Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Please pay your bills on time, DU

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I went into that thread, read a few posts and was terrified. What a sorry bunch the Watch is. Shitting on Fallout? Really? What the fuck is wrong with those people? And people think that Codex is the cesspool? Well I'd rather be in a cesspool like the Codex, then in Popamole land on the Watch.

Pay the bills DU, because if we have to go back to the Watch again, like during Watchwitz, I will cut myself.

To be fair, most of the Fallout games are shit. Only Fallout 1 and Fallout: New Vegas (Specifically, factions and Dead Money) are worth a serious mention.

But, I digress.
But they are shitting on Fallout 1 FFS! I just...I can't.....How should.....Aaaah, fuck those losers.

And Fallout 2 is good by the way, just not as good as 1.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
We will not accept that kind of outage again, especially with such incline on the way.

There is much to discuss these days and doing so at RPGWatch is, frankly, undesirable.

Thank you.

There was an outage?

Must have missed it as unlike others I actually WORK instead of mooching off my parents/government.

I went to the watch and read their comment thread on our top 10 rpg list, it was pretty funny.

Link?
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19856

Apparently voting for games that you like is having "bias" an "agenda" and "not objective". That was the biggest source of retardation, only a few wanted recent Bethesda and Bioware games included.

but, but...how is that different from the "Witcher gets GOTY on the Codex ONLY cause all the Potatoes vote for it?" whining here?

I went to the watch and read their comment thread on our top 10 rpg list, it was pretty funny.

You should just stay here and read our own comments about our top RPG list. Or read the comments about the Greatest RPG in the last decade being Diablo 2. That's an RPG CODEX trademark right there.

Besides, the Watch is better as it's featured on the Divinity KS page press quotes. :troll:

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.

Fallout 2 looks good at first, but it's just a bad version of New Vegas: Multiple attractions to see but poorly paced, unbalanced combat (piss hard, then easy as hell about half-way through), no engaging stories, fairly mediocre writing (which is surprising seeing how Fallout 1 was pretty decent).

Replaying Fallout 1 and New Vegas is always fun, but doing Fallout 2 always feels like a chore. And it doesn't help that you have to do the stupid temple at the beginning.

In fact, I haven't played Fallout 1 in awhile. Maybe I'll go do that.

laclongquan

Arcane

Fallout 2 looks good at first, but it's just a bad version of New Vegas: Multiple attractions to see but poorly paced, unbalanced combat (piss hard, then easy as hell about half-way through), no engaging stories, fairly mediocre writing (which is surprising seeing how Fallout 1 was pretty decent).

Replaying Fallout 1 and New Vegas is always fun, but doing Fallout 2 always feels like a chore. And it doesn't help that you have to do the stupid temple at the beginning.

Do a LP for it. Doooo eeeeet!

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.

Do a LP for it. Doooo eeeeet!

I dunno. I've never done a LP before. I'll keep it in mind.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
YdILJSQ.jpg

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Gays had to find something new since the ponies were taking over the rainbows, I suppose.
The new logo makes me think of a pair of buttocks that has been torn apart, spilling blood everywhere. Maybe not what they were going for?

Sub

Arcane
I see it as a pink equals sign with a red background. Why do they say it is red?

Multi-headed Cow

Link?
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19856

Apparently voting for games that you like is having "bias" an "agenda" and "not objective". That was the biggest source of retardation, only a few wanted recent Bethesda and Bioware games included.
:avatard:

Glad I glanced into site feedback. This link is SBTE material.

Multi-headed Cow

Looking forward to April 1st.
My greatest achievement on the Codex is getting the fastest run through the text adventure. :M

Edit: Or was it fewest moves? Fuck, I don't even remember now. THIS IS TERRIBLE.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom