Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed [Play-by-Post] Magic World/BRP: "In Search of the Sorcerer"

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
http://unseenservant.com/default.asp?do=showone&id=124138&macid=0
Rolled 3
Once again, sorry.
Everyone looks on in confusion as Mab seems to be trying to resuscitate the burn victim by pressing on his chest, "C'mon, don't you fucking give out on me, you bastard!"

nikolokolus

Arcane
http://unseenservant.com/default.asp?do=showone&id=124138&macid=0
Rolled 3
Once again, sorry.
Everyone looks on in confusion as Mab seems to be trying to resuscitate the burn victim by pressing on his chest, "C'mon, don't you fucking give out on me, you bastard!"
Mab fumbles around in his pack for a flask of water, grabs the first thing he thinks feels like it. He pulls out the cork stopper and douses Cormac with the water to put out the flames, but to his horror and great chagrin, realizes that he mistakenly grabbed the flask of potato liquor he'd been saving for a rainy day. The flames on Cormac spring to life and burn the poor priest even more.

Marcán slices at the monster again.

"Somebody get for help! I'll hold this thing off, but get my cousin out of here!"
Salamander's Dodge vs Marcán 25% [1d100] = 9
Marcán's blade sings through the air, but the ungainly fire spirit just manages to lean backward and the blade sweeps harmlessly past it.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Urash smashes the flask with his staff and send the thing hurtling toward the enflamed creature roaring and crackling mere feet away. There's a sudden rush of cold air, like a blizzard smashing through an unhinged shutter. You step back gawking at the column of ice erupting from the flask. Two arms emerge from the column and grasp the living flame. Immediately there is deafening roar like a thunder clap and a great billowing cloud of steam fills the room.

All is silent.

nikolokolus

Arcane
For a moment or two . . .

Solon starts coughing and waving his hands dramatically in the air, trying to sweep the billowing steam away, "You idiots! You imbecilic morons! Of all the addle-brained, incompetent apprentices I've seen in my day, none of you would be worthy to fetch their chamber pots!" He waddles over to the place where the two elementals converged and exploded and bends down and picks up the shattered remains of their flasks. "Look what you people have done!" He looks down at Cormac's smoldering body and makes a satisfied *harumph* sound in the back of his throat. "This is what happens to naughty children who can't keep their hands to themselves innit?!" He says mockingly at the corpse.

He spins his massive bulk around and levels a angry glare at the rest of you, "What in hells are you lot going to do about this catastrophe?! Hmmmm? What, cat got your tongue?!"

Wayward Son

Mab looks from Cormac's charred body to Solon and says with devastating calm, "Friend, I'd shut yer goddamned mouth if I were you." He continues, growing slightly less calm as he goes on, "What in the Nine Hells were you doing with two elementals in your house anyway? And what were ya acting so damned suspicious for?"

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"Apprentices or no, we're not the ones hiding from a wizard of long ago. And what were you about while we were trying to save our hide and yours?"

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Marcán steps forward inches away from Solon, weapon still drawn. "Mind your tongue. Accidents are accidents but my cousin paid the ultimate price for his mistake. That should be enough. Now if you excuse me, I have to bury two family members instead of one."

Marcán appraises Cormac's corpse, to see what belongings may or may not have survived the fire.
Well that just happened, lol.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Still kneeling by Cormac, Rhenmyr flop onto the floor, a defeated look on his face. "Damn it. Perhaps he was on borrowed time, and the fire in Ghul's tower finally caught up to him."

L'ennui

Magister
As Solon's last words of protest settle in Urash's mind, his thousand-yard stare flickers back to a much more immediate fury:

"Catastrophe, you say?" The Acadian jabs an accusatory finger at Solon.

"No, sir! It is you who are the catastrophe here!"

Urash takes a step towards Solon, then another.

"You dare lecture us?! Some apprentice you must have been!"

Another step forward.

"Even the most elementary precaution, easily within reach of all but the stupidest initiate, would have prevented this tragedy entirely!"

Urash plants himself squarely in front of his interlocutor, almost shouting now with defiance and indignation.

"I mean... Good grief, have you never heard of safes!? No, sir, you may not display such indignation when one of our number lies dead on your cursed floor! Speak in that tone again and verily, none here will mourn when you go after Cormac, and perhaps in much the same fashion as I sense much of your useless baubles would burn quite nicely!!"

Panting, his beard disheveled and his eyes ablaze, Urash finally leaves Solon to go to Cormac's side.

"Aaah, it's just no use. You're not fit to sully his memory by sharing even the same deathbed..."

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Somewhat depressingly, this is our first reroll from a player! We still need a Cleric so... wink wink. Nudge nudge.

Wayward Son

Somewhat depressingly, this is our first reroll from a player! We still need a Cleric so... wink wink. Nudge nudge.
Well, actually, I've got Heal as a spell (not enough time to cast it on Cormac, unfortunately), so he could just take Physik.

Here is what he had on him. Not sure what exactly survived yet, but some stuff was on his horse outside.

Gear-
1x Backpack
1x Bedroll
6x Rations
1x Ornate, Stone Symbol of Arawn
1x Torch
1x Waterskin
1x Flint and Iron
10x Candles
1x Robes (I would expect these were burned)
20x Sling Bullets
1x Silver Torc of Office
1x Flask of Strong Yellow Alcohol

On horse in leather bag or wrapped in bed sheets-
1x Talorc's Fine Bronze Scale Armor (not carried)
1x Talorc's Iron Greatsword (not carried)
1x Fine Fur Cloak (not carried)
1x Fine Linen Tunic with silver and gold thread (not carried)
1x Bed sheets (not carried)
1x Leather bag (not carried)
1 Pint Lamp Oil (not carried)
9x Parchment (not carried)
1x Parchment with carefully transcribed drawing of symbols from the tomb of Ulfheonar, for further study. (not carried)
1x Map Case

Weapons-
1x Fine Oak Cudgel
1x Sling
Arawn Hilt Dagger
1x Round Shield (Half)

Wealth-
75 SP, 22 BP,
16 Gold coins
62 Pieces of Jewelry in various states
5-6lbs of Gold and Silver

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Can't go wrong with an actual thief. Or another Barbarian. Also wow, that's the fourth character down so far.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom