Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Planetside 2

Discussion in 'MMO(RP)G / Online Discussion' started by Oriebam, Apr 27, 2012.

1. rawgender: ⚧ Turbo Chad Patron

raw
    Parrots:
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
    Click here and disable ads!
    it's coming june/july. mission system phase 1 has been uploaded to the test servers btw

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Shrallagender: ⚧ Educated

Shralla
    Parrots:
    I really want to like this game. I really really do. But the lattice system sucks. It's an improvement over no path capture system at all, but it's unnecessary at best and detrimental at worst to make every capture point part of the lattice. They need to have capturable side bases that aren't part of the lattice but provide obvious strategic bonuses. Like towers in Planetside 1.

Speaking of which, I hear Planetside 1 is going f2p in April or June or something. I think I might check that out.

^ Top  
  3. rawgender: ⚧ Turbo Chad Patron

raw
    Parrots:
    ps1 is terrible

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Destroidgender: ⚧ Arcane

Destroid
    Parrots:
    Planetside would be a million times better if it had tribes battle mechanics.

^ Top  
  5. Shrallagender: ⚧ Educated

Shralla
    Parrots:
    It was a more fun and more complete game than Planetside 2 is to date, and that was just in playing Reserves for a while. I'll gladly take a more finished product with a metagame that's actually in place over a game that's been in public beta for a year and a half and clearly still hasn't figured out what actually makes games like this interesting.

^ Top  
  6. rawgender: ⚧ Turbo Chad Patron

raw
    Parrots:
    wrong

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Krralothgender: ⚧ Liturgist Patron

Krraloth
    Parrots:
    Wasteland 2
    Just popping in to say that I finally uninstalled it.

It felt like a chore.

^ Top  
  8. Shrallagender: ⚧ Educated

Shralla
    Parrots:
    Do you like Planetside 2 or do you just not like Planetside 1?

^ Top  
  9. rawgender: ⚧ Turbo Chad Patron

raw
    Parrots:
    none of both, ps2 is just plain superior to ps1

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Echo Miragegender: ⚧ Magister

Echo Mirage
    Parrots:
    The lattice system was a massive improvement over the base game, which was nothing more then a wild zerg to the crown. At which point all momentum in the outfits was lost and the whole map soon after. But the lattice suffered greatly when I was still playing thanks to the alert system. Which saw entire outfits suicide hop back to the jumpgate to get to the Esamir fight for a few extra cert. Leaving everyone else in a hopeless fight against a capitalising zerg. At least everyone avoided the Amerish alerts like the plague on the Waterson server where Indar was the be all and end all.

But what killed the game for me was the ability to create more then one character per server. As soon as Waterson lost Total biscuit and Angry Joe, Waterson TR lost its Indar lock and that broke their back and never recovered. After that server populations fluxed with the added issue of the gates being circled once a month or so...except for waterson that had the NC and purple spandex guys hold the north for 3 months at least in early 2013. As well as very bad balance patches that made the TR a three weapon, and two class faction. So I went over to Mattherson to help the Codexia's very own BuzzCutPsycho and his Enclave. But things got so bad on that server that Buzz made this video just before I applied to join them.

After that the writing was on the wall for me and the game.

PS: Buzz and his Enclave recently went back to WOW and seem to be kicking massive ass.

^ Top  
  11. rawgender: ⚧ Turbo Chad Patron

raw
    Parrots:
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Stereotypical Villaingender: ⚧ Arcane

Stereotypical Villain
    Parrots:
    I like it how old that video is. It's like typing some news from the 40s and claiming that they're news today.

Next in this thread: Echo Mirage attempts to explain to us how believing that the earth is the centre of the universe is still valid information.

^ Top  
  13. Froglokgender: ⚧ Educated

Froglok
    Parrots:
    Pretty much all of your opinions on video games are shit

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  14. rawgender: ⚧ Turbo Chad Patron

raw
    Parrots:
    maybe but theyre still infinity better than any of yours
    cause youre a casual

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Space Satangender: ⚧ Arcane

Space Satan
    Parrots:
    So they added construction, resources and a kind of Harvester to the game. Servers once dead are swarming with returnees but soon this hype proably will die out.

^ Top  
  16. Habagender: ⚧ Harbinger of Decline Patron

Haba
    Parrots:
    Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Thankfully I am still permanently banned.

^ Top  
  17. Make America Great Again Blainegender: ⚧ Cis-Het Oppressor

Blaine
    Parrots:
    How many Trumpbux do I have to pay in order to updank my certs so I can 360 noscope skrubs?

^ Top  
  18. Corporate_Jew_Mastergender: ⚧ Arcane

Corporate_Jew_Master
    Parrots:
    There's no pay2win in this game. They nerfed everything.

• [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Leechmongergender: ⚧ Learned

Leechmonger
    Parrots:
    Is it as banal shit boring as it was three years ago?

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. GuiltyofBeingTritegender: ⚧ Learned

GuiltyofBeingTrite
    Parrots:
    Last time I played deployable walls and shit were just implemented, anything else major since then?

^ Top  
  21. Make America Great Again Blainegender: ⚧ Cis-Het Oppressor

Blaine
    Parrots:
    Fanboy faggots always say a game isn't pay-to-win.

But the question is, are career players' vehicles and character loadouts filled with weapons and equipment you can only get with certs? It's not actually a "sidegrade" if (by way of a generic example) a lightly-armored enemy has 100 health, and the newbie sniper rifle deals 95 damage but has slightly lower recoil and a larger mag, whereas the cert rifle deals 100 damage but has slightly more recoil and a smaller mag. The rifle that can one-shot light enemies is clearly better.

When I tried out Planetside 2 years ago, it was waaaaay worse than that. Cert weapons (and the shit you could upgrade with certs) were absurdly more powerful than default shit. In a purely PvP game, that's absolutely unacceptable to me.

^ Top  
  22. thesheeepgender: ⚧ Arcane

thesheeep
    Parrots:
    Since someone here seems to play that game...

Do any of you guys know a way around the restriction of just one player per network?
    I tried to play this with my GF some time ago, but only one of us could connect. As soon as the other one tried, it would show some error message that in the end lead to us thinking that just one person per network can connect (which is just bullshit design, no other game I know would have that restriction).

^ Top  
  23. Make America Great Again Blainegender: ⚧ Cis-Het Oppressor

Blaine
    Parrots:

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)