Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pretty?

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I can't say I like the new symbol very much. It's directional, which doesn't fit its position.

Koby

Scholar
Claw said:
I can't say I like the new symbol very much. It's directional, which doesn't fit its position.

callehe said:
for the new design: the assymetry is a little disturbing, and the middle looks empty.

This is exactly why I like the new screenshot, it doesn't fallow some kind of "this is how its supposed to look like...", it's different, unique.

The only way to make it even (a smudge) better it to turn around the diagram by a few degree so it would be a little less cohesive part of the room, i.e. make sure that none of the triangle vertexes point exactly to one of the corners of the room it is in, to give the sense the while the room is an integrated part of its surroundings (the rest of the room in the cave/underground), the powerNode/whatever itself follow its own set of rules (or alternatively the poeple/other race that created the powerNode had to create it completely following some kind of rules [celestial object alignment for example]) so it was created "out of sync" with the room itself.

Or something like that.

Cassidy

Arcane
Elhoim said:
Here it is:

It's great, but what about this? It's very close to the current symbol, I think it is more cool than it and will be a nice easter egg :truther:

illuminati.gif

Elhoim said:
aweigh said:
is it true argentines don't consider themselves latinos
According to many argentines, this is the real position of the country :P

Argentinamap.JPG

YEAH! Argentinian wine isn't bad.

Worldmap.jpg

denizsi

Arcane
Denizsi hocam çok güzel olmuş son koyduğun resimler. Rünlerden iyidir her türlü hehe

Eyvallah. Laf aramızda, bu foruma bir türk yeter :P

It's directional

Since the room itself is square with two enries, any sign with any non-square element, any sign that doesn't consist of quarterly pieces that are mirrors of each other, will be directional. This can be observed in all versions. So all that matters is orientation of the sign. Note that I'm not defending my sign, but pointing out an erroneous impression. Perhaps it will look "more right" to you if the sign is rotated 90°. I do agree something better could be come up with.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
You are talking about orientation, not direction. Of course I didn't make a wrong "observation" - that's just a dumb thing to say - but at worst not express myself clearly enough for you to understand.

Sorry I don't like your symbol, not for this purpose anyway. I don't care about the devil association either.

denizsi

Arcane
I don't care if you like it or not, and it doesn't even matter if everybody else hates or loves it. It's up to VD at the end, and I myself don't adore it that much either. Direction is pointless here, because of the shape of the room, and the entry points, unless there is pseudo-logic to it which VD hasn't given away so far. Do you mean the V / M symbol by devil association? If so, I agree there.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
It's always up to VD in the end, although public opinion may sway him. Unlike some people, I thought the pentagram was a great symbol in the first place. I'd rather see no change than change for change's sake.

Haraldur

Augur
I agree with claw. The pentagram, while cliche, did look badass.

Of course, an (A) would always be better... :P but would almost certainly not fit in at all.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
denizsi said:
Here is a little something to give ideas:
Thanks a lot, denizsi! Great stuff.

Elhoim said:
I gave the 5th plug a place to fit. I think it looks perfect now.
It does. Great work, Oscar, as usual.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom