Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
RK47 probably doesn't play betas though, no?

haha i'm the goon who's been making these poe mods, glad to see you appreciate my handiwork

What else is possible though modding? Seems there's not much organized discussion of it yet. Can you turn per-ability abilities into per-rest?

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm told that some of the Codex fundraiser backers have received backer portal accounts, including all of the beta-tier backers.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
haha i'm the goon who's been making these poe mods, glad to see you appreciate my handiwork

I thought I'd share a mod I released on SA and the obsidian forums, it adds unlimited amounts of every weapon/armor/shield in the game to the first vendor NPC Vektor, along with 1000000 gold to buy things with on the fish rack adjacent to him. Very useful for testing.

how to install:
Pillars of Eternity II - Public Beta\PillarsOfEternity2_Data\exported\design\gamedata

copy your bb_items file and past it somewhere outside the directory

overwrite it with this file and start a new game

enjoy

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hsxcqzfqmp2xlko/bb_items.zip?dl=0

You dont need a mod to do this. You can just open the command and type:

Iroll20s
GivePlayerMoney 1000000

Frusciante

Cipher
Project: Eternity

I thought I'd share a mod I released on SA and the obsidian forums, it adds unlimited amounts of every weapon/armor/shield in the game to the first vendor NPC Vektor, along with 1000000 gold to buy things with on the fish rack adjacent to him. Very useful for testing.

how to install:
Pillars of Eternity II - Public Beta\PillarsOfEternity2_Data\exported\design\gamedata

enjoy

Iroll20s
GivePlayerMoney 1000000

does that also give you every weapon/armor/shield in the game?

Frusciante

Cipher
Project: Eternity
Does anyone know; do the stats of a ranger's animal companion (health and defenses) depend on the attributes of the PC?

Sizzle

Arcane
Does anyone know; do the stats of a ranger's animal companion (health and defenses) depend on the attributes of the PC?

I'm pretty sure that the Ranger's Constitution influences the pet's health. Other than that (apart from picked talents, of course) - I don't think so.

Still, haven't played with rangers all that much (except Sagani), so, paging Prime Junta, he's talked about Rangers a lot, he probably knows.

Prime Junta

(1) AFAIK no, the animal companion is what it is. I haven't checked though.
(2) Yes DF has a console.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

how to install:

enjoy

Iroll20s
GivePlayerMoney 1000000

does that also give you every weapon/armor/shield in the game?

Nops, but I'm pretty sure you can use the console to do this.

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I'm not paying the devs to test their game for them, lololol.
If only more people did the same. DOS 2 been in EA for ages and still came out buggy as hell but got 9s and 10s everywhere. Crazy times.

Not crazy its personal friendship or common agenda like in that walking lesbian simulator game that got staged reviews which i should not name for obvious purpose....

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I'm not paying the devs to test their game for them, lololol.
If only more people did the same. DOS 2 been in EA for ages and still came out buggy as hell but got 9s and 10s everywhere. Crazy times.
The problems with DOS2's mechanics were reported in EA, Larian just didn't give a shit and ignored the feedback. All the other problems the game has, like the dull fucking story, faggot companions, *boops your nose* and areas/campaign that drags on for way too fucking long couldn't have been fixed in EA because no one experienced any of that content.

Its is easier to label criticism as vocal minority then fix thing that are criticised....

Mazisky

Magister

I've just tried for you building 2 rangers, one with 10 and the other with 18 constitution and other random stats changes:

the animal has the same hp.

However, some companions (bear for example) have more tanky base stats than others.

jaydee2k

Savant
argh fuckin lazy pirates. I'm almost going to pledge them a hundred fuckin dollars for beta testing. my will is weak :negative:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
No pirate paid for beta to have access to the actual files. Which was the smart decision.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It looks like more of the same. Although the writing details aren't know, nor is the factions which they said will be in intersection.
Most of the time you can tell how the writing is with the first few dialogues and levels. After that it always goes downhill. In every game(not AAA shit) the first level/area are the best because devs are more creative and hyped about the new project.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
PoE began badly, with a very knee-jerk contrivance in the form of the biawac, and only went downhill from there. Like I said many times, don't expect good writing, play it for the combat if it doesn't turn out to be shit. The only thing we can hope for is if they forget the Eothas business for 90% of the game and focus on more interesting aspects.

Sizzle

Arcane
In every game(not AAA shit) the first level/area are the best because devs are more creative and hyped about the new project.

You're assuming that the first levels in the game get created the first, and that's not really the case in most games (and definitely wasn't the case with PoE1).

It would be like assuming that a movie is shot in the same order of scenes it gets screened when completed.

Mazisky

Magister
In every game(not AAA shit) the first level/area are the best because devs are more creative and hyped about the new project.

You're assuming that the first levels in the game get created the first, and that's not really the case in most games (and definitely wasn't the case with PoE1).

It would be like assuming that a movie is shot in the same order of scenes it gets screened when completed.

Agree. In PoE they made the Dyrford village area first, and actually it is very late in the game.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

I mean it more of an area kind of way. I know that they don't do it in order exactly. But they do begin ate beginning and later fine tune it. Good example is PB games,deus ex,thief,MM games.

Sizzle

Arcane
The starting area was actually among the last ones made ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom