard complaining..

Have Josh create the game from scratch, his rules, his systems, his setting with a decent budget and see how it turns out. Let him live and die by the game with nobody vetoing his choices and nowhere to point the fingers after the game ships. I would probably even enjoy it.. but it won't rank higher then the BG series .. I can almost guarantee it.

The dude has lot's of passion, I do respect him more then some soulless asshole at EA looking at spreadsheets and number charts.. I just don't agree with him on like anything.

Yeah as I've been saying, I think he'd be way more in his comfort zone doing that. He's doing quite a good job with PE on the project management side and making sure that's it's fairly Infinity Engine - if it wasn't him in charge I'd cringe to think who it might be. The price we have to pay for that is that he puts his own spin on a lot of the systems. I don't like all of them, but the Stronghold system sounds pretty fucking good tbh. Can't wait to try that shit.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom