Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PS VITA hacked. For real this time native vita hack (not epsp one)

kalganoat

Savant
nah switch scene is mostly filled with 3ds hackers. There are already a bunch of anti-piracy dev faggots virtue signaling everywhere. Starting drama with modchip group, quitting cause people used his code for piracy. etc etc.

Playstation hackers are cool, psp, ps3, vita and ps4

These nintendo hackers are all a bunch of attention whores.

Bahamut

Arcane
nah switch scene is mostly filled with 3ds hackers. There are already a bunch of anti-piracy dev faggots virtue signaling everywhere. Starting drama with modchip group, quitting cause people used his code for piracy. etc etc.

Playstation hackers are cool, psp, ps3, vita and ps4

These nintendo hackers are all a bunch of attention whores.

Sadly from all above vita is p niche, available emulators seem worse than original PSP, whats more funny emulators run from PSP/Adrenaline mode work better than those native to vita, tho some of them have issue with proper pixel scaling

Kinda sad because vita has p decent hardware, has proper analog sticks unlike 3ds and OLED is godly

Perkel

Arcane
vita scene is smaller because vita was hacked quite recently AND you need to get vita on specific firmware which is not easy as people usually update their software unlike 3DS people who never heard of firmware to begin with.

Vorark

Erudite
It's out: https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/h-encore

h-encore

h-encore, where h stands for hacks and homebrews, is the second public jailbreak for the PS Vita™ which supports the newest firmwares 3.65, 3.67 and 3.68. It allows you to make kernel- and user-modifications, change the clock speed, install plugins, run homebrews and much more.
Requirements

• Your device must be on firmware 3.65, 3.67 or 3.68. Any other is not supported. If you're on a lower firmware, please decide carefully to what firmware you want to update, then search for a trustable guide on /r/vitahacks (if you know how and want to contribute, you can edit this readme and make a pull request, such that fellow readers have got an easier life). Remember that on firmware 3.65 you have got the possibility to install enso, the permanent hack, whereas on 3.67 and 3.68 you don't.
  • If your device is a phat OLED model, you need a Memory Card in order to install. There's no need for a Memory Card on Slim/PS TV models, since they already provide an Internal Storage. Make sure you have got at least 270 MB of free space.
  • Your device must be linked to any PSN account (it doesn't need to be activated though).

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I'll hold off until we have a retard proof guide or without having to re-apply the exploit constantly. Who knows, it might breathe life to my Vita once again.

Perkel

Arcane
I'll hold off until we have a retard proof guide or without having to re-apply the exploit constantly. Who knows, it might breathe life to my Vita once again.

ENSO will be supported with this in no time. ENSO is permanent hack.

Vorark

Erudite
Followed the instructions on the h-encore page and now my 3.65 Vita is finally free! Impressive. It may seem complicated but if you have ever seen a terminal window in your life, you'll be fine.

So what do we have here of note...

Ports:
San Andreas, Bully, Max Payne, Diablo 1, OpenXcom, GemRB (meaning Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape Torment, ..), Caesar 3, Heroes of Might and Magic 2, Dune Legacy, Crazy Taxi Classic, Shadow Warrior, Quake 1, 2 and 3, Quakespasm, Half-Life (or CS or any datadisc), Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Red Alert, Tiberian Dawn, Another Metroid 2 Remake, AVP Classic 2000, Hexen 2, Jazz Jackrabbit and Tyrian (there are many more but these I consider to be interesting games)

State of emulators:
-Moonlight while technically not an emulator allows your PC to be streamed to Vita over wi-fi meaning you can play anything from your PC on your Vita
-Retroarch newest version allows System Shock 1 to be played just fine, other consoles are fine (let's say you can play almost anything up and including Playstation 1)
-ScummVM discontinued sadly Blade Runner but stuff like Ultima 7, Legend of Kyrandia, IHNMAIMS or Sam and Max work just fine
-N64 emulation is now almost top notch (Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask fully playable at full speed), sadly Golden Eye works flawlessly MINUS the audio
-Some PSP and PS1 games can be played full-speed and with native resolution, plus you can play FPS from PSP with dual analogs
-Possibly in the future we might get much better Dreamcast emulation - atm only Mr. Driller runs at full speed (but for example Legacy of Kain is kind of playable); as well as DS emulation

Other stuff:
-There are many interesting apps and plugins to enhance the convenience of use (Retroarch launchers, save managers, button swapping, overclocking,...)
-For some strange reason the scene is still growing with more and more projects coming (standalone original ones or ports of games like Cuphead, Portal 1 or Hollow Knight)

I have to say I really like the Vita now - atm it's cheap, has some interesting games (Freedom Wars, Soul Sacrifice Delta, Killzone Mercenary, TearAway...) but most importantly the form factor and emus.

I consider Switch huge and not very portable and ugly, Steam Deck seems so big I might as well bring laptop with me. Vita is solidly built and is just fantastic to use - when the battery is drained you continue right where you stopped after it turns on, it can stay in stand-by mode for couple of weeks.

It is great to play some "smaller" or older games I would not have played otherwise (playing some old-school adventure on big ass monitor is just weird). After over-clocking I enjoyed DEX very much. And it just fits in your hands, well worth it in 2021 imo

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
h-encore, where h stands for hacks and homebrews
Are they sure it doesn't stand for hentai too?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom