Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Playing a game vs watching walkthrough

Now I'v got the same problem as in opening post but with Planescape: Torment. It would be fucking good to finally finish it afters all this tries through years but this bsb combat is horrible. There is a nice-looking LP on LP Archives but we have great polish localization of this geam with no LP's so dunno... To the codexers that have finished PS:T - will I loose much reading LP intead of playing it to the end?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Just get your hands on Tomes of Cheats, boost yourself and take no prisoners.
I took it on my 2nd playthrough and it was way better experience.
This way it become more book-a-like when there is less hassle with bad combat and mobs.

Last edited:

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Now I'v got the same problem as in opening post but with Planescape: Torment. It would be fucking good to finally finish it afters all this tries through years but this bsb combat is horrible. There is a nice-looking LP on LP Archives but we have great polish localization of this geam with no LP's so dunno... To the codexers that have finished PS:T - will I loose much reading LP intead of playing it to the end?
Sure you will because it's a game where you're actively participating to the narrative with choices to make during quests and things you will or won't miss. There are several dialogs with different cool choices to try.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Eh ive played the game as a fighter with low intelligence. Its still the best game ever. Stop with the exaggerations about the combat.

sullynathan

Arcane
Back in the dark ages , I used to watch walkthroughs because I never thought I would ever buy a certain game. Now I just pirate it.

Eh ive played the game as a fighter with low intelligence. Its still the best game ever. Stop with the exaggerations about the combat.

I'm sure combat is better when you fight as physical hitter but the point of this geam is to play with high Wis / Int and gain access to moar dialogue options.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected

I'm sure combat is better when you fight as physical hitter but the point of this geam is to play with high Wis / Int and gain access to moar dialogue options.
But it's not like you can pick all dialogue options.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded

No thats not the point of the game. Point of the game is to play. And trust me, even with a low INT goon, there are still many options and the dialogue is still better than most other RPGs. Game doesn't magically turn into shit if you dont play high INT and WIS character.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom