Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Putting the RPG back in the Codex!

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
WhiskeyWolf said:
Dementia Praecox said:
andhairaue3.jpg
Who's he?

Thankfully, Wikipedia has a whole page dedicated to Chris Crocker, internet celebtriy

Besides, they're all now animated tv show celebrities, too

He actually has his own talk show now, so Ihave heard.

I bet he will be running for prezidant in a couple of years.

larpingdude14

Scholar
Dementia Praecox said:
I firmly believe that Andhaira is smart enough to pull a belivable cover for quite some time. Better than Chefe, atleast.
Well, it looks like he isn't.

Rhett Butler

Scholar
So seeing as he is not going to let himself be banned, maybe one of the more unscrupulous admins could trace his IP and get dox on him? If you're worried about getting your admin privileges taken away you could always us an alt to post them. Just a thought.

Rhett Butler said:
So seeing as he is not going to let himself be banned, maybe one of the more unscrupulous admins could trace his IP and get dox on him? If you're worried about getting your admin privileges taken away you could always us an alt to post them. Just a thought.
If there is one admin that'll do it, it's DU, and I can't see him worrying about loosing privileges any time soon.

Aditya

Educated
Hey manz I totally object to this ban it's not fair he was only saying his opinion which was a pretty smart opinion anywayz you guys are all dumasses lolz

DraQ

Arcane
We need a special subsection of the Retardo called Retard Arena.

Only severely illiterate, highly dumbfuckeous and such would be able to post there (gladiators would be appointed individually by the decision of the admin), but they would be disallowed to post anywhere else on the Codex. Hilarity is bound to ensue.

spacemoose

Erudite
DraQ said:
We need a special subsection of the Retardo called Retard Arena.

Only severely illiterate, highly dumbfuckeous and such would be able to post there (gladiators would be appointed individually by the decision of the admin), but they would be disallowed to post anywhere else on the Codex. Hilarity is bound to ensue.
I've been saying this for years :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :) :o :D :P :arrow:

:wink:

Andharia

Novice
Eh?

Diplomacy is way too underrated here. It needs to become more accepted by Codexia!

mjorkerina

Scholar
Andharia said:
Eh?

Diplomacy is way too underrated here. It needs to become more accepted by Codexia!

There is no diplomacy action possible with someone who has a brain the size of a pea. About time someone get the flamethrower ready.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I'm thinking checking a proxy shouldn't be that hard. I can use the google API to simply send through the IP address of the poster. If I get any results at all, I can flag it as a proxy. I could run the check on registration and then randomly on certain posts (every post I think would kill it and have google accuse me of abusing their API). Depending on the amount of results I could then either tag those users and auto-notify someone or insta-ban that ip address. Possible potential issue with AOL users but it shouldn't be too hard to check the hostname and ignore accordingly. Also a possible outside chance that innocent users might be nixed if for some reason their IP is all over the net (though highly unusual).

Maybe instead of auto-ban, I limit those users options until it's been verified. I could then throw in a follow-up command that'd allow me to simply scan all open ports on the potential IP and if I find one that's an open proxy that I can connect to, ban it. Certainly worth some more investigation.

... of course, it would upset Chefe.

DarkUnderlord said:
I'm thinking checking a proxy shouldn't be that hard. I can use the google API to simply send through the IP address of the poster. If I get any results at all, I can flag it as a proxy. I could run the check on registration and then randomly on certain posts (every post I think would kill it and have google accuse me of abusing their API). Depending on the amount of results I could then either tag those users and auto-notify someone or insta-ban that ip address.
That sounds pretty sweet. Are you going to publish whatever tool/modification you have to make for it?

Possible potential issue with AOL users but it shouldn't be too hard to check the
hostname and ignore accordingly.
What!? You mean you don't deny access to AOL-users by default? Everything makes so much more sense now!

Also a possible outside chance that innocent users might be nixed if for some reason their IP is all over the net (though highly unusual).
But then again it's likely they're retarded anyway, so does that really matter? I mean, if it happens to any regulars, you'll get so many angry emails that your inbox will explode.

But will it stop stuff like TOR and JAP?

Andharia

Novice
But DU, why go through all this trouble? Its not like i am being a bother. 9other people reacting out of proportion is whats a bother, I am adding constructively to fair Codexia!)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom